• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Interesting video of someone harassing an open carrier.

PLUR

I know these encounters are rare but my friend sent me the link to this video this morning and I had to share. Putting it here since I'm unsure of the best forum to post it in.

In the video a guy approaches a man open carrying near the St. Louis Zoo, he calls the man a "*****" then continues to insult him. I think the guy carrying handled himself pretty well considering the type of person he was dealing with. He tried to educate the man that was constantly hurling insults his way but he wasn't hearing a word of it. :banghead:

[video=youtube;QInH8o1jzyI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QInH8o1jzyI[/video]

Last edited:

OC for ME

Keep on walking/going about your business. Ignore the unruly citizen. Personally, I'd call a cop and lodge a complaint. Peace disturbance at a minimum in Missouri.

blahpony

The guy with the camera went out of his way to go to the gun owner and insult and berate him, and the gun owner is the one being intimidating? :confused:

J_dazzle23

The youtube comments are pure gold. Methinks this didn't play out like the guy filming expected.

mnrobitaille

I know these encounters are rare but my friend sent me the link to this video this morning and I had to share. Putting it here since I'm unsure of the best forum to post it in.

In the video a guy approaches a man open carrying near the St. Louis Zoo, he calls the man a "*****" then continues to insult him. I think the guy carrying handled himself pretty well considering the type of person he was dealing with. He tried to educate the man that was constantly hurling insults his way but he wasn't hearing a word of it. :banghead:

[video=youtube;QInH8o1jzyI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QInH8o1jzyI[/video]

What was this guy (camera shaking, excessive cussing) smoking/doing?

Keep on walking/going about your business. Ignore the unruly citizen. Personally, I'd call a cop and lodge a complaint. Peace disturbance at a minimum in Missouri.

I'd walk away, if continual harassment happened, would be on the phone to LEO lodging a complaint. From watching the whole video, the camera guy was trying to instigate a fight. The OCer was staying level headed, & not once did he brandish or make a motion to brandish.

J_dazzle23

haha, thanks for pointing me to the comments. I might have missed them otherwise :D
Oh no problem.

I love how the guy asks what makes him think he can carry a gun open in front of kids and the dude is like....

"Becuase...merika"

Lol.

Just makes me realize that although we all can see things differently on this forum, there are those out there that are legitimately on another planet, LOL

HPmatt

how do you pull up comments on 'smartphone' - looks like link goes directly to video player

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wstar425

how do you pull up comments on 'smartphone' - looks like link goes directly to video player

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had to go direct to UTube, search for it, then I could get to comments.

Wow. He's dropping th F-bomb pretty regularly while children are stepping around them. Everyone seemed pretty intimidated to me. Not. Yeah. I'd say the comments backfired on him about 113 to 2. All in all pretty much a waste of time on both their parts, no minds being changed today. Leaving on the OC guys part would have not been a great move either, would have been seen as victory I suspect.

BB62

Accomplished Advocate

In the video a guy approaches a man open carrying near the St. Louis Zoo, he calls the man a "*****" then continues to insult him. I think the guy carrying handled himself pretty well considering the type of person he was dealing with. He tried to educate the man that was constantly hurling insults his way but he wasn't hearing a word of it.
The armed man is the son-in-law of the armed older man (though he hardly seems he's old enough to be the father-in-law!) seen in the video.

Last edited:

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Excuse me. You are yelling at and insulting me and getting all in my personal space because I have a gun. I notice you do not have a gun. Do you think your behavior is really wise?

Said softly and gently as if you really did not want the other folks there to hear what you were saying but know they will anyhow.

From the comments (you need to go to the actual YouTube site https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QInH8o1jzyI and scroll down from the screen to the comments below) I do not seem to be the only one with that thought.

stay safe.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
I missed all that. Darn traffic and running late... The aggressive guy with the video camera is a far leftist, proud communist according to his social media. He posted some very aggressive comments and rather disturbing violent descriptions on social media prior to the OC event at the zoo. He lives about 2 hours south of St. Louis and obviously drove up just to provide unhinged harassment. I found his social media comments far more frightening than anything I have ever read on any firearm related forum. He comes off as one of those people you cross the street to avoid because there is just something off about him.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Seems to me with all the profanity being spewed by the person filming he was pushing a DC charge.

I think I'd let the police or magistrate figure out whether he was pushing a disorderly conduct (DC) charge, or actually disorderly.

"Yes, officer. He was recording the encounter on that there DVR; its evidence. These people can corroborate that. Please seize the DVR pending my affidavit and search warrant for its contents. I will sign a complaint, and testify in court."

OC for ME

A man's character may be learned from the adjectives which he habitually uses in conversation. - Mark Twain

Under certain circumstances, urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer. - Mark Twain
Amen!

The Truth

I hope I never encounter someone like this. These types of people are quite frustrating.