Thread: A little Help Please..

Cudahy, Wisconsin, USA

A little Help Please..

Can i leave my Side Arm in my car while park in va parking lot ???

Thru Death's Door in Wisconsin
    "VA regulations 38 CFR 1.218 prohibit the carrying of firearms (either openly or concealed), explosives or other dangerous or deadly weapons while on VA property, except for official purposes, such as military funeral honors. Possession of firearms on any property under the charge and control of VA is prohibited. Offenders may be subject to a fine, removal from the premises, or arrest."

CFR Title 38 1.218 Security and law enforcement at VA facilities.
    (a) Authority and rules of conduct. Pursuant to 38 U.S.C. 901, the following rules and regulations apply at all property under the charge and control of VA (and not under the charge and control of the General Services Administration) and to all persons entering in or on such property. The head of the facility is charged with the responsibility for the enforcement of these rules and regulations and shall cause these rules and regulations to be posted in a conspicuous place on the property.
    [ ... ]
    (13) Weapons and explosives. No person while on property shall carry firearms, other dangerous or deadly weapons, or explosives, either openly or concealed, except for official purposes.

38 U.S. Code 901 - Authority to prescribe rules for conduct and penalties for violations
    (1) The Secretary shall prescribe regulations to provide for the maintenance of law and order and the protection of persons and property on Department property.
    (2) In this chapter, the term “Department property” means land and buildings that are under the jurisdiction of the Department and are not under control of the Administrator of General Services.
    (b) Regulations under subsection (a) shall include—
    (1) rules for conduct on Department property; and
    (2) the penalties, within the limits specified in subsection (c), for violations of such rules.
    (c) Whoever violates any rule prescribed by regulation under subsection (b)(1) shall be fined in accordance with title 18 or imprisoned not more than six months, or both. The Secretary may prescribe by regulation a maximum fine less than that which would otherwise apply under the preceding sentence or a maximum term of imprisonment of a shorter period than that which would otherwise apply under the preceding sentence, or both. Any such regulation shall apply notwithstanding any provision of title 18 or any other law to the contrary.

Accept the federal camel's nose and the humping will soon follow.
    Last edited by Nightmare; 06-28-2015 at 05:48 AM.
    If TRUMP 2016 loses then I will shrug off my WHITE MAN'S BURDEN and leave the world to the Dindus and Done Nuffins. Read and understand Ayn Rand's Atlas Shrugged as a prescription for the future. TRUMP 2016

popple butte
    Quote Originally Posted by range rat View Post
    Can i leave my Side Arm in my car while park in va parking lot ???
    Appointment letter from the VAMC contains the following paragraph

Federal law prohibits weapons on VA property. This includes having weapons in vehicles parked here. Conceal and carry permit holders are also not allowed to bring weapons to the VA. Our police will confiscate any weapons found on VA property.

Bellingham, Wa. city of Subdued Excitement
    I travel to the VA regularly because my health status is not very good. I also OC every day, all day. When I travel to the VA I leave the weapon locked up, and retain the holster. On only one occasion, another patient turned me in for carrying a firearm.When I came out of my hearing exam, their was a bloody swat team waiting. Three in full body armor and two uniforms in tacticool. I was thoroughly searched and had a knife with a three inch blade confiscated. To ensure my disdain for the act, I offered up two more knives the thorough search missed. They demanded my weapon, I told them we would have to drive to my house to get it off the night table. They declined. They also mailed my little knives to me later.

I do not advocate breaking the law. I do support testing the boundaries. No one gets arrested (so far) for an empty holster. And, YES, I still wear the holster every time I go to the VA. If they complain, put your cell phone in it.
    Last edited by MSG Laigaie; 07-14-2015 at 11:21 AM.

"Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington