Thread: Maine beats Virgina to Consitutional Carry "PERMITLESS CARRY" !!!!!!!!

Maine beats Virgina to Consitutional Carry "PERMITLESS CARRY" !!!!!!!!

If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.

~Alan Korwin

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Hell....everyone's passing virginia. The way we're going Massachusetts will have Constutional carry before we do. Maybe we should get a gun lobby.

Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post
    Hell....everyone's passing virginia. The way we're going Massachusetts will have Constutional carry before we do. Maybe we should get a gun lobby.
    Maybe something grass roots?

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

But, but, but, Peter, why do you worry. The real important stuff like killing the 4 year old with a gun rule and keeping tannerite were huge victories. Gun groups can't get to everything, priorities you know!

Besides how does COnstitutional Carry benefit the C2I2 (Concealed Carry Instruction Institution) ? Ya can't make money of of concealed carry if you got constitutional carry. Just pay 'yer fee to get the training and pay 'yer fee to git yer permission slip.
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

Sad, but probably true.
    http://www.pagunblog.com/2015/03/26/kansas-passes-constitutional-carry/

http://www.guns.com/2012/03/07/12-st...mitless-carry/

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/socie...tutional-carry

Constitutional carry is when a state does not have any laws that limit a person’s ability to carry a firearm, either openly or concealed
    Last edited by Marco; 07-08-2015 at 04:48 PM.
    If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.

~Alan Korwin

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    You might want to blame the voters (you did vote, right?) for that which your org.s must deal. I know I do not have to remind anyone who is in office and what that has meant to any meaningful progress.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Bittersweet Victory!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Sad, but probably true.
    This is a great day for us Mainers!!! But we also remember our fellow countrymen who aren't as free as we are today (or in 90 days when the law takes effect but still shouting - and keeping my sidearm holstered - concealed - without a permit - just saying - or crowing - still, it's a great day).

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Constitutional carry is when a state does not have any laws that limit a person’s ability to carry a firearm, either openly or concealed
    Truth be told, Vermont and Maine (long considered blue states) have more gun freedoms than Texas, and even our liberals support gun rights (well, most of them - we do have the other kind - any takers?!? - give you a good deal on them). Carry open or concealed, in your home or walking down the street or riding in your truck, no permit, no card, no problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    You might want to blame the voters (you did vote, right?) for that which your org.s must deal. I know I do not have to remind anyone who is in office and what that has meant to any meaningful progress.
    We have also discussed almost to death the lack of unity among the various groups of gun owners and gun shooters, and some of the reasons put forward why they are reluctant to become involved in any discussion related to remedying that lack of unity.

Heck, I'll bet that while he will never share a hug with them peter nap could be talked into working with dog hunters and K.B. towards constitutional carry.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Regular Member twoskinsonemanns's Avatar
    I feel VA's pain. Her better half to the west was so close to Constitutional carry this session I could smell the freedom.
    alas vetoed at the last minute by the gov.

Good on ya Maine! Maine was the first state in which I OCed.
    "I support the ban on assault weapons" - Donald Trump

We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission - Ayn Rand

Founder's Club Member
    Good to hear that Mainers have changed their law!

I can't wait until I can wear a long coat in the winter without a permit.
    Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis.

μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator
    So in actuality you have no evidence that anything wrong took place, you only believe that it could be spun to appear wrong. But it hasn't been. The truth has a funny way of coming out with persistence, even if it was spun negatively the truth would find its way because these people will not accept less.
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    The truth causes some people so much pain they can only respond with impotent laughable insults. Life must be rough for those people.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Truth View Post
    I can't wait until I can wear a long coat in the winter without a permit.
    Long coats require a permit now?

You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

See what I did there?
    Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis.

μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator
    So in actuality you have no evidence that anything wrong took place, you only believe that it could be spun to appear wrong. But it hasn't been. The truth has a funny way of coming out with persistence, even if it was spun negatively the truth would find its way because these people will not accept less.
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    The truth causes some people so much pain they can only respond with impotent laughable insults. Life must be rough for those people.

At least one rights violating, stupid, ignorant LEO believes Photographers vest do/should:
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...-LEO-Encounter

~Alan Korwin