• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Sgt. Green camera footage

stealthyeliminator

Bodycam footage from Palestine Police Sgt. Gabriel Green during the shooting of James Bushey on May 31, 2015

First of all, let's get this out of the way: what is the purpose of this thread? I think it is a learning opportunity. I don't know specifically what all lessons may be gleaned from it, that's what you guys are for. I'm shocked at the events (I guess I shouldn't be) and I'm sad for the loss of life. I personally have no intention of discussing justification in this thread. Only what we can take away to better prepare ourselves to preserve innocent life in the future.

https://youtu.be/0V9AOsWQzpc

Firearms Iinstuctor

Interesting if one stops the action one can see the lazer dot during the different shots. A really piss poor draw by the Bad guy.

4 seconds from BG drawing to first shot 4 seconds to last shot 8 seconds total

Last edited:

JoeSparky

Centurion
Certainly an UNWISE choice by the person police had informed was a suspect in a crime. Not the type of action that should be supported by this forum in keeping with its goal of LAWFUL Carry and obeying the law!

stealthyeliminator

Clearly a gun, clearly time to identify the threat, yet all so fast.

Yet all so fast... Yes. I have read about how short gun fights typically are, but reading a number of seconds on a page and seeing one go down in first person view - it's so different and eye opening. I had an adrenaline rush just watching the video, I can only imagine being in the scenario. Hopefully it never happens, but I think if nothing else this video serves as a push for me to train more. Of course I'll never be confronting suspects, but of course no one here needs to be told that crime can happen anywhere and any time.

Last edited:

twoskinsonemanns

I guess we can learn that police are very efficient at killing. Most understand that though.
I think the majority of folks already know that if you point a BB gun at cops they are going to kill you.
I suspect he knowingly chose to die rather than go to jail.
I can see no fault with any actions by the cops in this vid.

Last edited:

sudden valley gunner

Yet all so fast... Yes. I have read about how short gun fights typically are, but reading a number of seconds on a page and seeing one go down in first person view - it's so different and eye opening. I had an adrenaline rush just watching the video, I can only imagine being in the scenario. Hopefully it never happens, but I think if nothing else this video serves as a push for me to train more. Of course I'll never be confronting suspects, but of course no one here needs to be told that crime can happen anywhere and any time.
Yea definitely a good reminder on the training. Too bad someone force others to defend with lethal force. The harm isn't just done to the bad guy....the shooters must live with this for as long as they live.

Logan 5

Justified use of deadly force. A man is actually willing to go down like that? For...theft????
Talk about S.T.U.P.I.D.

I hope and pray the two officers are able to handle the psychological trauma such an event brings.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Definitely an adrenaline rush - damn shame it went down that way, but find no fault with the response.

WalkingWolf

Clearly justified, just have to wonder what was going through his very drunk mind. A BB gun? Really? I hate to say something bad about the dead, but how incredibly stupid.