• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

U.S. LawShield?

logunowner

I joined up with them here in Missouri at a Springfield meeting back in September I believe. At the time they were going to publish a booklet that had Missouri law in it, they promised that within two months I have not seen that yet and I have contacted them. They have always responded to any of my calls.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FriarJoe

That might be understandable. As fluid and uncertain as some Missouri laws have been since September, it might well be impossible to nail some of the jello onto the wall!

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
IMHO they are not what the purport to be, but you need to make your own decision(s).

Last edited:

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
I have reviewed a number of these so called defence policies. I personally would not purchase one of them. They all sound good, but the devil is in the details. Go find a good local attorney that will fight for your rights.

How many cases have you read about where a person who actually was charged was a true self defence case? One or two out of hundreds. thousands. How many BGs are shot during an encounter? Slim to none.

Most gun charges that face law abiding citizens don't involve BGs. It involves trespass, disorderly conduct or some rogue cop's claim that you violated a bogus law. The insurance does not cover these kinds of charges.

Life is a gamble. We buy insurance for a legitimate coverage. My question to the insurer is your product regulated by the state? If not I would be leery.

JMHO

Ezek

I have reviewed a number of these so called defence policies. I personally would not purchase one of them. They all sound good, but the devil is in the details. Go find a good local attorney that will fight for your rights.

How many cases have you read about where a person who actually was charged was a true self defence case? One or two out of hundreds. thousands. How many BGs are shot during an encounter? Slim to none.

Most gun charges that face law abiding citizens don't involve BGs. It involves trespass, disorderly conduct or some rogue cop's claim that you violated a bogus law. The insurance does not cover these kinds of charges.

Life is a gamble. We buy insurance for a legitimate coverage. My question to the insurer is your product regulated by the state? If not I would be leery.

JMHO

winning with self representation is all but impossible, the judges don't like it because of some reason and the AG I swear is buddies with all attorneys in the area and requires you to have one just to make a plea deal or get a deferred charge.

I SHOULD have won in court versus a LIDAR speeding ticket because I was in a group of cars and the officer could not verify his accuracy, judge still slapped me with it even though he deliberated with an "eeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhhh" for about a whole two minutes before doing so.

we are not SUPPOSE to be charged unless we are beyond all reasonable doubt, him tossing it around in his head showed doubt due to the facts, case should have been dismissed, but it is easier to say "guilty" try to get you to pay to appeal, and just generate MORE revenue for the county in the process.

the whole process is corrupt in my opinion, as you are guilty until proven innocent, rather then the drafted intention of innocent until proven guilty.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
winning with self representation is all but impossible, the judges don't like it because of some reason and the AG I swear is buddies with all attorneys in the area and requires you to have one just to make a plea deal or get a deferred charge.

I SHOULD have won in court versus a LIDAR speeding ticket because I was in a group of cars and the officer could not verify his accuracy, judge still slapped me with it even though he deliberated with an "eeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhhh" for about a whole two minutes before doing so.

we are not SUPPOSE to be charged unless we are beyond all reasonable doubt, him tossing it around in his head showed doubt due to the facts, case should have been dismissed, but it is easier to say "guilty" try to get you to pay to appeal, and just generate MORE revenue for the county in the process.

the whole process is corrupt in my opinion, as you are guilty until proven innocent, rather then the drafted intention of innocent until proven guilty.
In some states, it is enough to challenge the calibration/testing of the radar unit. Frequently the certification must be done by the chief mechanic, not attested to by a regular shop mechanic. I have asked to speak to the officer and told him what I wanted - the officer requested that it be nolle prossed rather than allow others to hear my defense. I walked, shouldn't have been ticketed anyway.

Firearms Iinstuctor

Grape his is talking about LIDAR not Radar LIDAR is a laser measuring device not a radar device

It is very easy to pick out and track the speed of a single car in a group with a LIDAR unit compared with a radar unit.

Both units given a properly trained officer are accurate and are reliable speed measuring devices.

