• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Near East Side of St. Paul

Dan n St Paul

Wow, it's been a while since I've been over in my old stomping grounds on the East Side but I think that I know the diner if it's the one that is on the south side of W7th just a few doors west of Arcade? We used to go there for breakfast on Sunday mornings quite often. Quite tasty, large portions and very fair prices. Do you think that is that the same place/location? There also used to be a Clark's Submarine Sandwich joint on that corner but it was on the NE corner--man they put Subway and Jimmy Johns to shame but for whatever reason, that small chain's been gone for a long long time.

First post under my belt. Not much more there yet. I am just beginning the process of getting a carry permit in Minnesota. I've spent time around mainly long guns but I am looking forward to getting all of my ducks in a row to get the whole buying/training/certified/application process to hopefully go smoothly. I'm really hoping that I am able to convince my wife that it is not only a good idea for me but for her too. But maybe that'll come after she sees how the process works out for me.

Anyway, looking forward to this MN forum and some of the others too. Such a wealth of information here. I am very glad that my search brought me to this site!

Best wishes.
Dan