• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Full Auto Owner's?

Status
Not open for further replies.

darrylta

Your both right, the prices of these collectibles has been steadily going up & up.
Mainly due to supply and demand I'd say, I caught the bug about a decade ago and
own several, I don't know if I could afford them now.
Being a Thompson collector has been a joy, buying the myriad of accessories and meeting
like minds. Everyone should own one:)
Darryl

Last edited:

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
.......... I caught the bug about a decade ago ..........
Being a Thompson collector has been a joy,................. Everyone should own one:)
Darryl

I was hooked at eighteen when the Navy gave me that first xme177.

I have great affinity for the pps43. Everyone should own one.

Disclaimer: I currently live in Washington State. Full Auto is banned here for Law Abiding Citizens. Dumb law. At one time we were "allowed" to own suppressors, but we could not deploy them. It takes time.

darrylta

When the previous governor of Maryland started talking about even more strict gun laws.
I bit the bullet and decided to move to a neighboring state. I looked at VA and PA and decided
they were close to the ragged edge with new gun laws on the horizon.

I thankfully decided on West Virginia....not a month after I set everything in motion, our
stellar Senator Munchkin co sponsored a gun bill in the Senate.:-(

I'm truly relieved he's not seeking another term.
Darryl

darrylta

I guess there's not many full auto owners that frequent this forum?
It may just be for the suppressor / silencer owners, that's one item
I haven't bought to date, I'll have to look into it.
Darryl

darrylta

Most people buy gold or silver as a hedge to the market.
I looked into that and saw that the metals market has to increase 20% before
your investment breaks even.
I did the right thing in hindsight, and bought collectible guns, which have been on a tear lately.
Even a blind hog finds a acorn every now and then :)
-Darryl

Navy 3.jpg

Last edited:

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
I guess there's not many full auto owners that frequent this forum?
It may just be for the suppressor / silencer owners, that's one item
I haven't bought to date, I'll have to look into it.
Darryl

Many choose not to advertise the possession of FA weapons. They are not yet "legal" in Wa State yet. Suppressors and AOWs are good though.

The Truth

Isn't there basically 100% transparency required by law in regards to full auto weapons? Seems pointless to hide the fact unless you're just a private type of individual.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Isn't there basically 100% transparency required by law in regards to full auto weapons? Seems pointless to hide the fact unless you're just a private type of individual.

Corbis-42-71886979.jpg

Not 100% transparent, but close enough for government work :p

The Truth

I might answer that, if I knew what you meant.

I mean the level of contact with the government and info one may be required to share/rights one may give up for the privilege to own full auto.

The idea of owning full auto has always intrigued me, but the amount of regulation and government interaction has always turned me off. Same reasoning I employ when OCing in VA.

Last edited:

darrylta

If your referring to the array of approvals that's required, as in the local CLEO and the ATF NFA Branch, yes the government knows your the caretaker
of these weapons. The multitude of background checks and fingerprinting is the norm in the process, yet it's worth it to own such history rich guns.

The weird part of the process is that you have to go through the same process for every NFA item you purchase, after a while, you'd think they would get it
that your an upstanding individual. The average turn around from payment to having the gun in your safe has been around 9 months in my case. Being from
Maryland didn't help any I'm sure. The only way to shorten the process would be to get a SOT license. I'm a FFL-03 collector.

I've only had ATF agents in my safe two times over the years, they were just doing their jobs :) I'm normally checked out by the local PD when I bring them
to a public range. I think they enjoy the experience of handling and firing them as much as I do.

Darryl

Jimsouth

5 - 6 years ago, my old aunt left my cousin & myself some money. I have grandchildren; my cousin does not; but he does have ( now ) a 28 Thompson & an original Storm Rifle . Both full auto. Investments, and not really for shooting. Story goes, the designer of the Storm Rifle was in prison in the same town the AK designer lived in. From a distance the AK & the Storm rifle have incredible similarities. Storm rife designed long before AK. I knew the AK had to have German influence; they are just too dependable.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Just wondering if there are many full auto owners on this forum?
I was pleasantly surprised when I saw it.
Darryl

You are talking about full auto handguns right?

OCDO is dedicated to normalizing handgun carry as we go about our everyday lives.

Locking this thread and moving it to General Discussions.

Status
Not open for further replies.