Thread: Former CNN correspondent, anchor Lynne Russell survives motel gunfight

Former CNN correspondent, anchor Lynne Russell survives ALBQE motel gunfight

Russell said her husband was hit three times. He underwent surgery at University of New Mexico Hospital and is expected to be there for a few days while he recovers. Officers found the other man in the parking lot. He died at the scene.

http://www.koat.com/news/albuquerque...g/33899308?xnl

Details
    http://www.abqjournal.com/606613/new...-at-motel.html

https://news.google.com/news/rtc?ncl...xVXFm_ZTPtPIzM 160 Articles ATM
    Last edited by Nightmare; 07-02-2015 at 06:32 AM.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Wow a former reporter for CNN that carries. Good for them, sucks for the bad guy.
    It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    Wow a former reporter for CNN that carries. Good for them, sucks for the bad guy.
    +1
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    Do we know her position on self-defense rights for everybody else? I ask because back in the '90's or so, a vocal anti-gunner shot an intruder in DC. It was OK for him to have a gun, but nobody else could be trusted to own a gun.
    Last edited by Citizen; 07-02-2015 at 09:09 PM.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    Do we know her position on self-defense rights for everybody else? I ask because back in the '90's or so, a vocal anti-gunner shot an intruder in DC. It was OK for him to have a gun, but nobody else could be trusted to own a gun.
    The articles are being very clear that the husband had special forces training, as if that's a prerequisite. But in reality, he got lucky.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post
    The articles are being very clear that the husband had special forces training, as if that's a prerequisite. But in reality, he got lucky.
    Oh, yes. The average Joe or Jane couldn't possibly defend themselves with a gun. If someone uses a gun defensively, in the mind of the media, he or she must have had some special previous training. /sarcasm.

Its just too alien to the media for an average person to use a gun defensively--it has to be "explained."
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Regular Member twoskinsonemanns's Avatar
    I am very curious as to the details of him arming between the shower and the gun fight. I have been called "paranoid" for resting my gun on the back of the toilet (arms reach) when showering.
    "I support the ban on assault weapons" - Donald Trump

We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission - Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by twoskinsonemanns View Post
    I am very curious as to the details of him arming between the shower and the gun fight. I have been called "paranoid" for resting my gun on the back of the toilet (arms reach) when showering.
    Working from memory - she slipped her gun into her purse and then passed the purse to him with a comment/hint along the lines of "See if there's anything in there we should give him".

Prior to that he was armed with a Motel 6 bath towel (what the res of the world calls a face cloth).

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

CNN correspondents might be called One Percenters. That's how we One Percenters become 'wealthy', by frugalities such as staying at Motel-6 rather than buying Mega Motorized Mansions for the road.

Milady Wife and I have recognized that we can afford to up-grade our travel accommodations considerably by not purchasing an OTR diesel MMM.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

There is a lot of un answered questions about this what was in the brief case the guy wanted so badly.

Why would one answer the door with out being armed.

They were both supposedly trained why wouldn't the woman just not shoot the bad guy instead of putting the gun in her purse.

I personally find the over all circumstances some what suspicious.
    Personal Defensive Solutions professional personal firearms, edge weapons and hands on defensive training and tactics pdsolutions@hotmail.com

Any and all spelling errors are just to give the spelling Nazis something to do

On Thursday, however, police spokesman Tanner Tixier said it was being investigated as a homicide. http://www.thestarphoenix.com/anchor...956/story.html

there seems to be significant discrepancies in the accounts being reported.

hummm

ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by solus View Post
    On Thursday, however, police spokesman Tanner Tixier said it was being investigated as a homicide...
    Strictly speaking, a "homicide" is one person killing another, justifiable or not.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Quote Originally Posted by twoskinsonemanns View Post
    When staying in hotels, motels, motor hotels, inns, and the like, I have been known to have a S&W J-frame in a zip-lock baggie in the shower with me. You don't have to open the baggie...
    "If the truth hurts, it should." - Dad

" A year from now, ten, they'll swing back to the belief that they can make people... better. And I do not hold to that. So no more running. I aim to misbehave." - Malcolm Reynolds, Serenity

"The cheaper the crook, the gaudier the patter." - Sam Spade, The Maltese Falcon