• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Latest SCOTUS decisions brings Reciprocity?

solus

There is no federal law that bans carry of firearms in CDL vehicles, or any law in NC, BUT so many of the places are posted or off limits to firearms that a driver must service it makes it damn hard to carry legally in those places.

One of the highest paid runs I had was for the military, containers, tank tracks, and vehicles. It is illegal to take a firearm on any military base.

i concede...and learned sumthin in the process...

http://askthetrucker.com/cdl-federal-gun-law/

thanks WW..

ipse

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
i concede...and learned sumthin in the process...

http://askthetrucker.com/cdl-federal-gun-law/

thanks WW..

ipse
No concession needed, that is a bonus that is awarded to those that keep their mind open and receptive.
icon14.png

WalkingWolf

I am not trying to state - "hey, lookie here -- we all have reciprocity!" I thought it was very interesting information and thought that "if" this is the case, "WOW - what a historic day indeed!" I thought that people may appreciate hearing this news, whether accurate, fiction, embellished or not. But, instead, people seem to want call me out as if "I" am the author of this article and this is my statement of fact...

Why is it that people on this group seem to take "opposite" stance on so many posts? We are all on the same team -- how about we work together as one stop acting like step brothers: --moderator deleted--

Actually that is exactly what you did when I questioned the author's motives. This is a snip from your response.

My North Carolina concealed carry permit, for example, was recognized yesterday as being valid in 36 states, which just so happened to be the number of states in which gay marriage was legal yesterday. But 14 states did not recognize my concealed carry permit yesterday.

HeesBonafide

That wasn't me

Actually that is exactly what you did when I questioned the author's motives. This is a snip from your response.

My North Carolina concealed carry permit, for example, was recognized yesterday as being valid in 36 states, which just so happened to be the number of states in which gay marriage was legal yesterday. But 14 states did not recognize my concealed carry permit yesterday.

Ahh.. that explains a lot.

That wasn't me that was stating that...that was the author of the article who stated that. That is why I used, "quotes" in my post, to try to show the conversation of what someone else wrote versus my comment.

I hope that this clears up any possible confusion.

btw, I don't live in NC either...

Alpine

Actually I think it's more likely for unlicensed open carry to eventually become nationalized. The fed circuit court in Colorado, if I recall correctly, stated that OC is inherent to the 2nd Amendment.
"In sum, openly carrying a firearm outside the home is a liberty protected by the
Second Amendment."—Judge Richard P. Matsch

In the recent 9th circuit court ruling I think one of the court's statements were that CA had banned open carry and with the super stingy "may issue" was effectively banning conceal carry, so because of 2A they had to offer SOME kind of carry.

Indeed it is impossible to read through the 2A and not realize the word "bear" refers to carry. My bet is eventually the SCOTUS might rule that unlicensed OC is federally protected everywhere but CC would still require licenses or be allowed to be banned as long as OC was allowed.

solus

some use the words quote or unquote to signify the words belong to someone else cuz those litttttttle marks are tough to see ~ especially when you are olde like WW - huh!!

just saying..

ipse

WalkingWolf

some use the words quote or unquote to signify the words belong to someone else cuz those litttttttle marks are tough to see ~ especially when you are olde like WW - huh!!

just saying..

ipse

I found it hard, and confusing of where he was quoting, and using his own words. The phrase I pulled was not quoted, and there were spaces between each quote, that leaves a big hole. It is simple when doing a quote in that manner use quotations at every paragraph, or where each line is spaced. Or use the italics feature we are accustomed to. The OP also had the option to put a disclaimer, as others as well as myself have done, when being a messenger.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Lord help you if you forget to Quote or (") even when you show the source w/explanation - someone will accuse you of plagiarism, stealing what belongs to someone else.

Did I say even w/cite source and after explanation? Yep, sure did.

That came home to me. Did it bother me? Nope, not one scintilla.

WalkingWolf

Lord help you if you forget to Quote or (") even when you show the source w/explanation - someone will accuse you of plagiarism, stealing what belongs to someone else.

Did I say even w/cite source and after explanation? Yep, sure did.

That came home to me. Did it bother me? Nope, not one scintilla.

When you were accused it was downright silly, it is not as if a (") was forgotten in this case, it was misleading, though probably not intentional. To get a message across clearly, it should start out clear to begin with.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
When you were accused it was downright silly, it is not as if a (") was forgotten in this case, it was misleading, though probably not intentional. To get a message across clearly, it should start out clear to begin with.
If I remember correctly I gave a double cite. Was quoting from a VCDL Va-Alert and showed the original source.

There are a few that like to try and snipe me, but the flash gives away their position :lol:

KBCraig

SCOTUS has ruled that marriage is a fundamental right at least 14 times, dating back to 1888. The Obergefell case recognized that case history and properly applied the 14th Amendment to make sure that fundamental right applies to all, without discrimination.

We should have the same kind of case law for 2A, but we don't... if we did, we wouldn't have NFA'34, GCA'68, or any other federal gun control. Not to mention, most state gun control would be invalidated.

Freedom1Man

SCOTUS has ruled that marriage is a fundamental right at least 14 times, dating back to 1888. The Obergefell case recognized that case history and properly applied the 14th Amendment to make sure that fundamental right applies to all, without discrimination.

We should have the same kind of case law for 2A, but we don't... if we did, we wouldn't have NFA'34, GCA'68, or any other federal gun control. Not to mention, most state gun control would be invalidated.

How can it be a right if it requires a license?