Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Olympia PrideFest organizers deny open carrier LGBT members entrance to public event.

Olympia PrideFest organizers deny open carrier LGBT members entrance to public event.

Olympia, WA - On 06/20/2015, members of the LGBT community reported being refused entrance to a gay pride event. These members also happen to believe in and practice "open carry" when they see fit . A number of event organizers and supporters joined together to form a "human chain" in what appeared to be a successful attempt at preventing the open carrying LGBT members from entering into this public event. They even broke into some kind of really creepy chanting during this incident. It was almost cult-like.

Tomorrow, Olympia will host its annual LGBT parade. Hopefully it will prove to be a day of TRUE tolerance for different lifestyles, no matter how offensive some might consider them.

I did not produce the following video: http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=80a_1434851197

- Rogue Reflections -

Typical I demand my rights but you can't have your rights, nothing new to see here.
    Throw me to the wolves and I will come back leading the pack.

rouge, you know, w/o a doubt, unless your LG carriers w/4 high cap mags (supposedly empty) are standing on a public sidewalk, they will be shunned. and listening to the audio, they do not have a clue what type of firearms they are carrying which should concern you if they are truly unloaded; are mocking the lifestyle; and apparently trying to make their 15 minutes of fame at others expense.

therefore rouge, i am truly not sure why your silly butt is puckered over these idiots being told they are denied entrance to this event. i liken it to you being dressed poorly in your best drag outfit w/high heels and going to an NRA convention!!!

'fraid you might of missed the real life experience(s) or even the folklore where individuals would act as snipers and would take pot shots at those GLBT citizens leaving nightclubs and bars from surrounding roof tops and the other violence historically perpetrated against those who follow the GLBT lifestyle.

possibly see you @ b'ham's event!

ipse
    Last edited by solus; 06-21-2015 at 04:47 PM.
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

The hypocrisy runs strong in that group.
    "The beauty of the Second Amenment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson
    "Evil often triumphs, but never conquers." Joseph Roux
    http://nwfood.shelfreliance.com

The organizers of perversionfest being against guns is what I would expect. It's a liberal leftist lifestyle, no suprises here.

Quote Originally Posted by OC Freedom View Post
    The organizers of perversionfest being against guns is what I would expect. It's a liberal leftist lifestyle, no suprises here.
    nice professional reference OCFreedom...and yet when outsiders refer in exact same verbal mentality when they see those who OCLG in restaurants etc. I believe you would be one of the first to climb on your soapbox hollering they are not exhibiting perversion, just going about their daily lives abiding in their 2A activities.

glad to see the double is alive and well in your world.

ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by golddigger14s View Post
    The hypocrisy runs strong in that group.
    Not really. There is no legitimate reason to show up kitted out for war at a demonstration event, in Washington it's illegal to carry guns in a manner intended to warrant alarm, which is clearly what was going on here
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

NRA Member

Quote Originally Posted by EMNofSeattle View Post
    Not really. There is no legitimate reason to show up kitted out for war at a demonstration event, in Washington it's illegal to carry guns in a manner intended to warrant alarm, which is clearly what was going on here

Warrant Alarm eh? --- You've been here long enough, and you know exactly how the whole "Warrants Alarm" thing works, and thats not it.

hint: if they were carrying at the low ready, or pistol in hand, that would warrant alarm. - being "kitted out for war" is subjective.
    ~ ENCLAVE vmc ~
    The Enclave is looking for patriotic motorcycle riders in Washington State who support liberty and freedom for all. ~ Check us out!
    ~
    * " To be swayed neither by the opponent nor by his sword is the essence of swordsmanship." - Miyamoto Musashi.

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/misc.php?do=showrules

(14) LONG GUN CARRY IS OFF-TOPIC: This web site is focused on the right to openly carry properly holstered handguns in daily American life. We do NOT promote the carry of long guns. Long guns are great! OCDO co-founders John & Mike and most of the members of this forum own at least one long gun - but due to urban area issues of muzzle control and lack of trigger guard coverage, we cannot support long gun open carry.
    EMO & Batousaii, i'm sure that is what you meant with warrant alarm?

