• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Right up User's alley: Gym changes carry policy after you sign contract

TFred

Folks on the VCDL Facebook group page are reporting that Gold's gym in Charlottesville has implemented a corporate-directed gun ban. Of course, if you are a member under contract... this leaves you in a bit of a predicament.

I know User has commented on this sort of thing from time to time, perhaps VCDL can get involved. If they can spread the word and get enough people to demand to be released from their contracts, perhaps management will come to its senses.

TFred

user

Accomplished Advocate
It all depends on what the contract says. If someone were to email me a PDF copy of the contract, I'd be happy to look at it. A copy of any documentation regarding the policy would be good as well.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
It all depends on what the contract says. ...

This. The gym wrote the contract. Most "customers" sign it without reading it. Many corporations have standard language that certain terms are subject to change, without notice even sometimes, and you may have signed off that this was okay with you.