Thread: Whataburger takes stand against Texas' new open carry law

Whataburger takes stand against Texas' new open carry law

My favorite Burger joint this really bums out! Now I will not ever spend my money in here again!

http://news.yahoo.com/whataburger-ta...153658659.html

I want to say W/B operates in most southern states, can folks from non-Texas chime in as to W/B prohibiting OC in your state?
    I don't think that has been the case, so now they are taking action to restrict things more so than in the past.
    “Men live without other security than what their own strength and their own invention shall furnish them"
    -Thomas Hobbes 1651

Quote Originally Posted by HPmatt View Post
    I want to say W/B operates in most southern states, can folks from non-Texas chime in as to W/B prohibiting OC in your state?
    I don't think that has been the case, so now they are taking action to restrict things more so than in the past.
    I live in Oklahoma and have OC'd in a few different WB locations. They are not posted, and the staff has always been friendly and never mentioned my sidearm.

A new WB opened up last week, near my house. This was after the corporate announcement of being anti OC. I decided to give it a go. There were several managers on location (I assume at least one was a DM). And yet again, they were all smiles and had no concern with me being armed.

I wonder if this is an official policy change, or if it's just a statement (like Target, Starbucks, etc). If it's official and signs go up, I'll stop spending money there.

I have been watching various image collections for "whataburger" AND "no guns" OR "no-guns" OR "guns" and no sort of gun-buster sign has yet appeared.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Quote Originally Posted by NoCoward View Post
    --Moderator edited--
    You made an account just so you can insult and threaten us? Wow... Enjoy your short stay.
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 07-13-2015 at 06:10 PM. Reason: Fixed it
    Armed and annoyingly well informed!

There are two constants when dealing with liberals:
    1) Liberals never quit until they are satisfied.
    2) Liberals are never satisfied.

Quote Originally Posted by Grim_Night View Post
    You made an account just so you can insult and threaten us? Wow... Enjoy your short stay.
    amazing how these weirdo's promote peace through such threat of violence, no? and yet not one of us has harmed anyone without lawful reason to do so, for the most part.

No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)