Batousaii, go watch the end of the video...they do not even know what kinda firearms (commander, see there is no, none at all, mention of long guns- k!!) they are carrying...w/4 mags... yes kitted out would be the kinder gentler word to preclude panic amongst the populace..

ipse
    Last edited by solus; 06-22-2015 at 12:53 PM.

Olympia Pridefest: They returned the next day.

Returning the next day, the open carry advocates recorded this: http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=b0c_1434940450

Another amazing incident where the offended claim to be skeeered of firearms, yet there they stand confronting people with firearms.
    It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RogueReflections View Post
    Returning the next day, the open carry advocates recorded this: http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=b0c_1434940450
    If this were not so very sad and wrong, it would be funny. Note, I am not laughing.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

everyone is just giving the videographers far far more attention then they truly deserve...

daddy used to say never argue with an idiot as you will never win. never lower yourself to their level either as you will still not win as they have far more experience at being an idiot then you do...

not sure why they were not trespassed or is that not allowed in the Evergreen state...

ipse

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Hayes View Post
    Typical I demand my rights but you can't have your rights, nothing new to see here.
    +1
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

Quote Originally Posted by solus View Post

not sure why they were not trespassed or is that not allowed in the Evergreen state...

ipse
    It looks like they were in a public place, I suspect the capital grounds, so both groups had a right to be there. What surprises me is the people blocking access did not get arrested.
    Throw me to the wolves and I will come back leading the pack.

Founder's Club Member
    I don't understand. Was the venue held on public property? Were the organizers within their property rights to deny access to pro-gunners?
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    I don't understand. Was the venue held on public property? Were the organizers within their property rights to deny access to pro-gunners?
    From the description of the second video it seems it was public property and there was no Sequim basis to trespass out the OCers because apparently WSP showed up and told the hoplophobes they had no basis to ask the OCers to leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpine View Post
    From the description of the second video it seems it was public property and there was no Sequim basis to trespass out the OCers because apparently WSP showed up and told the hoplophobes they had no basis to ask the OCers to leave.
    my listening (how on earth ppl could watch the jumping around crap is beyond me) to the video and it was one of the gun carrier blokes who stated o/a 1:40 he had talked to the WSP who told them they could be there. hyperbole, nobody knows for sure.

nowhere in any of the three videos did WSP make an appearance.

surely their commercial use permit should afford some relief.

ok, the OC'g LG blokes got their 10 minutes of fame

ipse

Why didn't anyone call WSP to verify then? Why didn't anyone call 911? Maybe they did and the cops told them to stop wasting their time?

surely their commercial use permit should afford some relief.
    Remember you said that when the entire cities of Seattle, Tacoma, Spokane, Everett, Bellevue, etc., become "leased" to quasi-public corporations and there is no more public space anywhere in them where one can lawfully carry.

Quote Originally Posted by solus View Post
    nowhere in any of the three videos did WSP make an appearance.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpine View Post
    Why didn't anyone call WSP to verify then? Why didn't anyone call 911? Maybe they did and the cops told them to stop wasting their time?

3:00 Minutes in on this video; http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=b0c_1434940450

I see some WSP officers... Ending the video with the officer saying 'This is clearly causing a disturbance'.
    Last edited by slapmonkay; 06-23-2015 at 01:17 PM.
    I Am Not A Lawyer, verify all facts presented independently.

It's called the "American Dream" because you have to be asleep to believe it. - George Carlin

I carry a spare tire, in case I have a flat. I carry life insurance, in case I die. I carry a gun, in case I need it.

Quote Originally Posted by slapmonkay View Post
    3:00 Minutes in on this video; http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=b0c_1434940450

I see some WSP officers... Ending the video with the officer saying 'This is clearly causing a disturbance'.
    thanks slapmonkey, i thought i listened to the end and apparently missed the connotation of the conversation against the actually video footage showing the nice LEs...

but read what is stated in their blog about the nice LEs arriving...

quote They even say "Nobody wants you here," even though the Washington State Patrol confirmed that the group had the right to be at the event as they were, just like anybody else there. As the woman in pink started to push her way into one of the group members (which she in fact made contact with his body) uniformed men stepped in to handle the situation, telling her that she was to not touch him in any way, and the camera was turned off for the privacy and respect for the uniformed man and the conversation he had with the woman.

such consideration...

still find it quite interesting...and wonder if the consternation raised by the organizers would have been so outspoken if there were no LGs involved and just individual(s) just OC'g?

alas, a what if scenario...

again thanks for your insight on pointing that out...

ipse
    Last edited by solus; 06-23-2015 at 01:39 PM.

