• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Seafair 4th of July @ Gasworks Park - No Firearms.

Mainsail

I asked about the No Firearms statement on their website:

Hello,

Seafair is granted an Exclusive Use Permit for the Seafair Summer Fourth Fireworks Celebration in Gas Works Park by the City of Seattle Parks and Recreation Department. This exclusive use permit is within the fenced perimeter of the Park, and authorizes Seafair to mandate rules that maximizes safety at the event. This includes conducting a bag search at the gates and enforcing our No Weapons rule.

Our exclusive use permit creates a private venue format similar to a stadium or concert venue, allowing Seafair to set rules for the safety of the attendees. These rules were generated through collaborative input from Seattle Parks, Seattle Police, Seattle Fire, and Seafair.

Seafair’s top priority is to provide Seattle residents and visitors with great entertainment in a safe environment. We hope you will join us at the Seafair Summer Fourth, however no weapons will be allowed in the Park.

Thank you for your inquiry.

2200 Sixth Ave., Suite 400 | Seattle, WA 9812

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Selling your liberty and maybe your life for the proverbial 20 pieces of silver.

Safe environment ? ? Suure, criminals follow the rules, right?

Gun free zones = fish in a barrel if the SHTF.

Alpine

Aren't certain types of fireworks considered firearms under state law? There are some really elaborate ones...

Will every inch of the park be fenced off? What will they do to law abiding citizens standing right outside the fenced portions?

Last edited:

slapmonkay

Campaign Veteran
The only comment I have is a 'Use Permit' is not a Lease or Rental agreement, I would be curious the text of the permit.

Mainsail

EMNofSeattle

I would be curious as to how they're going to enforce that, that's not a controlled event, it's an open event where anyone can walk in, do they claim a right to push trespassing charges?

Really Carry on, this is an illegal action on their part.