• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Opea carry wit IWB holster

Opea carry with IWB holster

IS it considered open carry by means of legality if i carry IWB but the grips of the gun are in open plain view i.e over my shirt.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Generally if it can be recognized as a gun (in plain view) it is OC.

Still your question is state specific, so moving it to the Colorado sub-forum.

Firearms Iinstuctor

If your asking the question then you must have some doubts about the legal status.

The ultimate decision on if it is open or concealed would be up to a jury.

What we think here really doesn't matter.

Last edited:

mynameiscolb

I think the definitions differ from state to state. In Oklahoma, that would be considered unconcealed, which is legal. Oklahoma law actually says nothing on open carry. Only concealed or unconcealed.