• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Hhgregg Help.

Ricky

Went into the Hickory, NC store Hhgregg yesterday to buy a replacement for my wifes aging computer. We were dressed like we just came from church for the record and was approached by a gentlemen who stated that corporate rules were against opencarry and I'd have to leave my gun the the car. I politely stated no, I would keep my sidearm on and go across the street to Best Buy were I was welcome and purchase my new computer. My question is can anyone with better penmanship write or call the corporate offices which I easily found on a google search. Thanks and just thought I'd share this as it's the only place I have ever been asked to disarm or leave............Ricky

dmatting

I've been in the HHGregg in Brier Creek in Raleigh a bunch of times, purchasing and just looking, and have never been hassled in the least.

Ricky

I've been in the HHGregg in Brier Creek in Raleigh a bunch of times, purchasing and just looking, and have never been hassled in the least.

Yes I've been in also in the past about a year ago and had no problems either. It just kinda caught me off guard at the time. I should have asked for a manager or the like but I just took a different route at the time.

1245A Defender

Well,,,

Yes I've been in also in the past about a year ago and had no problems either. It just kinda caught me off guard at the time. I should have asked for a manager or the like but I just took a different route at the time.

I am just glad that you made a choice that we can all agree with...

Politely telling him, you will leave,,, and take your Money,,, To the Competition!!!

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Compose your letter and send it via email. If you need help phrasing stuff to be more grammatically "correct" send your letter to me via PM and I'll proofread/edit - won't even charge you for the service.

BTW - where were you and your wife between 3 & 5 PM last Sunday? (I was apparently in a state of confusion.)

stay safe.

Ricky

Compose your letter and send it via email. If you need help phrasing stuff to be more grammatically "correct" send your letter to me via PM and I'll proofread/edit - won't even charge you for the service.

BTW - where were you and your wife between 3 & 5 PM last Sunday? (I was apparently in a state of confusion.)

stay safe.

Many thanks friend

Ricky

Well just wrote a letter to Hhgreg we will see what they say. I'll update as soon as I hear back.

bc.cruiser

Browsed through HHGregg today in Fayetteville, OCing. No reaction at all from anyone. Talked to one of the floor sales people about carrying in the store. Her response was that it was no big deal, unless you couldn't leave your gun alone. After all, they are right next door to Gander Mountain, and get people carrying in the store a lot.

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
Browsed through HHGregg today in Fayetteville, OCing. No reaction at all from anyone. Talked to one of the floor sales people about carrying in the store. Her response was that it was no big deal, unless you couldn't leave your gun alone. After all, they are right next door to Gander Mountain, and get people carrying in the store a lot.
HH Gregg does have a corporate anti-gun policy to the best of my knowledge.

Hopefully the OP's note, including, I expect, a copy of his receipt from Best Buy showing the sale that HH Gregg lost, will get a positive reply.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran

lockman

State Researcher
Was at the store in Bloomingdale, IL yesterday. Had a IL non compliant gun buster sign, ignored it but also did not spend a dime.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
Went into the Hickory, NC store Hhgregg yesterday to buy a replacement for my wife's aging computer. We were dressed like we just came from church for the record and was approached by a gentlemen who stated that corporate rules were against open carry and I'd have to leave my gun the the car. I politely stated no, I would keep my sidearm on and go across the street to Best Buy were I was welcome and purchase my new computer. My question is can anyone with better penmanship write or call the corporate offices which I easily found on a google search. Thanks and just thought I'd share this as it's the only place I have ever been asked to disarm or leave............Ricky

You don't need to say much, but it's only powerful if it comes from YOU, and please include a copy of your receipt from the other store so they actually see and feel the impact of their decision.

Write, even if you also call. The sales impact affects the local manager more than the corporate office. Let him be the one to give second thought to his store policy, especially since his store was the one that actively enforced it.

And thank you for sticking to your guns!

Dear XXXX XXXX (Get his actual name, and address it to him):
Enclosed please find a copy of the receipt for my purchase across the street from your store. I first attempted to shop in your store but was actively told I was not welcome while I was armed for my family's protection. I cannot fathom in what world this makes sense; that you would have me handle my firearm in your parking lot, and then leave it there, while at the same time no doubt not being liable for any valuables that are stolen from said parking lot. Additionally, what armed bad guy would comply? I urge you to rethink your policy. How many customers have you lost that didn't bother to write you with the reason why?
Sincerely,
XXXX XXXX

Ricky

You don't need to say much, but it's only powerful if it comes from YOU, and please include a copy of your receipt from the other store so they actually see and feel the impact of their decision.

Write, even if you also call. The sales impact affects the local manager more than the corporate office. Let him be the one to give second thought to his store policy, especially since his store was the one that actively enforced it.

Many thanks for all the great ideas. Been working nightshift and am now just getting around to addressing the issue farther.

Ricky

Mr. Willis,
Thank you for bringing your important concern to our attention. I am very sorry for our delay in responding. I have forwarded your emails to corporate management. I will notify you as soon as I receive a response.

Sincerely,
Diane, h.h. gregg

The E-Mail I got from HH Gregg today. I will follow up ASAP waiting on them.

Ricky

For the record I,m still waiting to hear from corporate ...Holding my breath