Thread: Does King County issue card-style CHLs?

Does King County issue card-style CHLs?

I searched for the thread I know I've read where this was discussed, but the vBulletin search functionality is an unmitigated pile of sh**. Plus, if I'd had reason to post in that thread, it would be a 2+ year necro, if memory serves.

So anyway, does King County issue the newer, driver's license-like CHL cards, or the paper crap I got in Snohomish? I bought a house in King County about 13 months ago, and my paper CHL is fraying, so if I can get King County to replace it with a more durable version that fits my wallet better, I guess I'll pay the official bribe.

Laminate it.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

As Free say's, laminate it. When I got my first permit in Washington in 1992, it was called a concealed weapons permit and it was printed on yellow card stock type of paper. Spend a buck or two for lamination and it will stay looking new. My first permit looks like I just got it.

Well,,,

Seriously,,, do you want to pay? AGAIN? So your State Issued "Permission" Slip will look all shiny and new?

Really,,, even when it is all wilted and tattered,,, you bought your "Permission" once, and it is still valid.
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

Wait till it expires. Most places issue the paper one laminated anyway, I know Thuston county automatically laminates.
    "The beauty of the Second Amenment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson
    "Evil often triumphs, but never conquers." Joseph Roux
    http://nwfood.shelfreliance.com

Quote Originally Posted by golddigger14s View Post
    Wait till it expires. Most places issue the paper one laminated anyway, I know Thuston county automatically laminates.
    I concur with the above sentiment, as when I got mine it was laminated from Franklin County.

When was the last time anyone asked to see it?
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

These are all very lovely and well-meaning sentiments, but none of them answer the question.

Does King County issue the license-style CPLs, yes or no?

I appreciate the principled advice, but come on guys, answer first, then provide additional commentary secondarily. If you don't know if King County issues this style of permit, at the very least say, "I don't know." Then say, "Regardless, my advice is..."

Quote Originally Posted by ()pen(arry View Post
    These are all very lovely and well-meaning sentiments, but none of them answer the question.

I appreciate the principled advice, but come on guys, answer first, then provide additional commentary secondarily. If you don't know if King County issues this style of permit, at the very least say, "I don't know." Then say, "Regardless, my advice is..."
    No

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

Here's a concept: Call them?
    "The beauty of the Second Amenment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson

Is there even such a thing?

Quote Originally Posted by deanf View Post
    Is there even such a thing?[/COLOR]
    Yes, the reason for the question. My answer stands. Call THEM!

I have 1 question.

What does this thread have to do with OPEN carry?

roflmao
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 07-15-2015 at 05:58 AM. Reason: Wasted white spaqce
    "I'm just a no-account screed-peddler" Dave Workman http://goo.gl/CNf6pB

"We ought to extend the [1994] assault weapons ban" George W Bush

"The Bush Administration declared a permanent ban today on almost all foreign-made semiautomatic assault rifles." George Bush Sr, New York Times on July 8, 1989

"I support the Brady bill and I urge the Congress to enact it without delay." Ronald Regan.

"Guns are an abomination." Richard Nixon

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave_pro2a View Post
    I have 1 question.

roflmao
    Information/discussion regarding RKBA issues normally are germane.

Nothing new.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Regular Member rightwinglibertarian's Avatar
    I have 1 question.

roflmao
    Probably nothing as you don't need a permit to open carry. Well actually you don't need a permit to exercise a right at all but thats another debate :P
    "Which part of shall not be infringed is so difficult to understand"?

"Any and all restrictions on the bearing of arms in public places are nullified as per the Second Amendment"

Conservative Broadcast || Google Plus profile

Paper kind

I just renewed mine in at the King County Sheriffs office in Maple Valley a couple of months ago and it is on the old paper style. Still, I never really understood why they haven't ungraded, Costco can give you your new ID card in less than 2 mins and it wouldn't really cost that much to put in place. Maybe it feels more bureaucratic to make you wait and do it the older fashioned way.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Information/discussion regarding RKBA issues normally are germane.

Nothing new.
    IDK Grape, rule 8:

KEEP IT ON-TOPIC: All gun rights discussions not directly related to open carry should take place in the "General Discussions" forum and topics that are not related to gun rights at all should take place in "The Lounge". Please police your own posts before posting them and help keep OCDO strong and focused.
    meh/ Low expectations of others means never being disappointed.
    Last edited by Dave_pro2a; 07-15-2015 at 05:21 PM.

"The Bush Administration declared a permanent ban today on almost all foreign-made semiautomatic assault rifles." George Bush Sr, New York Times on July 8, 1989

"I support the Brady bill and I urge the Congress to enact it without delay." Ronald Regan.

You imply that it has nothing to do with open carry. But it does. A subset of open carry requires a CPL: loaded vehicle carry. It's the only reason I got a CPL in Washington.

Absolutely, directly relevant to open carry.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    IDK Grape, rule 8:

meh/ Low expectations of others means never being disappointed.
    Called decisions have the force of rules - it is OCDO's form of Common/case law.

I beleive that this "call" was made by John originally - he has consistantly supported this position.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

You imply that it has nothing to do with open carry. But it does. A subset of open carry requires a CPL: loaded vehicle carry. It's the only reason I got a CPL in Washington.

Absolutely, directly relevant to open carry.
    Awesome point.... if, you know, the OP had actually included that as part of the thread topic.

[thread topic]laminated or paper[/thread topic]

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Called decisions have the force of rules - it is OCDO's form of Common/case law.

I beleive that this "call" was made by John originally - he has consistantly supported this position.
    You speak Greek fluently.