• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The good that men do.......

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Last edited:

jackrockblc

This happened a couple of miles down the road from my brother's house, and just hours after I drove through that exact stretch of road for a personal trip. Good on the officer for taking care of a real bad situation.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
grapeshot are you a former LEO or related to LEOs?
Nope. Although I was neither here nor there a lifetime ago - was an academy instructor for DOC. Little outside the fence/wall authority.

Presume you ask because you may think I am a LEO apologist. Not so - my goal is to be fair and present a balance picture. Whether a 75 yo lady does a good thing, a bus driver does a good thing, a teacher does a good thing, or a LEO does a good thing, I may post it. Especially so if that group has been regularly bashed. Still I don't routinely go looking for such.

Almost forgot - yes I was in a small (tiny) way decades ago. Was appointed as a "special officer" in another state by a local police chief who wanted to give me the right to carry concealed and other sooper secret privileges - was somewhat undercover. The bennies lasted about 8 months before I moved away.

Last edited:

Dave_pro2a

my goal is to be fair and present a balance picture. Whether a 75 yo lady does a good thing, a bus driver does a good thing, a teacher does a good thing, or a LEO does a good thing, I may post it. Especially so if that group has been regularly bashed. Still I don't routinely go looking for such.

And he was open carrying when he did it!

More like the King's Knight, instead of a serf, but hey if that counts as on topic I'll use it in the future ;)

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Highly Insulted

Nope. Although I was neither here nor there a lifetime ago - was an academy instructor for DOC. Little outside the fence/wall authority.

Presume you ask because you may think I am a LEO apologist. Not so - my goal is to be fair and present a balance picture. Whether a 75 yo lady does a good thing, a bus driver does a good thing, a teacher does a good thing, or a LEO does a good thing, I may post it. Especially so if that group has been regularly bashed. Still I don't routinely go looking for such.

Almost forgot - yes I was in a small (tiny) way decades ago. Was appointed as a "special officer" in another state by a local police chief who wanted to give me the right to carry concealed and other sooper secret privileges - was somewhat undercover. The bennies lasted about 8 months before I moved away.

I am personally and highly insulted by the bolded material.

Cop bashing has been a banning offense on this forum since what? 2009? Who are these members who regularly bash police here?

Alternatively, I am highly insulted that commentary critical of bad police, often backed up with facts, is characterized as bashing.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Grapeshot

Cop bashing has been a banning offense on this forum since what? 2009? Who are these members who regularly bash police here?

Alternatively, I am highly insulted that commentary critical of bad police, often backed up with facts, is characterized as bashing.
You may be "personally and highly insulted" if you chose to be and if that is what makes you happy.

Users of this forum, including you, have been advised in clear terms that broad brushing the group OR having a noticeable history of such was what constituted bashing, but that posting a specific incident of interaction where a problem became obvious would not be deemed such. Read the Forum Rules for further edification.

Note that I did not refer to "members who regularly bash police here" - it is bad manners and potentially a violation of our rules to misquote or mislead as to what someone says, which you do via your question.

Again, you may be "highly insulted" if you chose to be, but there was absolutely no personal insult directed towards you - it is all in your desire to find fault with moderation IMO - you quite obviously do not like such and have a history of ranting about it. Both the rules and my called decisions are in accordance with the administration's wishes, as is posting positive events. In that you have repeatedly posted challenging moderation and ignored direction to not continue with these very public attacks, you should expect action w/o further conversation in the future.

Can't bring yourself to post w/o running into the limits imposed? Then you might invite yourself to not respond to the subject that brings harm to yourself.

Logan 5

There are good officers out there, good men with a sense of compassion.
-snip-
Please no "Yes, but' dissenting opinions or remarks.

Yes, but....
just as there are good men and women out there, they face a terrible issue over the public being far more aware of the abuses of the system than they, the good cops, are, putting them in harm's way when dealing with someone far more educated that they are. It makes it a hard day's work when you work your butt to the bone and get no appreciation for your work. Even good cops deserve to be praised.

-snip-

I am offended that you are offended. So why not just take a chill pill next time?