Thread: 'Nothing to debate': Second Amendment, legal gun in my purse saved our lives

'Nothing to debate': Second Amendment, legal gun in my purse saved our lives

'Nothing to debate': Second Amendment, legal gun in my purse saved our lives

Lynne Russell explains in her own words how her gun saved her and her husband's life. The former CNN anchor is definitely pro second amendment and this is one of the best pro-gun articles by a public figure I have seen.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2015/...-my-purse.html

"Here's the truth:

1. Criminals will always have guns, this is not about them.

2. Americans have a constitutional right to bear arms. Humans have a right to defend themselves. If we didn't have the Second Amendment, we would create it.

3. You can't control everything; but if it makes you feel better, go with a simple law preventing violent offenders from buying firearms. Make it "violent" offenders rather than "white collar" offenders, or most of Capitol Hill won't be allowed to own them.

4. Get a gun, get legal, be responsible, trust yourself. Don't trust yourself? Then don't carry. But for God's sake then, shut the f--- up about it, because that's where your involvement ends.

Chuck and I were married one year ago, on the Fourth of July. Sure, we celebrated our first wedding anniversary in a hospital. But thanks to the Second Amendment, my crack-shot husband and the pistol he used, we were able to have a first anniversary."
    I am not a lawyer, I study the history of gun control laws.

Carried by Fox News? You mean CNN isn't publishing this interview? Hmmm...
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Quote Originally Posted by Midwest View Post
    The former CNN anchor is definitely pro second amendment and this is one of the best pro-gun articles by a public figure I have seen.
    I suspect being pro-Second Amendment and being a former CNN anchor are related.
    Guns don't kill people. Drivers on cell phones do.