• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Trip to Colorado - Questions and Advice

hp-hobo

Will be in Colorado for a few days at the end of this month. CO no longer recognizes/reciprocates my home state CWP nor does it recognize/reciprocate non-resident permits so my only (and preferred) way to carry is OC. My understanding is that Denver/Denver county no longer allows OC and can work around that by not stopping there. My hotel is in Wheat Ridge and I'll be going to Morrison and Salida.

Will OC be a problem in any of these areas? Are there any places I should avoid? And does anyone know the firearm carry policy at Bandimere Speedway? Thanks!

mobiushky

Will be in Colorado for a few days at the end of this month. CO no longer recognizes/reciprocates my home state CWP nor does it recognize/reciprocate non-resident permits so my only (and preferred) way to carry is OC. My understanding is that Denver/Denver county no longer allows OC and can work around that by not stopping there. My hotel is in Wheat Ridge and I'll be going to Morrison and Salida.

Will OC be a problem in any of these areas? Are there any places I should avoid? And does anyone know the firearm carry policy at Bandimere Speedway? Thanks!

For Bandimere:

http://www.bandimere.com/fan-guide/fan-faq

Thing about the work around on Denver is that DPD is notorious for getting things wrong. So while you may legally be able to carry so long as you aren't staying there, if DPD sees you get out of a car while OC and has a wild hair it's gonna be inconvenient at best. The other places you'll be fine, especially further away from Denver/Boulder. Remember, signs have no force of law but they can ask you to leave. OH, and depending on where you're staying in Wheat Ridge, the East border of Wheat Ridge (Sheridan) is the West border of Denver. FYI.

F350

I now live in SE Wyoming but lived on the Western Slope (freedom side) and OCed every day, biggest problem was getting stopped by people thanking me for carrying. Still go to Loveland and Ft Collins for medical frequently and OC with no problems, most people don't even notice, if they do, they look and go about their business. Most the anti jurisdictions have gotten slapped down with federal 42 USC 1983 law suits and settled for a few thousand $ and mind their Ps & Qs now.

On a side note, was in a gun shop in Weld County that was openly selling 30 round AR mags in direct violation of COs mag limit law. Asked the owner about it, he laughed and said no body cares, said he even sold a couple 30 rounders to the prosecutor a couple weeks earlier.

The majority of people in Colorado are 2nd amendment friendly, it is mostly the Komiefornia invaders in Denver-Boulder area that are the problem.

jackrockblc

Couldn't say much about Wheatridge, but I wouldn't bet you'd have too many problems. It's not generally known to happen very much, but not illegal.

As for Bandimere, I seem to recall (but can't currently find) somebody mentioning that OC there was a hard no-go, despite what the online FAQ says.