Thread: Full Auto Owner's?

Full Auto Owner's?

Just wondering if there are many full auto owners on this forum?
    I was pleasantly surprised when I saw it.
    Darryl

Regular Member twoskinsonemanns's Avatar
    There, but for the lack of thousands, go I.
    "I support the ban on assault weapons" - Donald Trump

We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission - Ayn Rand

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by twoskinsonemanns View Post
    There, but for the lack of thousands, go I.
    Government distortion of markets?

Seems like plenty of poor jihadi's can obtain full-auto weapons, but in the US, they cost thousands and thousands.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Regular Member twoskinsonemanns's Avatar
    Simple totalitarian supply and demand.
    "I support the ban on assault weapons" - Donald Trump

We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission - Ayn Rand

Your both right, the prices of these collectibles has been steadily going up & up.
    Mainly due to supply and demand I'd say, I caught the bug about a decade ago and
    own several, I don't know if I could afford them now.
    Being a Thompson collector has been a joy, buying the myriad of accessories and meeting
    like minds. Everyone should own one:-)
    Darryl
    Last edited by darrylta; 07-11-2015 at 07:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by darrylta View Post
    .......... I caught the bug about a decade ago ..........
    Being a Thompson collector has been a joy,................. Everyone should own one:-)
    Darryl
    I was hooked at eighteen when the Navy gave me that first xme177.

I have great affinity for the pps43. Everyone should own one.

Disclaimer: I currently live in Washington State. Full Auto is banned here for Law Abiding Citizens. Dumb law. At one time we were "allowed" to own suppressors, but we could not deploy them. It takes time.
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

When the previous governor of Maryland started talking about even more strict gun laws.
    I bit the bullet and decided to move to a neighboring state. I looked at VA and PA and decided
    they were close to the ragged edge with new gun laws on the horizon.

I thankfully decided on West Virginia....not a month after I set everything in motion, our
    stellar Senator Munchkin co sponsored a gun bill in the Senate.:-(

I'm truly relieved he's not seeking another term.
    Darryl

I guess there's not many full auto owners that frequent this forum?
    It may just be for the suppressor / silencer owners, that's one item
    I haven't bought to date, I'll have to look into it.
    Darryl

Most people buy gold or silver as a hedge to the market.
    I looked into that and saw that the metals market has to increase 20% before
    your investment breaks even.
    I did the right thing in hindsight, and bought collectible guns, which have been on a tear lately.
    Even a blind hog finds a acorn every now and then :-)
    -Darryl

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Navy 3.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	93.6 KB 
ID:	12677
    Last edited by darrylta; 07-30-2015 at 08:56 PM.

I guess there's not many full auto owners that frequent this forum?
    It may just be for the suppressor / silencer owners, that's one item
    I haven't bought to date, I'll have to look into it.
    Darryl
    Many choose not to advertise the possession of FA weapons. They are not yet "legal" in Wa State yet. Suppressors and AOWs are good though.
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

Isn't there basically 100% transparency required by law in regards to full auto weapons? Seems pointless to hide the fact unless you're just a private type of individual.
    Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis.

μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator
    So in actuality you have no evidence that anything wrong took place, you only believe that it could be spun to appear wrong. But it hasn't been. The truth has a funny way of coming out with persistence, even if it was spun negatively the truth would find its way because these people will not accept less.
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    The truth causes some people so much pain they can only respond with impotent laughable insults. Life must be rough for those people.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Truth View Post
    Isn't there basically 100% transparency required by law in regards to full auto weapons? Seems pointless to hide the fact unless you're just a private type of individual.

Not 100% transparent, but close enough for government work
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Quote Originally Posted by gutshot View Post
    I might answer that, if I knew what you meant.
    I mean the level of contact with the government and info one may be required to share/rights one may give up for the privilege to own full auto.

The idea of owning full auto has always intrigued me, but the amount of regulation and government interaction has always turned me off. Same reasoning I employ when OCing in VA.
    Last edited by The Truth; 11-07-2015 at 06:17 PM.

μολὼν λαβέ

So in actuality you have no evidence that anything wrong took place, you only believe that it could be spun to appear wrong. But it hasn't been. The truth has a funny way of coming out with persistence, even if it was spun negatively the truth would find its way because these people will not accept less.
    The truth causes some people so much pain they can only respond with impotent laughable insults. Life must be rough for those people.

If your referring to the array of approvals that's required, as in the local CLEO and the ATF NFA Branch, yes the government knows your the caretaker
    of these weapons. The multitude of background checks and fingerprinting is the norm in the process, yet it's worth it to own such history rich guns.

The weird part of the process is that you have to go through the same process for every NFA item you purchase, after a while, you'd think they would get it
    that your an upstanding individual. The average turn around from payment to having the gun in your safe has been around 9 months in my case. Being from
    Maryland didn't help any I'm sure. The only way to shorten the process would be to get a SOT license. I'm a FFL-03 collector.

I've only had ATF agents in my safe two times over the years, they were just doing their jobs :-) I'm normally checked out by the local PD when I bring them
    to a public range. I think they enjoy the experience of handling and firing them as much as I do.

Darryl

I've only had ATF agents in my safe two times over the years, they were just doing their jobs :-)
    Darryl
    Yeah, no thanks... sorry you had to go through that.

μολὼν λαβέ

Banned
    This a query to enumerate and locate full auto owners?

We are much more prevalent than you think, kinda under the radar :-)
    Darryl