Thread: Gallup on Americans and marijuana, 8 - 12 July 2015

Thru Death's Door in Wisconsin

Gallup on Americans and marijuana, 8 - 12 July 2015

These data are based on a July 8-12 Gallup poll, which came on the heels of the latest victory for pro-marijuana legalization advocates when, on July 1, Oregon joined Colorado, Alaska, Washington and the District of Columbia in making recreational use legal.
    [ ... ]
    Though Americans younger than age 30 are most likely to say they currently smoke pot (18%), adults between the ages of 30 and 64 are most likely to say they have ever tried it. The latter group includes many baby boomers, who accounted for the sharp increase in admitted use Gallup found between 1969 and 1973. Few adults in the 65 and older age group, which includes the oldest boomers, say they currently smoke marijuana (3%), and they are the least likely to say they have ever tried it (22%).

The more often one attends religious services, the less likely he or she is to admit to using or trying marijuana. Similarly, those who have no religious affiliation are much more likely to say they smoke marijuana (18%) than adults who identify themselves as Catholic (6%) or Protestant (5%).

Men (13%) are more than twice as likely as women (6%) to say they use marijuana. Nearly half of men have at least tried it, compared with 35% of women.

[Detailed chart follows] Marijuana Usage and Experimentation in the U.S., by Subgroup

Remember those SOCIAL SURVEY robo-calls you keep dodging?
    Last edited by Nightmare; 07-26-2015 at 07:40 PM.
    If TRUMP 2016 loses then I will shrug off my WHITE MAN'S BURDEN and leave the world to the Dindus and Done Nuffins. Read and understand Ayn Rand's Atlas Shrugged as a prescription for the future. TRUMP 2016

Founder's Club Member
    Fairfax Co., VA
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    SNIP Remember those SOCIAL SURVEY robo-calls you keep dodging?
    <chuckle> The survey companies could end the failed drug war. Just ask a new question: "Would you vote for a candidate who supported making a criminal out of a marijuana user?"

Given the sometimes narrow margins in elections, if the politicians see the number of "no's" is greater than their margin of victory, wanta take bets on how fast marijuana is decriminalized nationwide?
    Last edited by Citizen; 07-27-2015 at 06:43 PM.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.