• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

MSNBC Poll about 2A - vote early and vote often

JamesCanby

Activist Member
Alexandria, VA at www.NoVA-MDSelfDefense.com
There are two YES answers, yes to the 2A, and yes for self-defense.

The 2nd Yes answer is qualified as "only for defense," so I didn't choose it despite not knowing why else I would carry? To hold me down in a high wind? Even deterring a criminal act is, in itself, a form of self defense, so that doesn't work. Perhaps I'm carrying so if I decide on impulse to rob a bank I won't have to go home first to get it? Pretty dumb answer choice.

Maybe it's dumb on purpose so that when the 2nd Amendment is removed from the Constitution (in their dreams) all those who said it's their right to carry won't have that to rely on any longer.

But, then again, it IS an MSNBC poll -- one should not expect erudition from their liberal/progressive mindset. Given the results, I suspect they will never publish the chart...

Last edited:

twoskinsonemanns

seems an obvious attempt to split the pro-gun vote with two pro-gun choices and one anti-gun choice.
What a complete failure on their part.

blahpony

It was a yes or no question, so they had to get a third choice in there to make it "scientific".

It was at 92 yesterday when I voted.

since9

Campaign Veteran
There are two YES answers, yes to the 2A, and yes for self-defense.

Combined, that's 95.45%, a clear 20 to 1 advantage. I'll take it.

Shared on Facebook. Let's get the word out!

I laugh every time I see these stupid polls. They appear on blitheringly idiotic anti-gun libtard news sites, yet the folks can't seem to understand why We the People insist on our Constitutional rights as opposed to being subject to restrictive laws that create violence-prone gun-free zones.

JoeSparky

Centurion
92% + 15% + 13% = 120% [emoji38]

Should have said: 92% + 4% + 4%

or

359K - 15K - 13K
Maybe I misread the data. Let me check and report. But I agree 120% for ANY poll result must be wrong.
Review report and what I reported as % for final 2 data points should have been 15K/4% and 13K/4% as Grapeshot so gently corrected me.
Maybe someday I can make his acquaintance.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Maybe I misread the data. Let me check and report. But I agree 120% for ANY poll result must be wrong.
Review report and what I reported as % for final 2 data points should have been 15K/4% and 13K/4% as Grapeshot so gently corrected me.
Maybe someday I can make his acquaintance.
I'll be the skinny ol' phart w/suspenders sitting with his back to the wall - always up for a meet n' greet.