Errors both equipment and human caused are possible but a properly trained officer should recognize them and disregard them.

Both units should be checked for proper operation before and after each stop. Calibration is not something a field officer would do.

Redbaron007

JMHO

Very well stated.

Most of these companies provide liability coverage; something that all Homeowners/renters policies do...which means duplicity...plus they are generally secondary over a H/O or Renters policy...or at least those I've read, and only provide a grant/loan for criminal action. But you are correct, the devil is in the details. These 'policies' are generally grants/loans etc. One cannot purchase criminal insurance. Then there is a question if these are loans/grants to pay for the legal fees; then later 'forgiven', one may be exposed to taxes.

Ezek

Grape his is talking about LIDAR not Radar LIDAR is a laser measuring device not a radar device

It is very easy to pick out and track the speed of a single car in a group with a LIDAR unit compared with a radar unit.

Both units given a properly trained officer are accurate and are reliable speed measuring devices.

Errors both equipment and human caused are possible but a properly trained officer should recognize them and disregard them.

Both units should be checked for proper operation before and after each stop. Calibration is not something a field officer would do.

either way, if you can't compare it to a sidearm for verifiable accuracy, you cannot state you are accurate as it uses an invisible beam ( infrared) , and if you are not accurate, verifiably, how can you claim the car you pulled over was actually speeding?

BigStack

Yep devil in details...they say they will represent you when it is clear you acted in a legal/legitimate manner.....
If that is the case you likely won't ever be charged. The only thing it might protect you against is a liberal gun hating district attorney that doesn't mind hurting his win rate. (Cause he will lose if you acted in a legal manner)

Save those pennies in your own defense fund. Do talk to a criminal defense layer in your area and get a business card. Call him if you are ever booked/charged. And use the money you saved up in you rainy day/defense fund.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Firearms Iinstuctor

either way, if you can't compare it to a sidearm for verifiable accuracy, you cannot state you are accurate as it uses an invisible beam ( infrared) , and if you are not accurate, verifiably, how can you claim the car you pulled over was actually speeding?

The science on how wide a laser beam from a given lens at a certain distance is well proven the unit I normal used if I remember correctly was an 18 inches at 300 yards. Its been five years sense I use one.

There is a procure to make sure the device is aiming properly and should be check before one uses it.

It also had a red dot like aiming site and a tone to let you know if one was receiving back good reading. If you were receiving a broken signal back one would not get a reading.

If you never use one I don't believe that you well ever be convince of their accuracy.

Ezek

The science on how wide a laser beam from a given lens at a certain distance is well proven the unit I normal used if I remember correctly was an 18 inches at 300 yards. Its been five years sense I use one.

There is a procure to make sure the device is aiming properly and should be check before one uses it.

It also had a red dot like aiming site and a tone to let you know if one was receiving back good reading. If you were receiving a broken signal back one would not get a reading.

If you never use one I don't believe that you well ever be convince of their accuracy.

I think your missing the point. there is no ACTUAL tag/marker, just cause it was verified accurate earlier doesn't mean getting tossed around in the squad car didn't upset the accuracy later.

and without an actual tag/marker, directly tied to the IR beam, your right I cannot be convinced of it's accuracy.

also the brochure sure doesn't mention anything about repetitive accuracy in all conditions, mostly just a bunch of hoopla about how the PD will be making a lot more money.

qwertyuiop

Post Self Defense Support: The Buyer's Guide

YMMV:

Post Self Defense Support: The Buyer's Guide

Very well stated.

Most of these companies provide liability coverage; something that all Homeowners/renters policies do...which means duplicity...plus they are generally secondary over a H/O or Renters policy...or at least those I've read, and only provide a grant/loan for criminal action. But you are correct, the devil is in the details. These 'policies' are generally grants/loans etc. One cannot purchase criminal insurance. Then there is a question if these are loans/grants to pay for the legal fees; then later 'forgiven', one may be exposed to taxes.