Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Target suing man who helped teen during 2013 attack inside East Liberty store

Target suing man who helped teen during 2013 attack inside East Liberty store

To go along with Target addressing firearms, if you try to help someone from being murdered, you'll get sued.

This is 15 ways wrong from Sunday and no one in their right minds should support this evil business.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Would Target have tried to sue law enforcement had they done the same thing? I think not.

Quote Originally Posted by protias View Post
    To go along with Target addressing firearms, if you try to help someone from being murdered, you'll get sued.

This is 15 ways wrong from Sunday and no one in their right minds should support this evil business.
    he didn't even use a firearm in his attempt to help from the surveillance vid. he just straight up tackled the attacker from behind.

the fact that target is suing him is delirious, I mean under what law can they sue him for defending another person having a felony committed against them? let me guess, they are suing the girl for bleeding on the floor vandalizing it too right?

Activist Member
    This just shows how stupid company's can be! The corporate numbskulls deserved to be posted on the net and shammed for thinking they need to do that to someone who SAVED THE CUSTOMER!

Concerning this incident, I'll no longer shop at Target if they feel they need to point the finger at someone instead of being grown adults here. I find it funny that nobody from target corporation is even talking besides the usual chicken butt letters. I'll be getting rid of my target cards/membership stuff right away.
    Last edited by DWCook; 07-25-2015 at 02:20 PM.
    Nothing better than a Glock.........except maybe another Glock!

Quote Originally Posted by DWCook View Post
    This just shows how stupid company's can be! The corporate numbskulls deserved to be posted on the net and shammed for thinking they need to do that to someone who SAVED THE CUSTOMER!

Concerning this incident, I'll no longer shop at Target if they feel they need to point the finger at someone instead of being grown adults here. I find it funny that nobody from target corporation is even talking besides the usual chicken butt letters. I'll be getting rid of my target cards/membership stuff right away.
    In religious/spiritual/biblical parlance, this is what's known as "calling good 'evil' and evil 'good'." This is right of the Bible, specifically, Isaiah 5:20: "Woe to those who call evil good and good evil, who put darkness for light and light for darkness, who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter." The rest of Isaiah 5 reads like a modern-day expose of the twisted lies spewing forth from various segments of the political and media realms.

I use the Second Amendment as a bellwether. When combined with other Constitutional rights and freedoms that grant power to the people while stiff-arming an overbearing government, such as the First's freedom of speech and the Fourth's unreasonable searches and seizures, the Second Amendment is a great way to separate the chaff from the wheat, isolating those politicians who lean towards ruling over the people from those politicians who lean towards serving the people.

The same principle works for companies, as well. Target has place itself squarely in the cross-hairs by its own anti-American stance on firearms. I, for one, will never shop there again.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

Banned
    Old news.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6cba7733_marty-i-think-we-are-back-to-the-old-thread.jpeg 
Views:	168 
Size:	33.6 KB 
ID:	12898

How about an update?

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

Armed and annoyingly well informed!

There are two constants when dealing with liberals:
    1) Liberals never quit until they are satisfied.
    2) Liberals are never satisfied.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Suit and counter suit. Still too soon for a resolution - the gears of justice grind slowly.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Grim_Night View Post
    He also has permission from the city to hold a rally in front of the store next month.

Why, thank you master.....permission indeed.

Thx for update.

I haven't set foot in a Target store for years due to other reasons; this only hardens my resolve.

permission

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    He also has permission from the city to hold a rally in front of the store next month.

Why, thank you master.....permission indeed.

Thx for update.
    What day next month?

Quote Originally Posted by Fallschirmjäger View Post
    Would Target have tried to sue law enforcement had they done the same thing? I think not.
    I think it is safe to say you are correct. Sometimes people can be really dumb in these matters...

I OC at Target any chance I get. One of the few times I will shop there despite my better judgement on the basis of politics.

I know. Don't give them my money. Until they stop allowing OC I'll probably continue to shop there if it's convenient. I know nothing of the law suit. Don't really care. Sounds like some corporate lawyers fudged up. Target will pay for it one way or another, whether it be through counter suit or loss of revenue. The suit is too illogical to be a political statement.

Right?
    Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis.

μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator
    So in actuality you have no evidence that anything wrong took place, you only believe that it could be spun to appear wrong. But it hasn't been. The truth has a funny way of coming out with persistence, even if it was spun negatively the truth would find its way because these people will not accept less.
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    The truth causes some people so much pain they can only respond with impotent laughable insults. Life must be rough for those people.

Quote Originally Posted by The Truth View Post
    I OC at Target any chance I get. One of the few times I will shop there despite my better judgement on the basis of politics.

I know. Don't give them my money. Until they stop allowing OC I'll probably continue to shop there if it's convenient. I know nothing of the law suit. Don't really care. Sounds like some corporate lawyers fudged up. Target will pay for it one way or another, whether it be through counter suit or loss of revenue. The suit is too illogical to be a political statement.

Right?
    The law suit = let no good deed go unpunished.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    The law suit = let no good deed go unpunished.
    I thought the bolded was suppose to be some kind of cosmic universe rule...

any good deed I've ever done has always been punished.

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
    Lesson learned... Next time you happen to be in a Target or on their premise and see someone being attacked, just let it happen. Let Target deal with the repercussions of their decision to go after good Samaritans.

That's one way to handle it, only do so doesn't help the victim.
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

America First!

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernBoy View Post
    Lesson learned... Next time you happen to be in a Target or on their premise and see someone being attacked, just let it happen. Let Target deal with the repercussions of their decision to go after good Samaritans.

That's one way to handle it, only do so doesn't help the victim.
    No man is an island - - - etc.

Now Target just might be trying to gain the status of being the #1 island of inconsistent treatment of their customers = guess what they will do next.

Quote Originally Posted by protias View Post

I wonder...what options does he have to counter sue Target?
    "Shooting is rarely the best answer to a problem, but when it is, it's often the only answer."
    Three: Legends of the Dusk Walker

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Nang pa View Post
    I wonder...what options does he have to counter sue Target?
    Likely none at this point. I don't see anything regarding a counter suit included when he filed his answer to the complaint.

I cannot find a case # of the case though so it maybe that he did counter sue Target. I could see many counter suing reasons. Defamation, frivolous suit, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by JTHunter View Post
    Ever since Target banned the "Toys For Tots" and Salvation Army bellringers from their property, I have tried to exclude them from my shopping list as much as possible.
    personally, assistance at not being constantly inundated, from September through December, with requests for donations at the entrance, exit, and checkout line, is appreciated.
    Last edited by Griz; 01-24-2016 at 09:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Griz View Post
    personally, assistance at not being constantly inundated, from September through December, with requests for donations at the entrance, exit, and checkout line, is appreciated.
    If one must respond, a polite "No thank you" is enough.

Never seen anywhere that allowed them inside.

Banned
    If one must respond, a polite "No thank you" is enough.

Likely is talking about when your checkout and they ask "Do you want to make a donation to the Human Fund?" ... that annoys me.

Bell ringers? Never had one be aggressive ... I just pass them buy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lr1PdeYL8hA

Bring it on down to liqourville ! ^^

Not the local Salvation Army, no. It's usually the store itself soliciting for your change as you check out.

I hope Target loses this. I also hope that they have all the proffits sued out of them

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast