Thread: Interesting video of someone harassing an open carrier.

Interesting video of someone harassing an open carrier.

I know these encounters are rare but my friend sent me the link to this video this morning and I had to share. Putting it here since I'm unsure of the best forum to post it in.

In the video a guy approaches a man open carrying near the St. Louis Zoo, he calls the man a "*****" then continues to insult him. I think the guy carrying handled himself pretty well considering the type of person he was dealing with. He tried to educate the man that was constantly hurling insults his way but he wasn't hearing a word of it.

Last edited by PLUR; 07-09-2015 at 10:46 AM.

Keep on walking/going about your business. Ignore the unruly citizen. Personally, I'd call a cop and lodge a complaint. Peace disturbance at a minimum in Missouri.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

The guy with the camera went out of his way to go to the gun owner and insult and berate him, and the gun owner is the one being intimidating?

The youtube comments are pure gold. Methinks this didn't play out like the guy filming expected.

Quote Originally Posted by PLUR View Post
    I know these encounters are rare but my friend sent me the link to this video this morning and I had to share. Putting it here since I'm unsure of the best forum to post it in.

In the video a guy approaches a man open carrying near the St. Louis Zoo, he calls the man a "*****" then continues to insult him. I think the guy carrying handled himself pretty well considering the type of person he was dealing with. He tried to educate the man that was constantly hurling insults his way but he wasn't hearing a word of it.

What was this guy (camera shaking, excessive cussing) smoking/doing?

Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    Keep on walking/going about your business. Ignore the unruly citizen. Personally, I'd call a cop and lodge a complaint. Peace disturbance at a minimum in Missouri.
    I'd walk away, if continual harassment happened, would be on the phone to LEO lodging a complaint. From watching the whole video, the camera guy was trying to instigate a fight. The OCer was staying level headed, & not once did he brandish or make a motion to brandish.

Regular Member stealthyeliminator's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by J_dazzle23 View Post
    The youtube comments are pure gold. Methinks this didn't play out like the guy filming expected.
    haha, thanks for pointing me to the comments. I might have missed them otherwise
    Advocate freedom please

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator View Post
    haha, thanks for pointing me to the comments. I might have missed them otherwise
    Oh no problem.

I love how the guy asks what makes him think he can carry a gun open in front of kids and the dude is like....

"Becuase...merika"

Lol.

Just makes me realize that although we all can see things differently on this forum, there are those out there that are legitimately on another planet, LOL

Seems to me with all the profanity being spewed by the person filming he was pushing a DC charge.
    Personal Defensive Solutions professional personal firearms, edge weapons and hands on defensive training and tactics pdsolutions@hotmail.com

Any and all spelling errors are just to give the spelling Nazis something to do

how do you pull up comments on 'smartphone' - looks like link goes directly to video player

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “Men live without other security than what their own strength and their own invention shall furnish them"
    -Thomas Hobbes 1651

Quote Originally Posted by HPmatt View Post
    how do you pull up comments on 'smartphone' - looks like link goes directly to video player

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had to go direct to UTube, search for it, then I could get to comments.

Wow. He's dropping th F-bomb pretty regularly while children are stepping around them. Everyone seemed pretty intimidated to me. Not. Yeah. I'd say the comments backfired on him about 113 to 2. All in all pretty much a waste of time on both their parts, no minds being changed today. Leaving on the OC guys part would have not been a great move either, would have been seen as victory I suspect.

Quote Originally Posted by PLUR View Post

The armed man is the son-in-law of the armed older man (though he hardly seems he's old enough to be the father-in-law!) seen in the video.
    Last edited by BB62; 07-09-2015 at 04:13 PM. Reason: removed video link

Excuse me. You are yelling at and insulting me and getting all in my personal space because I have a gun. I notice you do not have a gun. Do you think your behavior is really wise?

Said softly and gently as if you really did not want the other folks there to hear what you were saying but know they will anyhow.

From the comments (you need to go to the actual YouTube site https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QInH8o1jzyI and scroll down from the screen to the comments below) I do not seem to be the only one with that thought.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

I missed all that. Darn traffic and running late... The aggressive guy with the video camera is a far leftist, proud communist according to his social media. He posted some very aggressive comments and rather disturbing violent descriptions on social media prior to the OC event at the zoo. He lives about 2 hours south of St. Louis and obviously drove up just to provide unhinged harassment. I found his social media comments far more frightening than anything I have ever read on any firearm related forum. He comes off as one of those people you cross the street to avoid because there is just something off about him.
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Firearms Iinstuctor View Post
    Seems to me with all the profanity being spewed by the person filming he was pushing a DC charge.
    I think I'd let the police or magistrate figure out whether he was pushing a disorderly conduct (DC) charge, or actually disorderly.

"Yes, officer. He was recording the encounter on that there DVR; its evidence. These people can corroborate that. Please seize the DVR pending my affidavit and search warrant for its contents. I will sign a complaint, and testify in court."
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
    If there is no reason to carry a gun around kids ("think of the children"), how do you explain cops?

Profanity: The effort of a feeble mind trying to express itself forceably.
    Last edited by SouthernBoy; 07-09-2015 at 10:24 PM.
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

America First!

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Would love to hear a discussion with the camera man and Rev. Kenn Blanchard.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernBoy View Post
    Profanity: The effort of a feeble mind trying to express itself forceably.
    I started my career in the Military in the US Navy. My Chief in dive school told us that "The use of profanity is a demonstration of a poor vocabulary." Is Truth!
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie View Post
    I started my career in the Military in the US Navy. My Chief in dive school told us that "The use of profanity is a demonstration of a poor vocabulary." Is Truth!
    LOL And I started my career in nuclear power in the US Navy. My boot-camp company commander, BMCS Harold Bentley, RIP, could rhyme obscenely and profanely for a full minute in perfect scansion. There was nothing vulgar about his accomplishment.

Profanity takes the Holy Name for vain purpose. Obscenity makes reference to bodily functions. Vulgarity is the language of the common man.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

A man's character may be learned from the adjectives which he habitually uses in conversation. - Mark Twain

Under certain circumstances, urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer. - Mark Twain
    Amen!
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

I hope I never encounter someone like this. These types of people are quite frustrating.
    Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis.

μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator
    So in actuality you have no evidence that anything wrong took place, you only believe that it could be spun to appear wrong. But it hasn't been. The truth has a funny way of coming out with persistence, even if it was spun negatively the truth would find its way because these people will not accept less.
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    The truth causes some people so much pain they can only respond with impotent laughable insults. Life must be rough for those people.

The person holding the camera is an idiot.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)