• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

How NOT to open carry

FreeInAZ

They were carrying in compliance with STATE law. The police used a preempted city ordinance as I understand it, stop this protest march.

So they violated their 1A & 2A rights as I see it. Granted they could have carried slung on their backs for a better "appearance" , the police still would have wrongfully arrested them. Can't have black people carrying guns now can we.... Off sarcasm.

This was a case of CWB as I see it. Carrying while black.

FreeInAZ

From Open Carry Texas Face Book page:
Speaking of the comments made in a local news story-

This statement is completely false and these men's rights were grossly violated. Loaded rifles are NOT illegal to carry in Texas. These is a San Antonio ordinance that violates state law, which makes the ordinance null and void. In fact, our members in San Antonio always carry loaded rifles.
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"Some people participating in Saturday's march were carrying rifles, which is not illegal. However, two of the rifle-holders had bullets in their magazines, which is illegal. Two arrests were made, police said."
March in memory of man shot by police ends in arrests
Community members and friends of Marquise Jones, 23, took to the streets Saturday to remind the public of concerns about police violence
www.ksat.com
Comment

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Why are we discussing long gun carry in a state that has handgun open carry?

stay safe.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
So this occurred in TX not in MI?

I really wish people posting these videos would provide appropriate context as to where and when these things occur. With the patchwork of state laws and constantly changing laws, not knowing where and when makes any analysis or informed discussion impossible.

FreeInAZ

Snip - With the patchwork of state laws and constantly changing laws, not knowing where and when makes any analysis or informed discussion impossible .

And maybe that's the point?

Last edited:

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
And maybe that's the point?
Perhaps. But one thing I love about OCDO is its demand for cites and provable facts. Low information types may get outraged by such videos but most of us here have learned (in great part just from being here for long enough) not to get our shorts in a bunch until we have all the facts. Prior to that it is just speculation and general discussion.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior

I really wish people posting these videos would provide appropriate context as to where and when these things occur. With the patchwork of state laws and constantly changing laws, not knowing where and when makes any analysis or informed discussion impossible.
Nice catch!

stealthyeliminator

Loved the guy's response to the question about who's in charge. "We're all in charge, we all make decisions" Beautiful expression of individuality.

taxman

Banned
Loved the guy's response to the question about who's in charge. "We're all in charge, we all make decisions" Beautiful expression of individuality.

I didn't watch it all, but in the opening seconds I saw enough muzzling of a friend and a bunch of cops to last me a lifetime. And with a hand on the pistol grip the whole time.