• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Department of Social & Health Services denying right to open carry

mnrobitaille

An update

I realize that this is technically a dead thread, but I've had to visit the Kennewick DSHS CSO a couple of times in the past few weeks. Each time I've walked in, that same security guard has been watching me & my family like we are the primary threats there & just waiting to pounce on us. (I have not tried OCing into the office since the incident) I've been CCing when having business there since & yet still feel like being treated like I'm being profiled for exercising RKBA.

Freedom1Man

I realize that this is technically a dead thread, but I've had to visit the Kennewick DSHS CSO a couple of times in the past few weeks. Each time I've walked in, that same security guard has been watching me & my family like we are the primary threats there & just waiting to pounce on us. (I have not tried OCing into the office since the incident) I've been CCing when having business there since & yet still feel like being treated like I'm being profiled for exercising RKBA.
Stop suckling from the government teat, for one.

Start flexing your rights.

Also law study is good for the mind.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

decklin

Stop suckling from the government teat, for one.

Start flexing your rights.

Also law study is good for the mind.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

You don't know why he was there. He doesn't need to explain why. Mind your own business.

DeSchaine

You are being profiled. There's no two ways about it. I'd bet that they have your photo somewhere in their little security station with a note that says "BOTL," Be On The Lookout. An informed, rights exercising citizen is a threat to to their shepherd mentality. You are not a sheep like a lot of other people.

Difdi

You are being profiled. There's no two ways about it. I'd bet that they have your photo somewhere in their little security station with a note that says "BOTL," Be On The Lookout. An informed, rights exercising citizen is a threat to to their shepherd mentality. You are not a sheep like a lot of other people.

Both sheep and sheepdogs have nothing to fear from sheepdogs, only a wolf has cause to fear. The fact that there IS fear by people employed in those places says all you need to know about their nature.

noname762

Went to the Kennewick CSO today at approximately 2:45 p.m. to conduct some business. As I was checking in, the security personnel & a couple of the administrative staff clearly announced for all to hear that I had to remove my sidearm to my vehicle as firearms are not allowed there in the building. How they approached it was in a threatening posture to me, especially since the security officer nearly knocked my wife over. I calmly explained to them that I was following the regulations as written in both the RCWs & WACs. However the response was they were above the law & could do whatever they wanted, though one administrator did say he'd look up the regulations.

(All I was doing was standing to be signed in, with the sidearm holstered on my hip)

Well now I surely like the sound of this.

I had to go into a similar state office in another county a couple years ago and first thing I saw was the not so familiar gun free zone sign. I went right on past as GFZ signs do NOT carry the force of law in WA state.

As to the OP of this thread for any additional visits to this particular state office I for one would suggest you carry some kind of video/audio recorder just to record the law breakers deeds and or actions otherwise it is just your word against theirs and as most of us know video gives conclusive evidence as to who is lying and who is telling the truth.

Good Luck and

GIT SUM!!!

Last edited by a moderator: