• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Please stand by to stand by for a Richmond-area meet&greet with a "furriner"

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
"This has been a drill. This has only been a drill. Had there been an actual arrival of a mystery guest information would have been provided following the alert tone. BZZT BZZT BZZT"

I have been given permission to release the following:

"After much planning and changing of plans, the mystery guest has finalized their itinerary. After completing a short portion of his scheduled journey Joe Sparky will not be continuing on."

Please accept our sincere thanks for both standing by to stand by and standing by to stand by to stand by. Your participation is appreciated and Mr. Sparky expresses his deepest regrets at not being able to meet any of the Virginia OCDO members in person. Mr. Sparky extends an open invitation to join him in his home state where he claims there are "real" mountains.

You are, of course, free to continue with any plans for a meet&greet&shoot or other activity.

stay safe.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
"This has been a drill. This has only been a drill. Had there been an actual arrival of a mystery guest information would have been provided following the alert tone. BZZT BZZT BZZT"

I have been given permission to release the following:

"After much planning and changing of plans, the mystery guest has finalized their itinerary. After completing a short portion of his scheduled journey Joe Sparky will not be continuing on."

Please accept our sincere thanks for both standing by to stand by and standing by to stand by to stand by. Your participation is appreciated and Mr. Sparky expresses his deepest regrets at not being able to meet any of the Virginia OCDO members in person. Mr. Sparky extends an open invitation to join him in his home state where he claims there are "real" mountains.
Ft
You are, of course, free to continue with any plans for a meet&greet&shoot or other activity.

stay safe.

Oh well....maybe bubba Alex will come. He's a furner from up nawth.

scouser

That's a shame he can't make it to here, I enjoy his views and manner of explaining them even if I don't agree with all of them (heck, I don't agree with everything my friends on this board in RVA say), would have been nice to meet him.

Have to admit, though, I had been hoping skid was going to inform us of a return of Matt from TX who I enjoyed meeting, and showing some of Richmond's history to, last year.

Liberty-or-Death

I guess I'm an outsider and don't get it. It would have been nice to meet him I suppose, if I knew who he was.

JoeSparky

Centurion
And Mr. JoeSparky is severely bummed and disappointed that he proved to himself he was no longer only 20 something years old. After riding some 5000 miles of his 23K mile motorcycle road trip he was really disappointed to have to cancel said remainder of trip due to severe sciatica nerve pain.....

Wow, I even got referred to as MISTER---- Thanks! LOL

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
And Mr. JoeSparky is severely bummed and disappointed that he proved to himself he was no longer only 20 something years old. After riding some 5000 miles of his 23K mile motorcycle road trip he was really disappointed to have to cancel said remainder of trip due to severe sciatica nerve pain.....

Wow, I even got referred to as MISTER---- Thanks! LOL
Credit given where credit is due Mr. Sparky :)

Sciatic pain can be most debilitating - hope it clears up for you and/or responds to medication. There are those among us here that have more than casual knowledge of the condition.

HPmatt

I would sure like to attend - the visit and tour of Richmond last year was very much appreciated. But travel plans last month didn't work out for me to make it to the weekly Richmond Saturday 'scare kiddies and grannies' OC breakfast.

Was able to get to Winchester, Fort Necessity, Jumonville Glen in PA during week, as well as Civil War Fort Washington on MD side just over from Mt Vernon.

Looks like won't be back to Old Dominion until after Texas goes OC January 1st [emoji39].

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

skidmark

Campaign Veteran

Looks like won't be back to Old Dominion until after Texas goes OC January 1st [emoji39].

You can either announce yourself ahead of time or just show up - you'll still be welcome. There's always a thread announcing our weekly breakfast time and location as well as another thread about our monthly dinners.

It's likely that my memory is going, but just which kiddies or grannies did we scare that day?

stay safe.

The Wolfhound

Guess I have to put the toys away

But he was not from a Liberty deprived area either. Social activity is great. Letting the deprived experience freedom is even better.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
But he was not from a Liberty deprived area either. Social activity is great. Letting the deprived experience freedom is even better.
Ah but one of them (HPmatt) is/was. Texans won't have the right to OC until 1/1/16.

Always good to exchange information on how others solve problems too.

Last edited:

scouser

It's likely that my memory is going, but just which kiddies or grannies did we scare that day?

well it sure wasn't Logan, he wasn't there that day, and heck he isn't even scared of you now, not like that day a few years ago in Golden Corral when I told him to sit still while I got more food or I'd make him sit next to you. For those who weren't there, when I got back to the table, va_tazdad said "he didn't move, he barely even breathed"

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
well it sure wasn't Logan, he wasn't there that day, and heck he isn't even scared of you now, not like that day a few years ago in Golden Corral when I told him to sit still while I got more food or I'd make him sit next to you. For those who weren't there, when I got back to the table, va_tazdad said "he didn't move, he barely even breathed"

I'm just a big, soft, cuddly teddy bear :D - one with fangs and claws that just got woken up early from hibernation.:uhoh:

stay safe.

HPmatt

My visit for the Sat OC breakfast did hear some growls from the table re: coffee refills, but I personally didn't witness scared kiddies or grannies, or intimidated waitress. Was also nice to see that no one at table was targeted/bullseyed by those with latent criminal intent. Nothing untoward parking downtown, but did feel my wallet quivering in fear when we toured the Capitol grounds.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
that was skid practicing his drive-by pick-pocketing (well I wouldn't exactly call them) skills

Who needs enemies when you have friends like these?

And what he felt was me putting the wallet back in disgust because all he had were small, untraceable bills. Thought Texans were supposed to have hundred-dollar bills from their oil well/cattle ranch profits stuffed everywhere.

stay safe.

HPmatt

My wallet was shaking in fear being at the location w highest concentration of Svengalis that duped a state of free people to give them the authority to tax their personal income.

In Texas, other than a 4.6% Oil & Gas state production tax, my wallet keeps all of the money earned.

Wallet was very comfortable around all of the non-uniformed OCers that day.

HPmatt

Was reading this note last night from a Virginian:

..."I think the Parliament of Great Britain hath no more right to put their hands into my pocket, without my consent, than I have to put my hand into yours for money"
Geo Washington to Bryan Fairfax
Mt Vernon July 20, 1774

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
My wallet was shaking in fear being at the location w highest concentration of Svengalis that duped a state of free people to give them the authority to tax their personal income.

In Texas, other than a 4.6% Oil & Gas state production tax, my wallet keeps all of the money earned.

Wallet was very comfortable around all of the non-uniformed OCers that day.

If we had oil and gas production industries to steal money from we might not have all the other slices of our earnings cut off.

But it takes a Lyndon Baines ::hack, spit, Lying Bastage:: Johnson to reconcile a Oil and Gas state production tax with "I think the Parliament of Great Britain hath no more right to put their hands into my pocket, without my consent, than I have to put my hand into yours for money"
Geo Washington to Bryan Fairfax
Mt Vernon July 20, 1774"

In any event, please feel free to stop by and visit us. Help keep Virginia green - bring money!

stay safe.