• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Transplant to Appleton WI from Colorado

rightwinglibertarian

You CAN open carry in a vehicle without a permit, but your weapon needs to be visible from outside the vehicle.

I would not risk it unless you wanted to challenge that unconstitutional infringement. There was a ruling on that I read but for the life of me, I can't find it. For now I suggest you either pay the bribe money demanded by the state to exercise a right you already have. Unless you've got a ton of money, in which case take no notice and try to fight the government. Best of luck though, you'll need it

Wstar425

You CAN open carry in a vehicle without a permit, but your weapon needs to be visible from outside the vehicle.

I would not risk it unless you wanted to challenge that unconstitutional infringement. There was a ruling on that I read but for the life of me, I can't find it. For now I suggest you either pay the bribe money demanded by the state to exercise a right you already have. Unless you've got a ton of money, in which case take no notice and try to fight the government. Best of luck though, you'll need it

Why would you cut and paste one sentence out of my post when the rest of the paragraph said basically exactly what you said? I'm not sure if you are agreeing with me or disagreeing? I could cut and paste words out of any post here and make it say anything I wanted to.

You can open carry without a license, loaded in a car, truck, boat, motorcycle, lawn mower, bicycle, even a personal aircraft in Wisconsin. The wisdom of doing that in a car on the highway is up for debate, for sure. I have done all of the above! Look on page 44 of the links FAQ.

To the OP, start reading the DOJ FAQ at the bottom of page 21. Page numbers are at the bottom of the page and NOT the numbers generated by the browser. The first 21 pages are the index and then rules regarding law enforcement officers.

OC vs CC page 28
Schools page 32-36
Signs page 38
Prohibited places page 40
TRANSPORTING page 44

I read through this every once in a while when I am bored and lonely. It's kinda dry, but it is understandable. Sadly, they don't link to any citations in the actual law, but it is put out by the WI DOJ so I suppose it is about as close as you can get.

rightwinglibertarian

This one, cited above?

190 Wis.2d 65 (1994)
526 N.W.2d 765
STATE of Wisconsin, Plaintiff-Respondent,
v.
Andre Tony WALLS, Defendant-Appellant.[†]
No. 93-2984-CR-FT.

Court of Appeals of Wisconsin.
Submitted on briefs August 2, 1994.
Decided December 6, 1994.

https://scholar.google.com/scholar_...4&q=190+Wis.+2d+65&hl=en&as_sdt=4,50&as_vis=1

A recent notorious application covered by the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
http://www.jsonline.com/news/milwau...vist-in-milwaukee-case-kq35kmh-134337568.html

One may beat the rap, but you can't beat the ride.

thats the one. though the ruling is laughable.

Gun-rights activist Krysta Sutterfield was charged Tuesday with carrying a concealed weapon for wearing a holstered gun under her jacket as she used the wireless Internet connection outside the Sherman Perk Coffee Shop late at night, according to a criminal complaint.

If convicted of the misdemeanor charge, Sutterfield, 42, faces a maximum penalty of nine months in jail and a fine of $10,000.

So yea, pay us the bribe money to exercise a right you already have or you'll be kidnapped, hauled in front of a judge who doesnt care about you or the law and get $10,000 extorted from you. Well I guess there is nothing we can say about mexican gangs and even U.S gangs. The country is run by them. Members include judges, police, SCOTUS and and of course the commie in the White House. Oh snap, did I just post all that? Oh well, truth hurts :p

Wstar425

From early 2011 to Dec 2014 I put somewhere around 600,000 miles on a 16 liter Cat Diesel. 600 horse, 2050 lbs/ft of torque it was a dream to drive. It would pass anything but a fuel pump. C-16 bulldozer motor in a 2001 KW W900L. I miss that thing! Last of the large cars.

dieselpwr77

From early 2011 to Dec 2014 I put somewhere around 600,000 miles on a 16 liter Cat Diesel. 600 horse, 2050 lbs/ft of torque it was a dream to drive. It would pass anything but a fuel pump. C-16 bulldozer motor in a 2001 KW W900L. I miss that thing! Last of the large cars.

very nice!

protias

im dont understand your post, did i attack someone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can ignore 99% of what Doug Hoffman says. He is a dangerous person since he loves to stalk people and spread lies. He's created well over 3 dozen accounts here causing all sorts of trouble and will continue to be a bane on the community.

