• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Arrested for brandishing a gun at Rebel Flag supporter?

Repeater

This report seems confused; was James Baker arrested or not?

In any case, this is no way to misuse a gun!

Man arrested for pointing gun at Confederate flag supporters
A Chesterfield family is waving their flags once again. They say police told them a man confessed to pointing a gun at one of the family members.

"The police went and investigated, and they let him go. He admitted everything and they just let him go, and I don't understand that," said Mark Wilson.

Yet....
But on Tuesday evening, Chesterfield Police say 46-year-old James Baker was arrested for brandishing a firearm, a class one misdemeanor.

Baker, meanwhile, has been released, pending his appearance in General District Court in September.

Lots of comments in that article.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
From the article he was indeed arrested - just not right after the complaint was made.

What I'm trying to figure out is where Baker was in relation to the people he is alleged to have brandished at -

Were they in their driveway waving flags and he brandished while driving past? (Which I suppose would make it one of those dreaded drive-by incidents.)

Never read the comments! Never go full retard! Never get out of the boat!

stay safe.

va_tazdad

Other more detailed reports state that he got out of his vehicle and placed the gun to the head of the flag waver.

Whereas he admitted what he did, sounds like a no-brainer for the cops, but they had to go ask permission to arrest the brandisher.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Other more detailed reports state that he got out of his vehicle and placed the gun to the head of the flag waver.

Whereas he admitted what he did, sounds like a no-brainer for the cops, but they had to go ask permission to arrest the brandisher.
Award of the month for Stupid!

If that is the case, then I seriously think that the charge(s) should be upgraded to probably include Assault & Battery, use of a firearm in a felony, and maybe others.

No bond required so far?

Last edited:

solus

Sure name the time and the place big boy[emoji13]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

i gotta quarter on skid....(skid rest easy, if your butt gets baddly wooooop'd i'm trained to go for help, uh in chapel hill)

i'd come up for this fight...:banana:

(and no i'm not the one who instigates fights in bars and then hides under the table...at least, not always!)

ipse

Last edited:

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Sure name the time and the place big boy[emoji13]

OK, but we are going to have to use street addresses - you know, the ones that USPS looks at before giving your mail to somebody else.

And I can take you any time, any where. $1.50 starts the meter, then it's $0.15 for each 1/10 mile up to 1 mile, and $0.25 per 1/10 mile after that.

stay safe.

JoeSparky

Centurion
Award of the month for Stupid!

If that is the case, then I seriously think that the charge(s) should be upgraded to probably include Assault & Battery, use of a firearm in a felony, and maybe others.

No bond required so far?

In my neck of the woods (UTAH) he has already met, assuming the reporting is accurate, the requirements to be charged with Aggravated Assault ( a felony ) simply by drawing weapon not in an effort to deescalate
another crime or not in needed self-defense or defense of another. Once the gun makes contact with the other without that person's consent then he is up for the additional battery charge as well.