Thread: Whatcom county fifth annual picnic

Whatcom county fifth annual picnic

Please come to Bloedel Donovan Park in Bellingham, Washington for the Fifth Annual OC picnic. A beautiful family setting, not far from downtown, at 2214 Electric Avenue. The picnic will start at eleven AM, Saturday, 11 July, 2015 and go on until we tire. BBQ stations will be cooking Hot Dogs, Burgers, and ribs. Bring something to share and spend some time with us.

Safety classes, firearm storage classes, and a few local speakers again this year, and prizes too. Bring the kids, pets must be “on leash”.
    Well holstered firearms are encouraged, but not required. Unsafe acts will not be tolerated.

https://www.cob.org/services/recreat...ovan-park.aspx
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

ba-bump

Time is near People. The 5th Annual Picnic is the 11th of THIS month and the Pride fest (we need Armed Citizens to assist at our tent) on Sunday the 12th.

Any help, or assistance or comments would be beneficial.
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

I have room for two

I can offer a ride . I will be coming from Everett. Any one interested can PM me on this site.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    I'll bring the other tent too John. Anything else you can think of? My brain is fried from the heat!
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Boomboy usually cooks burgers, I will have hot dogs and ribs. We may bring the cotton candy machine if we can think up a 110 power source.

Leash...??

Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie View Post
    Please come to Bloedel Donovan Park in Bellingham, Washington for the Fifth Annual OC picnic. A beautiful family setting, not far from downtown, at 2214 Electric Avenue. The picnic will start at eleven AM, Saturday, 11 July, 2015 and go on until we tire. BBQ stations will be cooking Hot Dogs, Burgers, and ribs. Bring something to share and spend some time with us.

Safety classes, firearm storage classes, and a few local speakers again this year, and prizes too. Bring the kids, pets must be “on leash”.
    Well holstered firearms are encouraged, but not required. Unsafe acts will not be tolerated.

https://www.cob.org/services/recreat...ovan-park.aspx
    My kids must be on a leash... hmm.. that could be a problem.

Boomboy usually cooks burgers, I will have hot dogs and ribs. We may bring the cotton candy machine if we can think up a 110 power source.
    I have a small Honda generator..

"Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their

I am going to Bring some potato salad

About 4 pounds of home made potato salad on ice.

It's a tough call, this, fishing/crabbing, or both.

If I head up that way, I would make a dutch oven cobbler.
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

Kayaks will be available again this year. If you have children, and wish to take them in the boats, you will need to bring appropriate flotation devices for them.

Picnic.....picnic.....picnic

Just picked up 100 hot dogs and their respective buns. (go ahead with the SA comments)

Six racks of ribs should cover those not on the hamburger/hotdog list.

By the By, the Bellingham Pride Folks will be doing their annual picnic at he same time on the other side of the park. cool

Sad I can't make it this year. I'm participating in a church work day to repair some property.

Had a great time meeting yall last year. Eat a hot dog for me.

That is an awful lot of hotdogs.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

We Always seem to run out tho.

I am headed to the park for set up. Could use a bit of ice, I only have one.

I'll bring some ice. And a cooler

It was good to see you all there.

done and done

The picnic was quiet. Too quiet. Not many people in the park at all. The B'ham Pride people did not show for their picnic.

We found out that the "boat inspectors" were warning boaters that the Sheriff was hanging around due to our Open Carry picnic.
    (on a side note the Sheriff is there every weekend in the performance of their duties"

The next day at the Pride fest, I told the coordinators that we missed them at Bloedel Donovan for their picnic. He replied that when he inquired to the parks dept for picnic space, he was told the park would be full that day. They believed them and moved to Maritime park. Curious, I plan on looking into this.

Cool

The picnic was quiet. Too quiet. Not many people in the park at all. The B'ham Pride people did not show for their picnic.

We found out that the "boat inspectors" were warning boaters that the Sheriff was hanging around due to our Open Carry picnic.
    (on a side note the Sheriff is there every weekend in the performance of their duties"

The next day at the Pride fest, I told the coordinators that we missed them at Bloedel Donovan for their picnic. He replied that when he inquired to the parks dept for picnic space, he was told the park would be full that day. They believed them and moved to Maritime park. Curious, I plan on looking into this.

Like you MSG Laigaie I call Malarkey as in BS.

Not as a trouble maker but certainly as a Smart Alec First Class I'd feel privileged to see an OC event sharing the same space as a bunch of Lefties pushing their agenda down the throats of somewhat Right Wing regular conservative folks.

Just one man's opinion flavored with home made grub a mess a ribs 100 dogs, Hot, and burgers. What's NOT TO LOVE? Unless you're a Vegan or Vegetarian!!

HUA

Quote Originally Posted by noname762 View Post

Like you MSG Laigaie I call Malarkey as in BS.

Not as a trouble maker but certainly as a Smart Alec First Class I'd feel privileged to see an OC event sharing the same space as a bunch of Lefties pushing their agenda down the throats of somewhat Right Wing regular conservative folks.

Just one man's opinion flavored with home made grub a mess a ribs 100 dogs, Hot, and burgers. What's NOT TO LOVE? Unless you're a Vegan or Vegetarian!!

HUA
    Last year we shared the space just fine and lots of good cross over.
    This may have more to do with the politicians not liking diversity as much as they claim to.

Quote Originally Posted by noname762 View Post
    What's NOT TO LOVE? Unless you're a Vegan or Vegetarian!!

HUA
    I understand this concept is understood in many cultures. Usually referred to as bad hunters in most

Sorry late to the party. and sorry i missed this. I was at the pride picnic and I can assure you that is what we were told. We do not actually like having it at maritime and a lot of people were confused thinking it was going to be at Bloedell.

What is the date of this year's picnic?

see new thread