Thanks!! I have problems deciphering the law as they write it. I thought that touched on 95 percent of my questions.

Even the police don't know all the laws as evidenced by my encounter at the Wausau Balloon and RibFest. Classic was the Lt.'s line. "There are lots of laws, we can't know them all." Going to Lincoln County Fair today and expecting to be talked to. As long as no signs at entrance, planning to walk in OC.

The FAQ is not law. You'd do better by reading the sticky: http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/s...rrying-(OC)-In-WI-Here-s-what-you-should-know since it actually sites statutes instead of several opinions at the DOJ.

dieselpwr77

You can ignore 99% of what Doug Hoffman says. He is a dangerous person since he loves to stalk people and spread lies. He's created well over 3 dozen accounts here causing all sorts of trouble and will continue to be a bane on the community.

The FAQ is not law. You'd do better by reading the sticky: http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/s...rrying-(OC)-In-WI-Here-s-what-you-should-know since it actually sites statutes instead of several opinions at the DOJ.

yeah thats where i got most of the info thus far :)

Law abider

Well you're in luck. Seems there is an event by you.

Well lets see. You cannot carry in a library for one due to an illegal statute. But WI law does allow you to OC without a permit. I would be careful though as Appleton cops have a bad reputation for excessive force. Enough to make even myself who is infamous for a hardline stance, realise I would need to take it easy if I ever moved there. Even the slogan says a lot. "Fighting Crime ... Solving Problems" Nothing about serving the public - which they don't.

No gun signs do have the force of all in Wisconsin, though I don't think it's a felony. Schools as far as I know is a no-go without a permit. I'm not sure the perimeter limit. Just that it's a federal 'law' that the 2A nullifies. You will however be persecuted and assaulted for exercising your right to bear arms there. Oh and join Copblock. They have a local chapter in the city

Watch out Appleton COPS! This may happen to you!
http://bearingarms.com/michigan-off...urce=badaily&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=nl

rightwinglibertarian

Oh no, I wouldnt let them take me alive. They would either back down and respect my Constitutional rights or they would have to murder me in cold blood

Your choice of words could possibly be construed as threatening.

Of course they could. Only if I was willing to believe any member here would be capable of paying off a police officer to assault and kidnap me for exercising my rights. Hardly a plausible idea.

Law abider

Oh no, I wouldnt let them take me alive. They would either back down and respect my Constitutional rights or they would have to murder me in cold blood

Of course they could. Only if I was willing to believe any member here would be capable of paying off a police officer to assault and kidnap me for exercising my rights. Hardly a plausible idea.

Don't talk to the troll too often.

Franky

Don't you mean the stalker Doug Hoffman? ;)

After reviewing your posting history you are definitely obsessed with this fella. I would like to see some specifics about your endless accusations. If not, I will have to conclude your numerous accusations are silly and false.

Law abider

After reviewing your posting history you are definitely obsessed with this fella. I would like to see some specifics about your endless accusations. If not, I will have to conclude your numerous accusations are silly and false.

Yes Protias, the same Doug who called a radio show from Appleton. I heard him on the way back from work. Voice sounds raspy and slow

protias

Yes Protias, the same Doug who called a radio show from Appleton. I heard him on the way back from work. Voice sounds raspy and slow

He thinks he's all sly and crafty, but all he is, is an open book who hates liberty. Sure he may say it but deep down, I don't think he does. He loves to scare people and make them feel vulnerable by creating new names, always coming back to harass people. He's nothing but a coward. He thinks he can win but he is as delusional as the democrats. Always lying and twisting words to get people to stumble over their beliefs.