• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Please stand by to stand by for a Richmond-area meet&greet with a "furriner"

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Please stand by to stand by for a Richmond-area meet&greet with a "furriner"

He aint from around here. He thinks he will be in/near Richmond Saturday September 5th and/or Sunday September 6th. Time of arrival is currently unknown so this may be in addition to the historically Most Saturdays Greater RVA Breakfast.

More details will be released as the "furriner" figures out his itinerary and such-like.

Identity of the "furriner" will remain confidential in the hopes that by not knowing who it is more will come out just to find out.

Go sharpen those pencils now. I'll let you know when to start using them on your calendars.

stay safe.

The Wolfhound

That is Labor Day weekend

Should we plan a range trip for the geographically deprived now that they are setting foot in a freedom zone, if only for a few days?:monkey

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Should we plan a range trip for the geographically deprived now that they are setting foot in a freedom zone, if only for a few days?:monkey

That would be a wonderful thing. Thank you for volunteering to bring it to fruition once the date is locked in.

stay safe.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
will need to know which toys to bring....

This is why I maintain a membership at Black Creek: Guest privileges!:banana:

I'll see if the mystery guest wants to limit trigger time to handguns.

stay safe.

While I was posting this the mystery guest had PM'd me saying that they would not be able to pin down which day they will be in the area until about August 29th. Will you be able to work with just a week to set things up?

Last edited:

The Wolfhound

Should still be able to manage schedule

The more notice the better, but flexibility is possible. If other than handguns, OC'd of course, is desired, I can manage a few options. Number of guests is limited by range rules. The entourage must remain limited. Extra effort will be spent if this "furriner" is new to firearms. I love new shooter smiles! :)

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
So I'm guessing that trying to reserve/rent a couple of hours for a crowd in excess of 6 (2 members + 2 guests each), on Labor Day Weekend, would be a leeetle bit more difficult than the "impossible" one would encounter any other day?

Anybody have land reasonably close to Richmond?

stay safe.

FBrinson

So I'm guessing that trying to reserve/rent a couple of hours for a crowd in excess of 6 (2 members + 2 guests each), on Labor Day Weekend, would be a leeetle bit more difficult than the "impossible" one would encounter any other day?

Anybody have land reasonably close to Richmond?

stay safe.

I do, but it's in *ahem* Surry County.. *ducks*

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
I do, but it's in *ahem* Surry County.. *ducks*

Well, thanks for pointing that out.

But I understand that nobody would need to use the ferry.

Also, Surry is close enough.

I'll get back to you on your generous offer of your land once dates and times are more solidly known.

stay safe.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
UPDATE!

You are now advised to stand by to stand by to receive definitive information.

Those found sitting, munching popcorn and sipping soda, will be asked why they did not bring enough for everyone.

stay safe.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
UPDATE!

You are now advised to stand by to stand by to receive definitive information.

Those found sitting, munching popcorn and sipping soda, will be asked why they did not bring enough for everyone.

stay safe.

I switched to crunchy Cheetos - have enough to share.