Thread: Civilian guards ordered to leave ... after one accidentally[sic] fires rifle

Civilian guards ordered to leave ... after one accidentally[sic] fires rifle

"LANCASTER, Ohio — The owner of a shopping center that includes a storefront military recruitment center ordered armed civilians guarding the center to leave the premises today after one of them accidentally fired his rifle.

A Lancaster police officer delivered the order this afternoon from U.S. Properties Group Portfolio Four LLC, whose strip mall near the River Valley Mall includes the Armed Services Career Center. “God bless you,” the officer told the armed volunteers, but leave the property.
    [ ... ]
    Christopher A. Reed, 28, of Lancaster, was charged with discharging a firearm in the city limits, and was issued a summons to appear in Fairfield County Municipal Court on Tuesday, according to the police incident report.

Reed told the officer who responded that he was holding his AR-15 rifle in front of the military recruiting station to guard the personnel inside when someone approached him and asked if he could take a look at the weapon. Reed agreed to show him, and while he was trying to clear the ammunition from the weapon, he accidentally fired into the asphalt pavement. "

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stor...hot-fired.html

G00gle Real Time
    https://news.google.com/news/rtc?ncl...o2bHcoowZkiI7M
    40 Articles ATM
    Last edited by Nightmare; 07-23-2015 at 06:17 PM.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Shame we can't do that every time a government agent has an ND.
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Regular Member stealthyeliminator's Avatar
    *facepalm*

So, he gets a "God bless you" after a ND, can you imagine what an "open carry advocate" would get if they had an ND? Somehow I think the reaction would be significantly different.

Meh. Whatever. IMO, it's absurd that these guys (recruiters, etc.) are "disallowed" by their command from being equipped to defend themselves.
    Advocate freedom please

Regular Member twoskinsonemanns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator View Post
    *facepalm*

So, he gets a "God bless you" after a ND, can you imagine what an "open carry advocate" would get if they had an ND? Somehow I think the reaction would be significantly different.

Meh. Whatever. IMO, it's absurd that these guys (recruiters, etc.) are "disallowed" by their command from being equipped to defend themselves.
    He also has his rifle stolen and charges filed.
    "I support the ban on assault weapons" - Donald Trump

We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission - Ayn Rand

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    More is the shame. It is not the NDer's first such incident.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

The definition of blasé

From the Columbus Times Dispatch:

"Reed was convicted of the same offense in 2013, and was fined $50, court records show.
    [...]
    “I’m nobody special,” Reed said in a telephone interview on Thursday. “I’m just a guy doing my job because my own government wouldn’t do it.”

Reed said he is not a military veteran. He described himself as an active gun enthusiast who makes a living working side jobs.

He downplayed what happened. “It is what it is,” he said. “Nobody got hurt.”
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Regular Member stealthyeliminator's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    From the Columbus Times Dispatch:

"Reed was convicted of the same offense in 2013, and was fined $50, court records show.
    [...]
    “I’m nobody special,” Reed said in a telephone interview on Thursday. “I’m just a guy doing my job because my own government wouldn’t do it.”

Reed said he is not a military veteran. He described himself as an active gun enthusiast who makes a living working side jobs.

He downplayed what happened. “It is what it is,” he said. “Nobody got hurt.”
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Wow. Strikes me as someone that doesn't learn from their mistakes very well. "Whatever cause no one got hurt" is most certainly not the right reaction to a negligent discharge...

Quote Originally Posted by twoskinsonemanns View Post
    He also has his rifle stolen and charges filed.
    True..
    Advocate freedom please

I think he also deserves this one too...

Last edited by Grapeshot; 07-23-2015 at 11:54 PM. Reason: No F-bombs

Founder's Club Member
    Sounds like a sales opportunity for an NRA gun safety instructor.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

come on citizen, those instructors can fix someone stuck on permanent stupid...

i am sure some recruitment commander is phreaked out now...

ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by solus View Post
    SNIP come on citizen, those instructors can fix someone stuck on permanent stupid...
    <chuckle> Good point.

I wonder, however, if they can help someone overcome making typo's.
    Last edited by Citizen; 07-24-2015 at 02:09 PM.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Regular Member twoskinsonemanns's Avatar
    Although I do not discourage or disparage LGOC, one reason I chose not to is the constant handling of the firearm.
    As a personal limitation I feel that if I carried a LG while doing ordinary life stuff it may be possible for my finger to find the trigger while distracted with other things. I much prefer a firearm holstered and forgotten until needed and LG waiting patiently in the truck/backseat etc if it's needed.
    "I support the ban on assault weapons" - Donald Trump

We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission - Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Sometimes, the greatest dangers to the open carry movement are the dimwits on our side.
    Open carry is a First Amendment exercise.