Thread: Campus Carry Arrest at Xavier

Campus Carry Arrest at Xavier

http://www.fox19.com/story/29413109/...ims-visitation

BB62 and COL, you going to go to his defense? And yes, that's a serious question. I don't see how he could have been arrested for that charge at all.

According to the Clerk's website they are really handing it to this guy....

http://courtclerk.org/case_summary.a...C/15/CRA/16535

$250,000 straight bond on an F5? I've seen F3s get out with a lot less than that, and I mean a TON less. The only other criminal history this guy has locally is unlawful sexual conduct with a minor (M1). That could be anything but seeing it was reduced to an M1 and he's not a sex offender, I'm thinking boyfriend/girlfriend with age difference over 4 years.

I will say what he did I think was stupid (due to the timing of it), and he most likely did commit a crime, but he did not commit the crime he was arrested for, charged with, and being held in jail on right now. I've read conflicting statements if Xavier is posted or not, but if it was, wouldn't it still only be civil trespass since all of this occurred in a parking lot? Other articles say the handgun was loaded, so I'm thinking if he violated anything he violated 2923.12, just normal everyday CCW assuming he didn't have a license.
    Last edited by JediSkipdogg; 06-26-2015 at 03:37 PM.

url for the clerk's record comes back as 404, even when copied in full (without the ellipses).

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    url for the clerk's record comes back as 404, even when copied in full (without the ellipses).

stay safe.
    Works for me when I just clicked on it.

Accomplished Advocate color of law's Avatar
    Before me personally came Det. Joe Ruchti P736 (Cincinnati PD) who, being duly sworn according to law, states that on or about
    on or about the 25th day of June, 2015, at Cincinnati, Ohio, Kamaron Lyshe, did** On 6/25/15 at approximately 1550 hours Kamaron Lyshe transported a fIrearm onto the property of Xavier University, against posted signage. Lyshe was observed by the affiant and Special Agent Frank Occhipinti (ATF) exit the driver's seat of his vehicle, open the rear driver's side door to retrieve a fIrearm which he subsequently placed in his waistb while concealing his body in the rear driver's side door jamb from a passing marked patrol car. Lyshe then returned to the drivers seat and remained in the vehicle. The affiant then requested CPD Response team PO Dan Brockman and PO Matt Waters respond to initiate a terry stop based on the affiant's observations .. A loaded Ruger Handgun was recovered from Lyshe's person by PO Brockman. Norwood PD also responded to intiate an investigation due to the offense occurring within the Norwood City limits. This offense occurred on Xavier University's property during the funeral of Cincinnati PD Police Officer Sonny Kim.

Location of offense 3658 Herald Ave, Norwood Ohio 45212
    Sounds fishy.
    Last edited by color of law; 07-03-2015 at 10:11 AM. Reason: Fixed date and time

Concealing his body behind a vehicle door jam... a two, maybe two and a half inch door jam... that's one skinny dude to pull that off.

Fishy indeed.
    "A Right Un-exercised is a Right Lost"

"According to the law, [openly carrying] in a vehicle is against the law if the weapon is concealed" -Flamethrower (think about it....)

Carrying an XDm 9mm with Hornady Critical Defense hollowpoint. Soon to be carrying a Ruger along with it....

The Xavier campus is a 'school safety zone'?
    The only people who should fear, good guys with guns, are bad guys...criminals and politicians included.
    No, I am not a policeman. I am a mercenary praying for peace on Earth.

Quote Originally Posted by Suckerspawn View Post
    The Xavier campus is a 'school safety zone'?
    No, School safety zone applies to K-12 only. Colleges do not fall anywhere under 2923.122.

Quote Originally Posted by JediSkipdogg View Post
    No, School safety zone applies to K-12 only. Colleges do not fall anywhere under 2923.122.
    If that is accurate then it should be a slam dunk dismissal of Count 1 of the charges on the charging sheet you posted:

Count 1: ILLEGAL CONVEYANCE OR POSSESSION OF A DEADLY WEAPON OR DANGEROUS ORDNANCE IN A SCHOOL SAFETY ZONE 2923-122A ORCN
    Count 2: CARRYING CONCEALED WEAPONS 2923-12A2 ORCN
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    $250,000 bond for not breaking the law? What could possibly be wrong here?
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

As I said this case is fishy. The guy is 25. Other than traffic violations, at age 18 was guilty of UNLAWFUL SEXUAL CONDUCT, a misdemeanor.

