• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Olympia PrideFest organizers deny open carrier LGBT members entrance to public event.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RogueReflections

Olympia, WA - On 06/20/2015, members of the LGBT community reported being refused entrance to a gay pride event. These members also happen to believe in and practice "open carry" when they see fit . A number of event organizers and supporters joined together to form a "human chain" in what appeared to be a successful attempt at preventing the open carrying LGBT members from entering into this public event. They even broke into some kind of really creepy chanting during this incident. It was almost cult-like.

Tomorrow, Olympia will host its annual LGBT parade. Hopefully it will prove to be a day of TRUE tolerance for different lifestyles, no matter how offensive some might consider them.

I did not produce the following video: http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=80a_1434851197

- Rogue Reflections -

solus

rouge, you know, w/o a doubt, unless your LG carriers w/4 high cap mags (supposedly empty) are standing on a public sidewalk, they will be shunned. and listening to the audio, they do not have a clue what type of firearms they are carrying which should concern you if they are truly unloaded; are mocking the lifestyle; and apparently trying to make their 15 minutes of fame at others expense.

therefore rouge, i am truly not sure why your silly butt is puckered over these idiots being told they are denied entrance to this event. i liken it to you being dressed poorly in your best drag outfit w/high heels and going to an NRA convention!!!

'fraid you might of missed the real life experience(s) or even the folklore where individuals would act as snipers and would take pot shots at those GLBT citizens leaving nightclubs and bars from surrounding roof tops and the other violence historically perpetrated against those who follow the GLBT lifestyle.

possibly see you @ b'ham's event!

ipse

Last edited:

OC Freedom

The organizers of perversionfest being against guns is what I would expect. It's a liberal leftist lifestyle, no suprises here.

solus

The organizers of perversionfest being against guns is what I would expect. It's a liberal leftist lifestyle, no suprises here.

nice professional reference OCFreedom...and yet when outsiders refer in exact same verbal mentality when they see those who OCLG in restaurants etc. I believe you would be one of the first to climb on your soapbox hollering they are not exhibiting perversion, just going about their daily lives abiding in their 2A activities.

glad to see the double is alive and well in your world.

ipse

Batousaii

Not really. There is no legitimate reason to show up kitted out for war at a demonstration event, in Washington it's illegal to carry guns in a manner intended to warrant alarm, which is clearly what was going on here

Warrant Alarm eh? --- You've been here long enough, and you know exactly how the whole "Warrants Alarm" thing works, and thats not it.

hint: if they were carrying at the low ready, or pistol in hand, that would warrant alarm. - being "kitted out for war" is subjective.

solus

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/misc.php?do=showrules

(14) LONG GUN CARRY IS OFF-TOPIC: This web site is focused on the right to openly carry properly holstered handguns in daily American life. We do NOT promote the carry of long guns. Long guns are great! OCDO co-founders John & Mike and most of the members of this forum own at least one long gun - but due to urban area issues of muzzle control and lack of trigger guard coverage, we cannot support long gun open carry.

EMO & Batousaii, i'm sure that is what you meant with warrant alarm?

Batousaii, go watch the end of the video...they do not even know what kinda firearms (commander, see there is no, none at all, mention of long guns- k!!) they are carrying...w/4 mags... yes kitted out would be the kinder gentler word to preclude panic amongst the populace..

ipse

Last edited:

WalkingWolf

Another amazing incident where the offended claim to be skeeered of firearms, yet there they stand confronting people with firearms.

solus

everyone is just giving the videographers far far more attention then they truly deserve...

daddy used to say never argue with an idiot as you will never win. never lower yourself to their level either as you will still not win as they have far more experience at being an idiot then you do...

not sure why they were not trespassed or is that not allowed in the Evergreen state...

ipse

Jeff Hayes

not sure why they were not trespassed or is that not allowed in the Evergreen state...

ipse

It looks like they were in a public place, I suspect the capital grounds, so both groups had a right to be there. What surprises me is the people blocking access did not get arrested.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
I don't understand. Was the venue held on public property? Were the organizers within their property rights to deny access to pro-gunners?

Alpine

I don't understand. Was the venue held on public property? Were the organizers within their property rights to deny access to pro-gunners?

From the description of the second video it seems it was public property and there was no Sequim basis to trespass out the OCers because apparently WSP showed up and told the hoplophobes they had no basis to ask the OCers to leave.

solus

From the description of the second video it seems it was public property and there was no Sequim basis to trespass out the OCers because apparently WSP showed up and told the hoplophobes they had no basis to ask the OCers to leave.

my listening (how on earth ppl could watch the jumping around crap is beyond me) to the video and it was one of the gun carrier blokes who stated o/a 1:40 he had talked to the WSP who told them they could be there. hyperbole, nobody knows for sure.

nowhere in any of the three videos did WSP make an appearance.

surely their commercial use permit should afford some relief.

ok, the OC'g LG blokes got their 10 minutes of fame

ipse

Alpine

Why didn't anyone call WSP to verify then? Why didn't anyone call 911? Maybe they did and the cops told them to stop wasting their time?

surely their commercial use permit should afford some relief.
Remember you said that when the entire cities of Seattle, Tacoma, Spokane, Everett, Bellevue, etc., become "leased" to quasi-public corporations and there is no more public space anywhere in them where one can lawfully carry.

slapmonkay

Campaign Veteran
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.