Thread: The good that men do.......

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

The good that men do.......

There are good officers out there, good men with a sense of compassion.

This is one such story from Colorado where one man tried to shelter a 2 yo girl from the horror around her.

If you know him or meet him, say 'Thank you' for me. I still have a lump in my throat.

http://www.nbc12.com/story/29386201/...-dies-in-crash

Please no "Yes, but' dissenting opinions or remarks.
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 06-24-2015 at 12:53 AM. Reason: speeling
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

The evil that men do.....

...lives after them.

The good is oft interred with their bones.

grapeshot are you a former LEO or related to LEOs?
    If Law Enforcement really supported the Second Amendment, open carriers would never get harassed or arrested.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

This happened a couple of miles down the road from my brother's house, and just hours after I drove through that exact stretch of road for a personal trip. Good on the officer for taking care of a real bad situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Elhuero View Post
    grapeshot are you a former LEO or related to LEOs?
    Nope. Although I was neither here nor there a lifetime ago - was an academy instructor for DOC. Little outside the fence/wall authority.

Presume you ask because you may think I am a LEO apologist. Not so - my goal is to be fair and present a balance picture. Whether a 75 yo lady does a good thing, a bus driver does a good thing, a teacher does a good thing, or a LEO does a good thing, I may post it. Especially so if that group has been regularly bashed. Still I don't routinely go looking for such.

Almost forgot - yes I was in a small (tiny) way decades ago. Was appointed as a "special officer" in another state by a local police chief who wanted to give me the right to carry concealed and other sooper secret privileges - was somewhat undercover. The bennies lasted about 8 months before I moved away.
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 06-30-2015 at 09:28 PM. Reason: fixed
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    my goal is to be fair and present a balance picture. Whether a 75 yo lady does a good thing, a bus driver does a good thing, a teacher does a good thing, or a LEO does a good thing, I may post it. Especially so if that group has been regularly bashed. Still I don't routinely go looking for such.
    And he was open carrying when he did it!

More like the King's Knight, instead of a serf, but hey if that counts as on topic I'll use it in the future
    "I'm just a no-account screed-peddler" Dave Workman http://goo.gl/CNf6pB

"We ought to extend the [1994] assault weapons ban" George W Bush

"The Bush Administration declared a permanent ban today on almost all foreign-made semiautomatic assault rifles." George Bush Sr, New York Times on July 8, 1989

"I support the Brady bill and I urge the Congress to enact it without delay." Ronald Regan.

"Guns are an abomination." Richard Nixon

Founder's Club Member

Highly Insulted

Nope. Although I was neither here nor there a lifetime ago - was an academy instructor for DOC. Little outside the fence/wall authority.

Presume you ask because you may think I am a LEO apologist. Not so - my goal is to be fair and present a balance picture. Whether a 75 yo lady does a good thing, a bus driver does a good thing, a teacher does a good thing, or a LEO does a good thing, I may post it. Especially so if that group has been regularly bashed. Still I don't routinely go looking for such.

Almost forgot - yes I was in a small (tiny) way decades ago. Was appointed as a "special officer" in another state by a local police chief who wanted to give me the right to carry concealed and other sooper secret privileges - was somewhat undercover. The bennies lasted about 8 months before I moved away.
    I am personally and highly insulted by the bolded material.

Cop bashing has been a banning offense on this forum since what? 2009? Who are these members who regularly bash police here?

Alternatively, I am highly insulted that commentary critical of bad police, often backed up with facts, is characterized as bashing.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Originally Posted by Grapeshot

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post

Cop bashing has been a banning offense on this forum since what? 2009? Who are these members who regularly bash police here?

Alternatively, I am highly insulted that commentary critical of bad police, often backed up with facts, is characterized as bashing.
    You may be "personally and highly insulted" if you chose to be and if that is what makes you happy.

Users of this forum, including you, have been advised in clear terms that broad brushing the group OR having a noticeable history of such was what constituted bashing, but that posting a specific incident of interaction where a problem became obvious would not be deemed such. Read the Forum Rules for further edification.

Note that I did not refer to "members who regularly bash police here" - it is bad manners and potentially a violation of our rules to misquote or mislead as to what someone says, which you do via your question.

Again, you may be "highly insulted" if you chose to be, but there was absolutely no personal insult directed towards you - it is all in your desire to find fault with moderation IMO - you quite obviously do not like such and have a history of ranting about it. Both the rules and my called decisions are in accordance with the administration's wishes, as is posting positive events. In that you have repeatedly posted challenging moderation and ignored direction to not continue with these very public attacks, you should expect action w/o further conversation in the future.

Can't bring yourself to post w/o running into the limits imposed? Then you might invite yourself to not respond to the subject that brings harm to yourself.

Thanks for the answer, Grapeshot.
    If Law Enforcement really supported the Second Amendment, open carriers would never get harassed or arrested.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

There are good officers out there, good men with a sense of compassion.
    -snip-
    Please no "Yes, but' dissenting opinions or remarks.
    Yes, but....
    just as there are good men and women out there, they face a terrible issue over the public being far more aware of the abuses of the system than they, the good cops, are, putting them in harm's way when dealing with someone far more educated that they are. It makes it a hard day's work when you work your butt to the bone and get no appreciation for your work. Even good cops deserve to be praised.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    -snip-
    I am offended that you are offended. So why not just take a chill pill next time?
    Lifetime member, Gun Owners of America (http://gunowners.org/)
    Lifetime member, Jews for the Preservation of Firearm Ownership (http://jpfo.org/)
    Member, Fraternal Order of Eagles since 8/02 (http://www.foe.com/)

Registering gun owners to prevent crime, is like registering Jews to prevent a HOLOCAUST.

I am not a lawyer in real life, or in play life. So anything I say is for debate and discussion only.