Regular Member rightwinglibertarian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by color of law View Post
    As I said this case is fishy. The guy is 25. Other than traffic violations, at age 18 was guilty of UNLAWFUL SEXUAL CONDUCT, a misdemeanor.
    This is why I hate mainstream media. The spin makes me sick. I don't care what he did in 2009. Point is he was assaulted and kidnapped for exercising his rights and i'm betting the judge will uphold the illegal so called law banning firearms on campus. Sounds to me like we need several thousand to converge on that location and OC. United we stand, together we fall
    "Which part of shall not be infringed is so difficult to understand"?

"Any and all restrictions on the bearing of arms in public places are nullified as per the Second Amendment"

Conservative Broadcast || Google Plus profile

Quote Originally Posted by deepdiver View Post
    If that is accurate then it should be a slam dunk dismissal of Count 1 of the charges on the charging sheet you posted:

Count 1: ILLEGAL CONVEYANCE OR POSSESSION OF A DEADLY WEAPON OR DANGEROUS ORDNANCE IN A SCHOOL SAFETY ZONE 2923-122A ORCN
    Count 2: CARRYING CONCEALED WEAPONS 2923-12A2 ORCN
    The second count is new, presumably coming out to the grand jury. If there is sufficient evidence that the handgun was concealed, then Lyshe has a problem:

"A valid concealed handgun license *** does not authorize the licensee to carry a concealed handgun into any *** premises owned or leased by any public or private college, university, or other institution of higher education, unless the handgun is in a locked motor vehicle or the licensee is in the immediate process of placing the handgun in a locked motor vehicle[.]" R.C. 2923.126(B)(5).
    Open carry is a First Amendment exercise.

Quote Originally Posted by Werz View Post
    The second count is new, presumably coming out to the grand jury. If there is sufficient evidence that the handgun was concealed, then Lyshe has a problem:
    Yes, second count came from grand jury.

Interesting that the first charge made it through grand jury. The second charge doesn't surprise me but I would think that would be hard to prosecute since he stayed at the vehicle. Therefore his defense can be he was in the process of locking it up in the front of the vehicle.

Interesting that the first charge made it through grand jury. The second charge doesn't surprise me but I would think that would be hard to prosecute since he stayed at the vehicle. Therefore his defense can be he was in the process of locking it up in the front of the vehicle.
    Not if he does not have a CCL.

I see fruit of the poisonous tree. I don't see that the cops had any reasonable suspicion of a crime about to be committed.

Quote Originally Posted by color of law View Post
    Not if he does not have a CCL.

I see fruit of the poisonous tree. I don't see that the cops had any reasonable suspicion of a crime about to be committed.

Another news article advised he did he have a CHL. However, the indictment does not seem to mention that and acts as if he didn't. So I'm wondering if it was suspended.

Another news article advised he did he have a CHL. However, the indictment does not seem to mention that and acts as if he didn't. So I'm wondering if it was suspended.
    If that's true (CHL) that adds to this case as having a foul odor, fishy.

I have personal experience with Cincinnati prosecutors. They have no values. They will lie to the court and they don't care. They will sell their soul to the devil for a win. And the worse part is the court will not sanction them when caught.

The possession of a concealed handgun license is an affirmative defense. Lack of a concealed handgun license is not an element of the offense, so there is no reason to mention it in the indictment.
    Open carry is a First Amendment exercise.

Any updates on this case?

Haven't heard a thing in the last few weeks pirateguy.

He filed a motion on the outrageous bond in that he only has one misdemeanor conviction and more serious crimes and serious repeat criminals have lower bonds that he got. So they reduced the bond from $250,000 Straight to $5000 @ 10%. So someone posted his $500 bond and he's out.

Currently set for a plea or trial setting on 8/10 but it could be continued before or during that.