• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

A little Help Please..

Franky

Can i leave my Side Arm in my car while park in va parking lot ???

Appointment letter from the VAMC contains the following paragraph

Federal law prohibits weapons on VA property. This includes having weapons in vehicles parked here. Conceal and carry permit holders are also not allowed to bring weapons to the VA. Our police will confiscate any weapons found on VA property.

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
I travel to the VA regularly because my health status is not very good. I also OC every day, all day. When I travel to the VA I leave the weapon locked up, and retain the holster. On only one occasion, another patient turned me in for carrying a firearm.When I came out of my hearing exam, their was a bloody swat team waiting. Three in full body armor and two uniforms in tacticool. I was thoroughly searched and had a knife with a three inch blade confiscated. To ensure my disdain for the act, I offered up two more knives the thorough search missed. They demanded my weapon, I told them we would have to drive to my house to get it off the night table. They declined. They also mailed my little knives to me later.

I do not advocate breaking the law. I do support testing the boundaries. No one gets arrested (so far) for an empty holster. And, YES, I still wear the holster every time I go to the VA. If they complain, put your cell phone in it.

Last edited: