• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

LA weighs rules to lock up handguns, police union wants exemptions

lockman

State Researcher
I thought Heller put that to rest.
I suppose what the definition of "use" comes into play.

My doors have locks does that count?

Last edited:

falcon1

This is exactly what McDonald said was a no-go, but given SCOTUS' new jurisprudence, I expect Heller and McDonald to be reversed fairly quickly. That may indeed be why SCOTUS refused to grant certiorari in Jackson v. San Francisco recently. SCOTUS isn't ready to reverse...just yet.

I hope I am wrong, but fear I am not....

Maverick9

Councilwoman Nury Martinez told the newspaper she thought guns should always be locked.

“Whether you are a retired police officer or an on-duty police officer, I just think it’s the responsible thing to do – to lock your firearm at home,” she said.

Out of the mouth of babes? Lots less shootings and law suits, that's for sure.