Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Second Amendment saved our lives." Lynne Russell, former CNN anchor

"Second Amendment saved our lives." Lynne Russell, former CNN anchor

The couple has been long time supporters of the Second Amendment and believe the decision to bear arms should be an individual one.

“If you don’t want to carry please don’t. Then, shut the [expletive] up about it. Make your own decisions,” Ms. Russell told Fox News.

She said the government should pass a blanket gun control law that states, “If you committed a violent crime you can’t get a gun permit. Simple law.”
    http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...d-amendment-s/
    Ex-CNNer Lynne Russell's husband kills robber in shootout

Lynne Russell thanks the right to keep and bear arms for keeping her and her husband alive during an armed robbery on June 30th. The former CNN anchor and Chuck de Caro, formerly a CNN reporter, were held at gun point in an Albuquerque Motel 6 room by felon Tomorio Walton.

What ensued was a stand-off that left Walton dead and de Caro shot three times. Russell was not injured in the shootout.

Russell told FOX411 that having a gun “absolutely” saved their lives.

“The discussion over the debate to own a gun is just ridiculous. As Americans we have the right to bear arms and as humans the right to protect ourselves. I’m sure that the man who shot my husband did not have a gun permit. Criminals will always have guns. The rest of us legally obtain our gun permits.”

Russell and de Caro have been long time advocates for carrying guns legally. The author of “Hell on Heels” explains the decision should be an individual one, and those who do not want to carry should not weigh in on the gun control conversation.
    http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment...saved-my-life/

https://news.google.com/news/rtc?ncl...xtduAm5MvR57BM

A bit of media reading will show that Lynne has an F-bomb potty mouth.
    Last edited by Nightmare; 07-06-2015 at 06:56 PM.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    A bit of media reading will show that Lynne has an F-bomb potty mouth
    And your point is?

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

OOOOOOO; me likes!!!!

That mouth is still rocking the Lynne Russell Red lipstick, and me likey!

My only disappointment is finding that Lynne and her husband were staying at a Motel 6.

Quote Originally Posted by KBCraig View Post
    That mouth is still rocking the Lynne Russell Red lipstick, and me likey! My only disappointment is finding that Lynne and her husband were staying at a Motel 6.
    Why is that a disappointment, please?

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    And your point is?

stay safe.

Your really couldn't understand that as a warning of bad language before reading?
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Sorry Ms. the 2A didn't save you. You saved yourself words on a paper did nothing for you.

"Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their

Motel 6 allows pets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “Men live without other security than what their own strength and their own invention shall furnish them"
    -Thomas Hobbes 1651

Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    Your really couldn't understand that as a warning of bad language before reading?
    No, actually I could not. I need basic, straight-forward stuff like "NSFW" as opposed to a comment that may be referring to the article or to the person's behavior in general.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    No, actually I could not. I need basic, straight-forward stuff like "NSFW" as opposed to a comment that may be referring to the article or to the person's behavior in general.

stay safe.

Ok. That explains a lot then.

Ok. That explains a lot then.
    LOL Hence "stay safe" implies an exclusive or - XOR - excluding the possibility of both.
    Last edited by Nightmare; 07-08-2015 at 07:15 AM.

Sorry Ms. the 2A didn't save you. You saved yourself words on a paper did nothing for you.
    I thought maybe a well regulated militia came to the rescue.

Quote Originally Posted by beebobby View Post
    You do know that the right of the people to KBA is not dependent on the militia cause.......simple sentence structure.

You do know that the right of the people to KBA is not dependent on the militia cause.......simple sentence structure.
    I know that the two clauses of the Amendment are separated by a comma, which means that they are to be read in pari materia (together as one complete thought). In that case, you've got it backward. What you call a "dependent" clause in the Amendment is what, in statutory construction, is known as the "qualifying" clause. In reality the qualifying clause renders what follows the REAL dependent or subordinate clause. The only reasonable interpretation of the Amendment is clearly that gun possession by "the people," not just "people" does not apply for hunting, sport shooting...or even personal defense -which should be the subject of local or national legislation - since those uses are not even suggested, let alone mentioned outright. The Second Amendment is clearly and unequivocally for the purpose of maintaining an organized militia for "state" defense - presumably from invasion or insurrection.

I know that the two clauses of the Amendment are separated by a comma, which means that they are to be read in pari materia (together as one complete thought). In that case, you've got it backward. What you call a "dependent" clause in the Amendment is what, in statutory construction, is known as the "qualifying" clause. In reality the qualifying clause renders what follows the REAL dependent or subordinate clause. The only reasonable interpretation of the Amendment is clearly that gun possession by "the people," not just "people" does not apply for hunting, sport shooting...or even personal defense -which should be the subject of local or national legislation - since those uses are not even suggested, let alone mentioned outright. The Second Amendment is clearly and unequivocally for the purpose of maintaining an organized militia for "state" defense - presumably from invasion or insurrection.

Easily proved wrong by substituting different words.

Well trained educators are necessary for a knowledgeable state, the right of the people to keep and read books is not to be infringed.

No one would claim the right to keep and read books is dependent upon their being teachers.

You are right it isn't about hunting, or self defense from other mundanes.

Liberal pretzel logic, derived from the ACLU law library.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Easily proved wrong by substituting different words.

Well trained educators are necessary for a knowledgeable state, the right of the people to keep and read books is not to be infringed.

No one would claim the right to keep and read books is dependent upon their being teachers.

You are right it isn't about hunting, or self defense from other mundanes.
    I wonder why they even referenced a militia in the amendment if it wasn't a key point. They could have left any mention of a well regulated militia out.
    Last edited by beebobby; 07-09-2015 at 10:06 AM.

I wonder why they even referenced a militia in the amendment if it wasn't a key point. They could have left any mention of a well regulated militia out.
    It emphasized how important it was, so that surely it wouldn't be poo-poo'd later. Oh well.

National defense can include defense against the daily scumbags that make the country less great to live in, too.

The Framers didn't anticipate this debate.
    Last edited by MAC702; 07-09-2015 at 03:42 PM.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post
    It emphasized how important it was, so that surely it wouldn't be poo-poo'd later. Oh well.

National defense can include defense against the daily scumbags that make the country less great to live in, too.

The framers didn't anticipate this debate.
    I'm sure they didn't anticipate the US having the most powerful standing military in history either. Would have kind of negated the need for any militias.

I'm sure they didn't anticipate the US having the most powerful standing military in history either. Would have kind of negated the need for any militias.
    No, a standing army has known locations and existing duties. The whole purpose of an armed citizenry is to be ready everywhere, any time.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post
    No, a standing army has known locations and existing duties. The whole purpose of an armed citizenry is to be ready everywhere, any time.
    Like the National Guard.

Like the National Guard.
    Seriously? The "National Guard" isn't even a measurable fraction of the effectiveness of an armed populace. And where is the "National Guard" half of the time? Deployed overseas...

You'd be better off debating the effectiveness of a standing "police" force.
    Last edited by MAC702; 07-09-2015 at 03:41 PM.

He's a liberal; don't expect understanding of simple English; he just parrots the communist party line.

Quote Originally Posted by F350 View Post
    He's a liberal; don't expect understanding of simple English; he just parrots the communist party line.
    Hey, I'm a hardcore capitalist! Liberals understand English just fine.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast