Thread: NYPD photos armed woman on Staten Island. NY USGC bases locked down

NYPD photos armed woman on Staten Island. NY USGC bases locked down

Last edited by Nightmare; 07-17-2015 at 04:34 PM.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Updated: Jul 17, 2015 3:58 PM CDT
    By MYFOX NEW YORK STAFF

Authorities set up checkpoints at three bridges on Staten Island and locked down U.S. Coast Guard facilities Friday afternoon after a retired cop witnessed people on Staten Island holding what appeared to be assault rifles, sources said.

The lockdown order has been lifted at Coast Guard Sector New York, at Fort Wadsworth on Staten Island, New York. Heavily armed Coast Guardsmen could be seen securing that facility as well as nearby Coast Guard Station New York, a small-boat station less than a mile away.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Do you have anything to say about the NYPD's conclusion that those were "most likely paintball gins"? And that their conclusion is based on a "forensic examination" of the photographs? ("Hey, Abby. Take a look at these and tell me what you think.")

Women who dress similarly to the woman in the picture rarely play physical games outdoors, and even more rarely with males that are not blood relatives. That has no bearing on whether or not the photographed rifle was of the paintball variety or otherwise. It has a lot to do with the information being allowed out to the public. So does the lack of any of the males pictured holding anything resembling a firearm or paintball gun.

As much as I try to keep the tin foil restricted to use in baking or wrapping stuff headed for the freezer, I'm thinking someone in NYPD needs to start lining their duty cap with some. I'm not a terrorism expert, I don't play on one on TV or radio, and the last time I stayed in a Holiday Inn Express was almost 4 years ago. Even so, my meter is pretty much pegging.

Before I go I would like to assume the Richard Cranium role assigned to me by a certain OCDO poster and thank the OP for the opportunity to have the first post that expresses an opinion or observation regarding the links they shared. (And I'm not going to get on the OP's case about the fact that the photos were taken by a retired NYPD cop and how that changes the ZOMG factor.)

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    So does the lack of any of the males pictured holding anything resembling a firearm or paintball gun.
    https://cbsnewyork.files.wordpress.c...pg?w=420&h=237

Photo number two depict what appears to be a male holding a rifle to the drivers head. A paintball, at that range, would really sting.
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie View Post
    https://cbsnewyork.files.wordpress.c...pg?w=420&h=237

Photo number two depict what appears to be a male holding a rifle to the drivers head. A paintball, at that range, would really sting.
    That, or he's pointing it into that big ol' open door right in front of him. Given the angles, it looks like he's about two feet in front of the rear wheel, not 6 or more.

Quote Originally Posted by Fallschirmjäger View Post
    That, or he's pointing it into that big ol' open door right in front of him..
    Yeppers, through the big sliding door, on a slight angle forward, and a head in the drivers seat. I see three long(off topic) guns in that image.
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

Sure, he could be twisted around that much, but I'll go with Occam's Razor... the simplest explanation is usually the one that's true.

Is there a reason he'd be doing that? No? Then he probably isn't.