State Researcher

Sterling example

Ignoring the rank hypocrisy of a group screaming for recognition of "rights" that nobody even hinted existed until the last 15 years being overtly hostile to a fundamental, constitutionally enumerated right like RKBA, and also ignoring personal beliefs about homosexual conduct....

This case highlights exactly why the RKBA community needs to reach out to various minorities. The stereotypical, white, heterosexual, conservative Christian rural gun owner could not hope to make the slightest inroads at an event like this while demanding his right to carry.

But a homosexual or other sexual minority has a very different voice in the ability to explain that "armed homosexuals don't get bashed".

I believe there is great value in fostering those within the RKBA community who do not fit the stereotypes. I believe she has since passed, but for a while a regular pro-RKBA voice in Utah legislative hearings was a woman who used a wheelchair. There is simply no rebuttal when she rolled up to the mic and said simply, "I CAN'T run away from a violent criminal. I need a gun to defend myself." Another woman was very powerful when she said, "I need my gun because I never again want to be subjected to a rape. It was being victimized in that brutal manner than convinced me I needed a way to defend myself in the first place."

Sexual minorities, racial minorities, women, crime victims, and the disabled bring a powerful voice to our side of the RKBA debate.

Charles
    All experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. Thank heaven we do not permit a few to impose anarchy.

"With Anarchy as an aim and as a means, Communism becomes possible."
    --Marxist.org

"Communism and Anarchy [are], a necessary complement to one another. "
    --PETER KROPOTKIN, "Anarchism: its philosophy and ideal." 1898.

piper, et al., nawlll, the GLBT community, in approximately 45 years, have managed to single handedly to overcome against all odds, against religious, str8s, and a whole gaggle of other zealots, all of whom make the Bloomberg, nra's ila, and other antis crowd look like a church choirs, succeed in steady, forward, concentrated nationally directed campaign(s) pushed to reaching their goals and the funny thing is, this group didn't have a dedicated amendment to assist them.

I acknowledge, there have been a couple of state wide successes noted in the rkba arena but not on a national level ~ mainly because of the myriad of individual egos pushing what their perception is the best modality to pursue which runs counter to another's perception and then the infighting starts and now those who or want to support the agenda, find themselves torn who to join.

there is no national agenda, why even you can not tell me what should be on any rkba agenda with any type of certainty w/o the war beginning of why your agenda list is not suitable to someone else, let alone provide any kind of priority or descending order to begin checking them off.

even when that herculean task is worked out, the egos will begin arguing how to organize on getting these goals reached. then the infighting will begin on how to budget and where is the money going to come from ...and the downward spiral begins and activities fall apart to meaningless nothing.

so piper, tell us you listing of rkba activities, by priority, we should work towards.

ipse

Liberals are as hypocritical as conservatives. Not shocked.
    "I'm just a no-account screed-peddler" Dave Workman http://goo.gl/CNf6pB

"We ought to extend the [1994] assault weapons ban" George W Bush

"The Bush Administration declared a permanent ban today on almost all foreign-made semiautomatic assault rifles." George Bush Sr, New York Times on July 8, 1989

"I support the Brady bill and I urge the Congress to enact it without delay." Ronald Regan.

"Guns are an abomination." Richard Nixon

Liberals are liberals first and foremost. Identifiers, typically associated with liberals are no guarantee that you will be accepted into, or remain, in the liberal group.

Example(s)?

Hillary Clinton...good.
    Carly Fiorina...bad.

Barry Obama...good.
    Ben Carson...bad.

Thurgood Marshall...good.
    Clarence Thomas...bad.

CNN...good.
    FNC...bad.

Cops with guns...good.
    You with guns...bad.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast