Thread: Chattanooga USN/USMC Support Center shooting, also Army Recruiting Center in synch.

Muhammad did it! Chattanooga USN/USMC Support Center shooting

4 Marines reportedly dead in shooting attack at Tennessee Navy facility

The Marines were killed by a gunman who opened fire at a Naval Reserves Operations Center on Amnicola Highway, according to the Chattanooga Times Free Press. Marilyn Hutcheson, who works at Binswanger Glass just across the street from the Naval Reserve Center on Amnicola Highway, said she heard a barrage of gunfire around 11 a.m.
    [ ... ]
    The shooting there came around the same time that a gunman in a silver Mustang opened fire at an Armed Forces Career Center in a strip mall some seven miles away, on Lee's Highway. The shooter stopped in front of the recruiting facility, shot at the building and drove off, said Brian Lepley, a spokesman with the U.S. Army Recruiting Command in Fort Knox, Ky. There were reports that a police officer was wounded in the shooting at the recruiting center, which Lepley said offers recruiting services for all four branches of the military.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/07/16...e-on-lockdown/

https://news.google.com/news/rtc?ncl...EoSwRzOxChab5M
    Last edited by Nightmare; 07-16-2015 at 05:39 PM.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Centurion
    Truly, a sad sad report. My condolences to all victims and their families.

Waiting for the rest of the story....
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

Yet another gun-free zone! The 'no weapons allowed sign' is posted right on the front door, which incidentally is now surrounded by bullet holes!

Last edited by OC4me; 07-16-2015 at 05:02 PM.

Regular Member Have Gun - Will Carry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeSparky View Post
    Truly, a sad sad report. My condolences to all victims and their families.

Waiting for the rest of the story....
    The rest of the story (no doubt spun by the media)... or the truth? Personally I'd prefer the truth, but I doubt we'll ever hear all of it...

But of course I echo your first statement - very sad.
    “There is nothing which I dread so much as a division of the republic into two great parties, each arranged under its leader, and concerting measures in opposition to each other.” - John Adams

Quote Originally Posted by marshaul View Post
    Experience? Experience means political success, which means (today) Democrat or Republican. And it is precisely these professional politicians who have become corrupt and unrepresentative of the American people.

Danged NRA lovin', Confederate flag wavin', rednecks......... oh wait.
    It's another Muslim extremist (Terrorist).
    Nevermind.
    Assault Weapon (N) “Any firearm whose design disturbs the sleep of progressive politicians.”.

Quote Originally Posted by Have Gun - Will Carry View Post
    The rest of the story (no doubt spun by the media)... or the truth? Personally I'd prefer the truth, but I doubt we'll ever hear all of it...

Here I am!

Sorry, had to...
    Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis.

μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator
    So in actuality you have no evidence that anything wrong took place, you only believe that it could be spun to appear wrong. But it hasn't been. The truth has a funny way of coming out with persistence, even if it was spun negatively the truth would find its way because these people will not accept less.
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    The truth causes some people so much pain they can only respond with impotent laughable insults. Life must be rough for those people.

Muhammad Youssef Abdulazeez identified as Chattanooga gunman

A U.S. official says the gunman in the shootings in Tennessee has been identified as 24-year-old Muhammad Youssef Abdulazeez. He was believed to have been born in Kuwait, and it was unclear whether he was a U.S. or Kuwaiti citizen.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...d-chattanooga/

local news
    http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/l...anooga/314944/

https://news.google.com/news/rtc?ncl...s3PAShIs1Ie1EM
    Last edited by Nightmare; 07-16-2015 at 06:06 PM.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Centurion
    Quote Originally Posted by OC4me View Post
    Yet another gun-free zone! The 'no weapons allowed sign' is posted right on the front door, which incidentally is now surrounded by bullet holes!

IF all the shooting was from outside---- he didn't violate the Victim Concentration Zone so Identified by the small decal.
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

It really sucks that so many people have to die and pictures like the one above need to be exposed to shed light on the true nature of the GFZ logical fallacy. How can people not wrap their heads around this?

From our perspective, we sometimes accept "baby steps" in legislation to get to a more distant goal. From the anti- perspective, baby steps equals apathy towards innocent human life to reach the unreachable and illegal goal of a total gun ban.
    Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis.

μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator
    So in actuality you have no evidence that anything wrong took place, you only believe that it could be spun to appear wrong. But it hasn't been. The truth has a funny way of coming out with persistence, even if it was spun negatively the truth would find its way because these people will not accept less.
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    The truth causes some people so much pain they can only respond with impotent laughable insults. Life must be rough for those people.

Quote Originally Posted by Have Gun - Will Carry View Post

Quote Originally Posted by The Truth View Post
    Here I am!

Sorry, had to...
    SMH... I had a feeling you were going to do that! LOL

But you'll notice I said 'the truth' not 'The Truth'... so who rattled your chain? JK, it's all good!
    “There is nothing which I dread so much as a division of the republic into two great parties, each arranged under its leader, and concerting measures in opposition to each other.” - John Adams

Experience? Experience means political success, which means (today) Democrat or Republican. And it is precisely these professional politicians who have become corrupt and unrepresentative of the American people.

Quote Originally Posted by The Truth View Post
    It really sucks that so many people have to die and pictures like the one above need to be exposed to shed light on the true nature of the GFZ logical fallacy. How can people not wrap their heads around this?

From our perspective, we sometimes accept "baby steps" in legislation to get to a more distant goal. From the anti- perspective, baby steps equals apathy towards innocent human life to reach the unreachable and illegal goal of a total gun ban.
    +1, definitely.

Anyone else seen the guys OCing long rifles in front of a Murfreesboro recruiting center? I didnt think that was legal in TN. They had mags in but may not have a round chambered.

Quote Originally Posted by Kopis View Post
    Anyone else seen the guys OCing long rifles in front of a Murfreesboro recruiting center? I didnt think that was legal in TN. They had mags in but may not have a round chambered.
    Yes, I saw them. I knew at least one of them, and he is pretty meticulous about following the law...so I suspect you are correct with regard to chambered vs. not chambered rounds.
    Last edited by falcon1; 07-20-2015 at 11:42 PM.
    If the public are bound to yield obedience to laws to which they cannot give their approbation, they are slaves to those who make such laws and enforce them.--Samuel Adams as Candidus, Boston Gazette 20 Jan. 1772

Veteran--USA FA
    NRA Benefactor Life
    Tennessee Firearms Association Life

AFAIK chamber vs unchambered on a long gun only applied to HCP holders while in a vehicle. That changed when the law allowed any that can legal own firearm (long gun or handgun) to have it in their vehicle fully loaded without any permit. I think it is still generally illegal to carry a loaded long gun in TN unless you are hunting or meet one of the other few exceptions or defenses.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin

Solution:

Step 1: Be armed. Always.

Step 2: Blow the bad guys away.

Not only does this solve the immediate problem, but it serves as a powerful deterrent while simultaneously culling the gene pool of those who would harm us. If you don't think this is Biblical, you don't know your Bible.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.