Thread: Who is up for an open carry demo in Seattle?

Regular Member rightwinglibertarian's Avatar

Who is up for an open carry demo in Seattle?

Well seeing as i'm in a mission in downtown that does not allow firearms, I was thinking I could do camera operation. But who would be interested? Downtown Seattle. I'm told there have been previous OC demos there and would love to get involved in one. Would be the first for me.

I'm not sure if this should stay here till there is a real event or be moved now but whatever mods decide
    "Which part of shall not be infringed is so difficult to understand"?

"Any and all restrictions on the bearing of arms in public places are nullified as per the Second Amendment"

Conservative Broadcast || Google Plus profile

Quote Originally Posted by mnrobitaille View Post
    An interesting idea, however you'd likely have to limit it to open carrying of pistols only, as it seems that those who OC with long guns are the ones that are causing the problems.
    Long gun carry is OT and the topic is generally not allowed unless handgun carry is banned like it was in Texas. I have no objection is the subject is brought up offsite maybe via my news page though.

"Any and all restrictions on the bearing of arms in public places are nullified as per the Second Amendment"

*listens to the sound of nothing*

Well this is promising. Wake up people, before we have another California on our hands

Quote Originally Posted by rightwinglibertarian View Post
    *listens to the sound of nothing*

Well this is promising. Wake up people, before we have another California on our hands
    Listen, I would love to join you. But it's not OC if your sentencing prohibits OC at least in Seattle.
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom1Man View Post
    Listen, I would love to join you. But it's not OC if your sentencing prohibits OC at least in Seattle.
    I wouldnt do anything but OC. Unless I was super tired when I typed a previous message. Open carry or not at all

I wouldnt do anything but OC. Unless I was super tired when I typed a previous message. Open carry or not at all
    I cannot OC, at least in Seattle due to an idiot judge who believes that OC is illegal because I have a CPL. Things might change on Friday though.
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

I cannot OC, at least in Seattle due to an idiot judge who believes that OC is illegal because I have a CPL. Things might change on Friday though.
    Keep us updated. I've been very curious about how your case is going to turn out. Good luck, man.
    "Loyalty above all else except honor. " -John Mahoney

"A Government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have." -Gerald R. Ford

*blinks* say what? Just where in the RCWs do they get that? Can I get some background into this? Yea I know it's OT but it's my thread and i'll take it OT if and when I choose

Now. OC is certainly allowed even without a permit here in WA. A permit simply 'gives you the right' (which of course the 2A already guarantees but thats another issue) to conceal. There is no place in WA law to bar a CPL holder from OCing

*blinks* say what? Just where in the RCWs do they get that? Can I get some background into this? Yea I know it's OT but it's my thread and i'll take it OT if and when I choose

Now. OC is certainly allowed even without a permit here in WA. A permit simply 'gives you the right' (which of course the 2A already guarantees but thats another issue) to conceal. There is no place in WA law to bar a CPL holder from OCing
    According to former judge Fred Bonner, my sentencing prohibits OC because, OC is illegal in Washington per 9.41.070(RCW) according to Bonner.

My public defender saw that this was a railroad job the day of the trial. He was ready to appeal before trial started. Judges Hightower (arraignment) and Bonner (trial) both said that because I have a CPL that I cannot OC. Both claimed that it was spelled out in 9.41.070 (RCW). Bonner is thee most overturned judge in Washington and was almost number 1 nation wide. But if I could have afforded the appeals bond I could have OCed, according to Bonner, pending the outcome of the appeals hearing. I know, figure that one out it left me scratching my head too. According to the judge OC is illegal (per state law) and that is why it was part of my sentencing BUT if I cover the appeals bond, I can OC pending the appeals hearing.

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...ivate-Property
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...OT-an-OC-state

According to former judge Fred Bonner, my sentencing prohibits OC because, OC is illegal in Washington per 9.41.070(RCW) according to Bonner.

My public defender saw that this was a railroad job the day of the trial. He was ready to appeal before trial started. Judges Hightower (arraignment) and Bonner (trial) both said that because I have a CPL that I cannot OC. Both claimed that it was spelled out in 9.41.070 (RCW). Bonner is thee most overturned judge in Washington and was almost number 1 nation wide. But if I could have afforded the appeals bond I could have OCed, according to Bonner, pending the outcome of the appeals hearing. I know, figure that one out it left me scratching my head too. According to the judge OC is illegal (per state law) and that is why it was part of my sentencing BUT if I cover the appeals bond, I can OC pending the appeals hearing.

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...ivate-Property
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...OT-an-OC-state
    *growls* What a load of hogwash. There is ample evidence you can OC in any public place in both the WA constitution and the federal. I'm not a legal expert by any means but i'm pretty sure there are ways to get a gun rights group to support you. That ruling is clearly unconstitutional and therefore void. I'm quite sure I can call up the precedent cases.

Yes I know Rule 15 but in this case there is ample evidence that ruling is worth only throwing in the nearest fire