Thread: How NOT to open carry

How NOT to open carry

This act of sheer stupidity has my blood boiling, it is ass hats like this that ruin things for others. Now how many states will enact bans on open carry due to this? This gets tiring and makes me wonder if people do this on purpose to have open carry banned.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROrGo4TKMXY

Quote Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
    This act of sheer stupidity has my blood boiling, it is ass hats like this that ruin things for others. Now how many states will enact bans on open carry due to this? This gets tiring and makes me wonder if people do this on purpose to have open carry banned.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROrGo4TKMXY
    Which 'act' are you referring to?

They were carrying in compliance with STATE law. The police used a preempted city ordinance as I understand it, stop this protest march.

So they violated their 1A & 2A rights as I see it. Granted they could have carried slung on their backs for a better "appearance" , the police still would have wrongfully arrested them. Can't have black people carrying guns now can we.... Off sarcasm.

This was a case of CWB as I see it. Carrying while black.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "You must be the change you wish to see in the world" by Mahatma Gandhi

“Your beliefs become your thoughts. Your thoughts become your words. Your words become your actions. Your actions become your habits. Your habits become your values. Your values become your destiny.” by Mahatma Gandhi

PS - seen Pat lately???
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Your beliefs become your thoughts. Your thoughts become your words. Your words become your actions. Your actions become your habits. Your habits become your values. Your values become your destiny.” by Mahatma Gandhi

Is open carry legal or not in MI I don't believe it has to be carried on a sling.
    Personal Defensive Solutions professional personal firearms, edge weapons and hands on defensive training and tactics pdsolutions@hotmail.com

Any and all spelling errors are just to give the spelling Nazis something to do

From Open Carry Texas Face Book page:
    Speaking of the comments made in a local news story-

This statement is completely false and these men's rights were grossly violated. Loaded rifles are NOT illegal to carry in Texas. These is a San Antonio ordinance that violates state law, which makes the ordinance null and void. In fact, our members in San Antonio always carry loaded rifles.
    •••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••• ••••••••••••

"Some people participating in Saturday's march were carrying rifles, which is not illegal. However, two of the rifle-holders had bullets in their magazines, which is illegal. Two arrests were made, police said."
    March in memory of man shot by police ends in arrests
    Community members and friends of Marquise Jones, 23, took to the streets Saturday to remind the public of concerns about police violence
    www.ksat.com
    Comment

Why are we discussing long gun carry in a state that has handgun open carry?

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

How NOT to open carry

Not so fast skid! Not until January 1, 2016!!!!

http://www.opencarrytexas.org/faq.html
    Last edited by FreeInAZ; 07-07-2015 at 06:34 PM. Reason: Add bold

So this occurred in TX not in MI?

I really wish people posting these videos would provide appropriate context as to where and when these things occur. With the patchwork of state laws and constantly changing laws, not knowing where and when makes any analysis or informed discussion impossible.
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

How NOT to open carry

Quote Originally Posted by deepdiver View Post
    Snip - With the patchwork of state laws and constantly changing laws, not knowing where and when makes any analysis or informed discussion impossible .
    And maybe that's the point?
    Last edited by FreeInAZ; 07-07-2015 at 07:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FreeInAZ View Post
    And maybe that's the point?
    Perhaps. But one thing I love about OCDO is its demand for cites and provable facts. Low information types may get outraged by such videos but most of us here have learned (in great part just from being here for long enough) not to get our shorts in a bunch until we have all the facts. Prior to that it is just speculation and general discussion.
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by deepdiver View Post

I really wish people posting these videos would provide appropriate context as to where and when these things occur. With the patchwork of state laws and constantly changing laws, not knowing where and when makes any analysis or informed discussion impossible.
    Nice catch!
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Regular Member stealthyeliminator's Avatar
    Loved the guy's response to the question about who's in charge. "We're all in charge, we all make decisions" Beautiful expression of individuality.
    Advocate freedom please

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator View Post
    Loved the guy's response to the question about who's in charge. "We're all in charge, we all make decisions" Beautiful expression of individuality.
    I didn't watch it all, but in the opening seconds I saw enough muzzling of a friend and a bunch of cops to last me a lifetime. And with a hand on the pistol grip the whole time.