Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Ruger LC9 front sight.

  1. #1
    Regular Member self preservation's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Owingsville,KY
    Posts
    1,039

    Ruger LC9 front sight.

    I have Ruger LC9 that is my "pocket gun" while at work and the such. Great little gun but I have one heck of an issue keeping the front sight aligned. Every time I go to shoot it the sight has moved one direction or the other. You can apply gentle pressure with your finger and move it easily. No set screws or anything to apply tension, so I have no idea how to fix this. Any advice?
    “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” Edmund Burke

    self-pres·er·va·tion (slfprzr-vshn)
    n.
    1. Protection of oneself from harm or destruction.
    2. The instinct for individual preservation; the innate desire to stay alive.

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Leesburg VA
    Posts
    160
    Mine did that. Call Ruger and they will send another sight. Either you can install it yourself or take it to a shop. You may be able to convince they to let you send in the slide to repair it themselves.

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Thru Death's Door in Wisconsin
    Posts
    13,156
    Dovetail? Upset one side of the joint with a small punch.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

  4. #4
    Campaign Veteran skidmark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    North Chesterfield VA
    Posts
    10,682
    It's supposed to be pinned. Did you check to see if your pin has gone walkabout?

    While you are at it, have you considered changing the front sight to either a Hi-Viz or XS?

    stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

    Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

    "No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    missouri
    Posts
    497
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    It's supposed to be pinned. Did you check to see if your pin has gone walkabout?

    While you are at it, have you considered changing the front sight to either a Hi-Viz or XS?

    stay safe.
    I know on the SR9 they are in fact.. NOT pinned, they are press fit. and can be removed and or moved where you need with a brass punch and a hammer. I believe the LC9 is the same

    since yours is loose, you could try some red Loctite when you get it where you want it should assist with keeping it in place. ( this is actually what they use with replacement hi viz front sights to keep them in place, from what I have seen of the video's)

  6. #6
    Campaign Veteran skidmark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    North Chesterfield VA
    Posts
    10,682
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezek View Post
    I know on the SR9 they are in fact.. NOT pinned, they are press fit. and can be removed and or moved where you need with a brass punch and a hammer. I believe the LC9 is the same

    since yours is loose, you could try some red Loctite when you get it where you want it should assist with keeping it in place. ( this is actually what they use with replacement hi viz front sights to keep them in place, from what I have seen of the video's)
    You are correct and I was much less correct. Being a wheelgunner my mind automatically read LCR.

    stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

    Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

    "No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    missouri
    Posts
    497
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    You are correct and I was much less correct. Being a wheelgunner my mind automatically read LCR.

    stay safe.
    for some reason the whole megamind scene when he comes back after getting dumped by Roxanne Richie just played in my head..

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •