Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: Obama doing a few good things.....finally

  1. #1
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338

    Obama doing a few good things.....finally

    I approve of decreasing sanctions against Cuba and Iran.

    I also like he is looking at releasing some nonviolent drug related folks from prison.


    Maybe he is just looking for a legacy, something good folks can attach to his regime. It doesn't outweigh the damage he has done, in his presidency which was a continuation of the Bush regime.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  2. #2
    Regular Member metalman383's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Eau Claire WI, ,
    Posts
    283
    I agree. We need to make sure more terrorist countries, have more money to try and kill us with.

  3. #3
    Campaign Veteran MAC702's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    6,520
    Quote Originally Posted by metalman383 View Post
    I agree. We need to make sure more terrorist countries, have more money to try and kill us with.
    It doesn't take all that much money to do that.

    Maybe looking at ways to lessen their resentment of us has merit, though.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

  4. #4
    Founder's Club Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Fairfax Co., VA
    Posts
    18,766
    Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post
    It doesn't take all that much money to do that.

    Maybe looking at ways to lessen their resentment of us has merit, though.
    I see your point.

    For myself, I'm sure the government of (insert Muslim country here) is just as criminal as our own. And, I'm sure those governments are just as glad to whip up anti-US fervor as our own government is happy to use jingoism, etc, to incite us to hate our fellow human beings.

    But, like yourself, I'm happy if our government can stop giving recruiting tools to other criminal governments.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

    If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

    There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

  5. #5
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338
    Quote Originally Posted by metalman383 View Post
    I agree. We need to make sure more terrorist countries, have more money to try and kill us with.
    Apparently you have very little understanding of what has motivated the attacks.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  6. #6
    Founder's Club Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Fairfax Co., VA
    Posts
    18,766
    Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    Apparently you have very little understanding of what has motivated the attacks.
    Oh, come, come. You're not trying to suggest the imperialism of the US government has something to do with it, are you? Nor, the crony capitalists?

    And, you can't possibly be suggesting that other human beings in other countries are smart enough to figure out the bankrupt US government's economic and monetary policies are wrecking the planetary economy?

    Puh-leeez.

    /sarcasm directed at naysayers and jingoists.

    Last edited by Citizen; 07-20-2015 at 10:11 PM.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

    If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

    There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

  7. #7
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338
    Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    Oh, come, come. You're not trying to suggest the imperialism of the US government has something to do with it, are you? Nor, the crony capitalists?

    And, you can't possibly be suggesting that other human beings in other countries are smart enough to figure out the bankrupt US government's economic and monetary policies are wrecking the planetary economy?

    Puh-leeez.

    /sarcasm directed at naysayers and jingoists.


    LOL...my bad...I forgot about "American Exceptional-ism".....LOL
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  8. #8
    Regular Member OC for ME's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    White Oak Plantation
    Posts
    12,272
    Why not all non-violent burnouts?

    Anyway, a few attaboys will not wipe away the 1000 awshoots.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

    "Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Thru Death's Door in Wisconsin
    Posts
    13,151
    Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    Why not all non-violent burnouts? Anyway, a few attaboys will not wipe away the 1000 awshoots.
    The progressives are all for any change. Like stirring a chamber pot to lick the slops.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

  10. #10
    Regular Member Dave_pro2a's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    2,227
    I suspect it's about race.

    And it's a pansy PR move. Commuting the sentence of a few prisoners does nothing to end the atrocious war on civil liberty.
    "I'm just a no-account screed-peddler" Dave Workman http://goo.gl/CNf6pB

    "We ought to extend the [1994] assault weapons ban" George W Bush

    "The Bush Administration declared a permanent ban today on almost all foreign-made semiautomatic assault rifles." George Bush Sr, New York Times on July 8, 1989

    "I support the Brady bill and I urge the Congress to enact it without delay." Ronald Regan.

    "Guns are an abomination." Richard Nixon

  11. #11
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338
    Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    Why not all non-violent burnouts?

    Anyway, a few attaboys will not wipe away the 1000 awshoots.
    Agreed. I think his timing is suspicious. Trying to create a little bit of a legacy for himself. I wish it was all non violent, non crime criminals.....but will happily grab a slice of the loaf even though we should be getting the whole loaf.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  12. #12
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave_pro2a View Post
    I suspect it's about race.

    And it's a pansy PR move. Commuting the sentence of a few prisoners does nothing to end the atrocious war on civil liberty.
    He is the war hawk, war on children, war on liberty, war on decency war war war war.....
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  13. #13
    Campaign Veteran since9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA
    Posts
    6,787
    Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    I approve of decreasing sanctions against Cuba and Iran.
    Really? Neither have done squat with respect to human rights. They make China's faux pas look like a swat on the leg.

    Obama has done NOTHING good lately. Or ever, for that matter.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

  14. #14
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338
    Quote Originally Posted by since9 View Post
    Really? Neither have done squat with respect to human rights. They make China's faux pas look like a swat on the leg.

    Obama has done NOTHING good lately. Or ever, for that matter.

    US condemning others and sanctioning them for human rights violations is hypocritical.

    Trade between individuals is the higher moral ground.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  15. #15
    Regular Member Logan 5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    690
    Will we ever have "the perfect President"?
    One that does everything just right?
    At the right time?
    For the right reason?
    To satisfy everyone?

    When you get done laughing hysterically, do answer....
    Lifetime member, Gun Owners of America (http://gunowners.org/)
    Lifetime member, Jews for the Preservation of Firearm Ownership (http://jpfo.org/)
    Member, Fraternal Order of Eagles since 8/02 (http://www.foe.com/)

    Registering gun owners to prevent crime, is like registering Jews to prevent a HOLOCAUST.

    I am not a lawyer in real life, or in play life. So anything I say is for debate and discussion only.

  16. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    northern wis
    Posts
    3,194
    Quote Originally Posted by Logan 5 View Post
    Will we ever have "the perfect President"?
    One that does everything just right?
    At the right time?
    For the right reason?
    To satisfy everyone?

    When you get done laughing hysterically, do answer....
    Make me king, president, supreme ruler than we well have perfection.
    Personal Defensive Solutions professional personal firearms, edge weapons and hands on defensive training and tactics pdsolutions@hotmail.com

    Any and all spelling errors are just to give the spelling Nazis something to do

  17. #17
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338
    Quote Originally Posted by Logan 5 View Post
    Will we ever have "the perfect President"?One that does everything just right?At the right time?For the right reason?To satisfy everyone?When you get done laughing hysterically, do answer....
    No president would be perfect and I am fine without having one.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  18. #18
    Founder's Club Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Fairfax Co., VA
    Posts
    18,766
    Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    No president would be perfect and I am fine without having one.
    I was re-reading a part of Leonard Levy's Origins of the Bill of Rights this morning, the section on the Fourth Amendment. One of the Founders (Adams? Madison?) remarked that a Parliament was dangerous to liberty.

    Then came the part that I cannot for the life of me imagine how I overlooked it before: the British constitution ties down the monarch.

    Whoa! That's right. The king can't do this; the king can't do that. But, Parliament had (still has?) large powers. Basically, lots of power transferred from monarch to Parliament. In a manner of speaking, the weasels in Parliament simply transferred power from the monarch to themselves.

    Don't get me wrong--scattered across the centuries and documents comprising the British constitution there are individual rights and liberties. So, I'm not saying their constitution only transferred power from king to Parliament. But, its definitely an aspect of things. Just review the English Civil War. And, the later abdication of James II after which Parliament invited William of Orange and his wife Mary to reign (Mary had a blood-line legitimacy to the throne).
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

    If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

    There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •