• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

wearable camera

solus

Just to clarify, "wiretap laws" only apply to an expectation of privacy. Say like on your private ground lines, or in your house. But if you are in a public place, it is totally legal to record. This has been argued many times by celebrities. I don't know the specific ruling. I do understand that SCOUS has ruled this.
So anything that can be seen or heard in public can be recorded

no its not papa, if it were this simple the subject would not have gotten to the highest court of the land...celebrities' argue because they were recorded and didn't want to be and the courts have ruled you are a celebrity and have no expectation of privacy. there are some states which as pointed out have singular permission and some states mandate both parties have to know and consent to the recording or it stops, immediately! if it doesn't you can and prob will be in a judicial proceeding.

ipse

papa bear

no its not papa, if it were this simple the subject would not have gotten to the highest court of the land...celebrities' argue because they were recorded and didn't want to be and the courts have ruled you are a celebrity and have no expectation of privacy. there are some states which as pointed out have singular permission and some states mandate both parties have to know and consent to the recording or it stops, immediately! if it doesn't you can and prob will be in a judicial proceeding.

ipse

agree with you on the celebrity thing, i probably didn't say it right

but disagree with you on the laws. rule of law is if it can be seen or heard in public. then it can be recorded. if it is in a private situation then the wiretap laws apply.

correct me if I am wrong tho, didn't SCOUS, say that LE has an obligation to be recorded and they have no expectation while on duty?

BTW reread your post. you are right. the argument was when they were in private, like a home or on private place, they should have an expectation of privacy. I think the courts did rule, that since they were "celebrities", they had no expectation of privacy. I don't hold with that. be cause "celebrities" is such a loose title I think every citizen ought to have the same rights, weather they are a "celebrity" or not

Logan 5

PapaBear, is this just stuff you hear or is it something you know? If this is something you know, then let's talk about it. If it's something and the false reports his you hear, you didn't hear the facts.
http://www.rcfp.org/
http://photographyisnotacrime.com/

I have been arrested for taking still pictures several times.
I have been arrested for taking video.
In the end it never gets anywhere because the cops know if I get booked there's a good chance they're gonna lose their job.

Well, except for the last one, and that's dragging out after the cop really screwed up. Oh well. I have audio, video, & stills of the event....

papa bear

PapaBear, is this just stuff you hear or is it something you know? If this is something you know, then let's talk about it. If it's something and the false reports his you hear, you didn't hear the facts.
http://www.rcfp.org/
http://photographyisnotacrime.com/

I have been arrested for taking still pictures several times.
I have been arrested for taking video.
In the end it never gets anywhere because the cops know if I get booked there's a good chance they're gonna lose their job.

Well, except for the last one, and that's dragging out after the cop really screwed up. Oh well. I have audio, video, & stills of the event....

Sorry to hear you have been arrested for something totally legal. I notice you didn't say you were convicted. Remember you can be arrested for anything. You could be arrested for selling g drugs and not have any on you.
Like I said I did work as a reporter for a while, so I have been through this. Now public and private is two different things. I probably could come up with cases, I think the SCOUS WAS about two years ago. Did you check with the group PINAC, photography is not a crime?

I would like to know more about your pics

BTW, I looked at the air pros, they do look promising. Trying to figure out how to wear them

FlyBoy276

The Mobius action camera has become popular, in the R/C world. 1080p video at 30fps, or 720p at 60fps, slim form factor, and under $80 shipped. If I really want to record from off of my body, I use the velco adhesive strips that come with it to attach it to the IR patch spot on top of my boonie hat, or the shoulder/arm patch of a tactical soft-shell jacket.

I once used it to make a video of me open carrying in response to friends posting videos about how police (don't, really..) react to blacks OCing. :p

papa bear

The Mobius action camera has become popular, in the R/C world. 1080p video at 30fps, or 720p at 60fps, slim form factor, and under $80 shipped. If I really want to record from off of my body, I use the velco adhesive strips that come with it to attach it to the IR patch spot on top of my boonie hat, or the shoulder/arm patch of a tactical soft-shell jacket.

I once used it to make a video of me open carrying in response to friends posting videos about how police (don't, really..) react to blacks OCing. :p

Thanks FLYBOY, that did look good. I could.see mounting that on my cap. I might have missed it, how long can you continually record? How is it for recording one on one conversations? I really like where you can monitor the video you take

I.would like to see some of your videos, especially, some of the reactions you have gotten

Last edited:

FlyBoy276

Thanks FLYBOY, that did look good. I could.see mounting that on my cap. I might have missed it, how long can you continually record? How is it for recording one on one conversations? I really like where you can monitor the video you take

I.would like to see some of your videos, especially, some of the reactions you have gotten

I haven't used it to the point where the battery dies, but they state 80 mins of continuous recording (if your microSD card is large enough to be filled sooner, depending on record quality). I only really use it when flying my RC craft, and they only fly for as much as 20, to as little as 5 mins at a time.

I've only recorded that one OC video, which was due to a friend or 3 posting some trending video of "the difference between people reacting to white/black people open carrying", where a black guy open carrying a long gun is ordered to the ground at gunpoint by LEO, and a white guy talks to the cop, and carries on with his business. The only 'reaction' I got in the video was someone saying, "Hey, how's it going?" as they walked past me on the sidewalk.

papa bear

I haven't used it to the point where the battery dies, but they state 80 mins of continuous recording (if your microSD card is large enough to be filled sooner, depending on record quality). I only really use it when flying my RC craft, and they only fly for as much as 20, to as little as 5 mins at a time.

I've only recorded that one OC video, which was due to a friend or 3 posting some trending video of "the difference between people reacting to white/black people open carrying", where a black guy open carrying a long gun is ordered to the ground at gunpoint by LEO, and a white guy talks to the cop, and carries on with his business. The only 'reaction' I got in the video was someone saying, "Hey, how's it going?" as they walked past me on the sidewalk.

IS THAT YOUR VIDEO?? I have watched that dozens of times. I was ashamed of the way the LEOS handled it. Looked like different parts of town. Have you made other test to see if all relations were the same? I'm glad they didn't shoot the guy in the video. Have you shown this to their superiors? Wonder which ones would get punished??
BTW, while I was looking at the one you suggested. I looked at the Innuvv 3. I liked the way it worked. It had a loop program like you would use on a car. That might be a good feature