• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

CPL renewal

Bill45

I renewed my CC license over 3 weeks and 2 days ago and have not received it. The South Sound 911 web site says it takes 3 to 4 weeks for an original but not how long for a renewal.

I lost my receipt and my license expires August 27th.

How long does it actually take to receive the license? It seems like the last time I renewed it only took 2 weeks. Anybody here have them lose your application before?

I am guessing I will have to re-renew my license sense I do not have a receipt.

decklin

I renewed my CC license over 3 weeks and 2 days ago and have not received it. The South Sound 911 web site says it takes 3 to 4 weeks for an original but not how long for a renewal.

I lost my receipt and my license expires August 27th.

How long does it actually take to receive the license? It seems like the last time I renewed it only took 2 weeks. Anybody here have them lose your application before?

I am guessing I will have to re-renew my license sense I do not have a receipt.

Contact them. They are required by law to issue within 30 days. http://app.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=9.41.070

decklin

Yet, no penalty for failure to do so.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

Unfortunately that is true. Pacific PD took 34 days, IIRC, to issue my renewal. My wife applied for hers nearly 3 weeks after I did. I started calling the PD on day 30. They basically told me to go F myself. And that it would take as long as it takes. They said if I went through King County it would take 60 days.
I jumped on here and found people were getting there renewal same day in certain locations.
I wrote an email to the AG about it on a Friday. On Tuesday there was a hand addressed envelope with my cpl and my wife's in the mailbox. Don't know if the AG's office made a phone call but the timing was interesting.
Took 34 days for mine. 1 week for the wife. Same department. Same clerk.

OC Freedom

Unfortunately that is true. Pacific PD took 34 days, IIRC, to issue my renewal. My wife applied for hers nearly 3 weeks after I did. I started calling the PD on day 30. They basically told me to go F myself. And that it would take as long as it takes. They said if I went through King County it would take 60 days.
I jumped on here and found people were getting there renewal same day in certain locations.
I wrote an email to the AG about it on a Friday. On Tuesday there was a hand addressed envelope with my cpl and my wife's in the mailbox. Don't know if the AG's office made a phone call but the timing was interesting.
Took 34 days for mine. 1 week for the wife. Same department. Same clerk.

I'm curious to know do you or your wife open carry in that county? If so, any problems with the pacific PD, or any other agency?

decklin

I'm curious to know do you or your wife open carry in that county? If so, any problems with the pacific PD, or any other agency?

I have had one issue. In the auburn sams club. Everywhere else I've had zero issues. Even been in the PD open carry. I've oc'd in front of police in multiple towns and cities.
People have been very open to talk to me and ask questions. Hasn't happened lately though. Maybe people have finally become familiar with OC.

EMNofSeattle

Actually, there is. Any violation of Chapter 9.41 is a crime, specifically a misdemeanor, unless otherwise stated.

RCW 9.41.810.

No one in their right of mind will actually charge the sheriff or chief of police in that manner.

However there is an enforcement mechanism, if you do not recieve the license within thirty days or are wrongfully denied you may file either with the superior court of the county you applied in or Thurston county (Olympia) superior court for a writ of mandamus ordering issuance of the license

OC Freedom

I have had one issue. In the auburn sams club. Everywhere else I've had zero issues. Even been in the PD open carry. I've oc'd in front of police in multiple towns and cities.
People have been very open to talk to me and ask questions. Hasn't happened lately though. Maybe people have finally become familiar with OC.

Glad to here it.

I have very fond memories of Long Beach and the surrounding area. The best summer I ever had was in Long Beach in 1983. Honda big red ATC, Girls, and Alcohol, what could go wrong?:lol:

Bill45

Glad to here it.

I have very fond memories of Long Beach and the surrounding area. The best summer I ever had was in Long Beach in 1983. Honda big red ATC, Girls, and Alcohol, what could go wrong?:lol:

What on earth are you talking about? What has this got to do with CPL renewal? Are you trying to hijack this thread and take it to Idaho?

Here it?? You mean Hear it don't you?

Last edited:

Difdi

No one in their right of mind will actually charge the sheriff or chief of police in that manner.

Why not? They're not above the law, and people certainly can be charged with and convicted of things the organization they lead does illegally. Perhaps a few such prosecutions, even if they result in an acquittal, would speed up the CPL processing to where the law requires it to be? It certainly doesn't take them 30+ days to process any other paperwork.

However there is an enforcement mechanism, if you do not recieve the license within thirty days or are wrongfully denied you may file either with the superior court of the county you applied in or Thurston county (Olympia) superior court for a writ of mandamus ordering issuance of the license

Which is arguably throwing more paper at a problem paper failed to solve the first time. Of course, the penalty for disobeying the Writ is a lot higher than a simple misdemeanor, assuming you can get the court to stop giving police endless benefit of the doubt and enforce the order -- criminal contempt charges can have nasty penalties.