Thread: Right up User's alley: Gym changes carry policy after you sign contract

Most historic town in, Virginia, USA

Right up User's alley: Gym changes carry policy after you sign contract

Folks on the VCDL Facebook group page are reporting that Gold's gym in Charlottesville has implemented a corporate-directed gun ban. Of course, if you are a member under contract... this leaves you in a bit of a predicament.

I know User has commented on this sort of thing from time to time, perhaps VCDL can get involved. If they can spread the word and get enough people to demand to be released from their contracts, perhaps management will come to its senses.

Northern Piedmont of Virginia
    It all depends on what the contract says. If someone were to email me a PDF copy of the contract, I'd be happy to look at it. A copy of any documentation regarding the policy would be good as well.
    Daniel L. Hawes - 540 347 2430 - HTTP://

By the way, nothing I say on this website as "user" should be taken as either advertising for attorney services or legal advice, merely personal opinion. Everyone having a question regarding the application of law to the facts of their situation should seek the advice of an attorney competent in the subject matter of the issues presented and licensed to practice in the relevant state.

Quote Originally Posted by user View Post
    It all depends on what the contract says. ...
    This. The gym wrote the contract. Most "customers" sign it without reading it. Many corporations have standard language that certain terms are subject to change, without notice even sometimes, and you may have signed off that this was okay with you.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip