• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The Safariland GLS holster

Bill45

A few months ago I switched from using the Serpa holster to the Safariland GLS. I have found it more natural mechanism to use and so far after hundreds of pratice draws it is functioning perfect.

Does anyone else use this brand of retention holster?
Anyone notice or heard of any problems or concerns?

I use it with a Ruger SR45.

scooter348

I use the Safariland GLS with my Beretta 92 FS and I love it. I decided on the GLS over the SERPA mainly because many gun courses have banned the SERPA. I haven't regretted my decision.

Bill45

I used the Serpa for several years with my Colt Comm. Commander but I never got really comfortable with that holster.
I would prefer to continue to use my Colt but the GLS is not made for the 1911 series of pistols, which I find very odd. Is there something about he mechanism of the 1911 that the GLS will not work with?
I love the Ruger SR45 but still find the 1911 a better fit to my hand.

Momokahn

I've had Serpa's for years and like them a lot. Decided to try a GLS a couple of months ago. Wore it over the entire weekend and returned it to the LGS the next Monday. I just didn't like it. I wasn't trying to replace my Serpa holsters due to the Tex Grebner now famous "Watch me Shoot Myself". I like trying new items to see if it is a better fit. The GLS just didn't fulfill it for me. YMMV.

jackrockblc

I've had Serpa's for years and like them a lot. Decided to try a GLS a couple of months ago. Wore it over the entire weekend and returned it to the LGS the next Monday. I just didn't like it. I wasn't trying to replace my Serpa holsters due to the Tex Grebner now famous "Watch me Shoot Myself". I like trying new items to see if it is a better fit. The GLS just didn't fulfill it for me. YMMV.

So far, my Serpa is the only holster I've ever worn (well, with something that wasn't a cap gun). I have had no complaints other than that it rides very far away from my pudge rolls. In fact, that's the only reason I'm looking at the ALS series. I considered the GLS series, but the placement of the unlocking button is just....wrong...to me. I am still looking at High Noon and Long's Shadow Holsters (a local company to me).

Kennydale

Coming to TX Jan 01. A friend loaned me Serpa for FS Glock to tryout. It's OK but not crazy about the unlocking device. Looking at Safariland ALS. Think I like the thumb break better.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk