• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Lucky Gunner to donate legal fees awarded

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
http://www.luckygunner.com/brady-v-lucky-gunner

Lucky Gunner was awarded legal fees after successfully beating back a blatant political agenda attack via lawsuit filed by the Brady bunch.

They are going to donate those funds to a 2A-focused organization, based on input from the hoi-poloi. Their discussion of the issue and the choices to pick from are at the link.

It's sort of like those TV talent shows - 'Murica (or a subset thereof) get to pick its favorite.

stay safe.

solus

glad they persevered and were successful...

and thanks for pointing out their opportunity to redistribute the monies...

ipse

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
I called the top three, in order. LOL at NRA a distant third.

That said, I hope they can afford to do this. They remarked how they had to raise the money for the defense, but once paid back, they can afford to donate it? Honorable, yes. But they absolutely had the right to keep the money recovered. Good advertising, too, though. I admit I'd never heard of them until they were sued, so they deserve it, thanks to the Brady Center!

Hmm, so $110,000+ in DONATIONS to the Brady Center are going to 2nd Amendment organizations? That's awesome. Someone at the Brady Center might lose their bonus over that one.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
!

Hmm, so $110,000+ in DONATIONS to the Brady Center are going to 2nd Amendment organizations? That's awesome. Someone at the Brady Center might lose their bonus over that one.

The Bradys have been losing membership, jettisoning excess baggage, and otherwise declining for some time. I'm not sure they have $110K between money in the bank and regular/recurring donations.

If they cannot pay, the tactic of getting a judgement against them has appeal. Place a value on their name, mailing lists, and other assets. Taking those will put them out of business - although there is a possibility that Bloomberg/Soros will create and fund some sort of replacement organization. Doing so, IMHO, will be a Good Thing[SUP](TM)[/SUP] as it will expose the astroturfing.

stay safe.