Thread: Open Carry Dinner

Banned

Open Carry Dinner

There should not be any confusion on this one. Trying for a meeting/dinner at longhorn steakhouse near lenoir ryhne/highway 70 on the 4th at 4 pm.

Quote Originally Posted by PATRIOT88 View Post
    There should not be any confusion on this one. Trying for a meeting/dinner at longhorn steakhouse near lenoir ryhne/highway 70 on the 4th at 4 pm.
    1. Recommend you post an actual address that, when typed into Google Maps, shows exactly where the restaurant is. Almost everyone that posts one of these includes an address. It seems to prevent confusion.

2. Good luck for a good turn out. Wish I were close enough to make it.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Some aversion to posting specific date and address?
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Banned
    I have provided date/time. Please, reread the first post and stop seeming to selectively read or read too fast. No adversion, just not a walking phone/address book and limited in what I can do. Laptop is glitching more lately...not on as much. Bring your own money for your meal please. 1332 Highway 70 SE.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    I have provided date/time. Please, reread the first post and stop seeming to selectively read or read too fast. No adversion, just not a walking phone/address book and limited in what I can do. Laptop is glitching more lately...not on as much. Bring your own money for your meal please. 1332 Highway 70 SE.
    When you get your act together let us know.

You can read/comprehend, but choose to respond the way you do. It is tiresome and not a little bit insulting. May have to curtail that soon.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Quote Originally Posted by DrMark View Post
    1. Recommend you post an actual address that, when typed into Google Maps, shows exactly where the restaurant is. Almost everyone that posts one of these includes an address. It seems to prevent confusion.

2. Good luck for a good turn out. Wish I were close enough to make it.
    Exactamundo!
    It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Copy "longhorn steakhouse near lenoir ryhne" then paste into Google search box. The below results.

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q...r+lenoir+ryhne

The OP provided all of the information required for those who have a desire to attend.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    Copy "longhorn steakhouse near lenoir ryhne" then paste into Google search box. The below results. https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q...r+lenoir+ryhne The OP provided all of the information required for those who have a desire to attend.
    LOL Archly - one can lead a horse to dinner but one cannot make him 'eat'!
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    Copy "longhorn steakhouse near lenoir ryhne" then paste into Google search box. The below results.

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q...r+lenoir+ryhne

The OP provided all of the information required for those who have a desire to attend.
    Google makes a lot of mistakes, a hell of a lot. The onus is not on the reader to do the poster's work for them.
    It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    Google makes a lot of mistakes, a hell of a lot. [ ... ]
    The onus is on the user to use an effective and honest search engine, that is not G00gle. Follow the money.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Banned
    Well, one, you seemingly accuse me of not posting the date/time, when I clearly did and I did not avoid anything. Secondly, steak is expensive. you cannot expect me to pay for everyones meals. Show up or not...its that simple. your choice.

Banned
    There is only one upcoming 4th. I dont do longterm planning for meetings. dont see the big deal. 6 days advance plan.

Centurion
    This does not say this is going to happen at a specific time or place--- only that you are trying! It seems on this that I would agree!
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

[Drago voice and hogleg being fired]People! People! People![/Drago voice]

Based on previous posts the OP seems to have some difficulty writing simple declarative sentences rather than using the conditional. He wants to start at 1600 (4 PM to you Chair Force guys and for the Marines Mickey's little hand in trying to get inside the pants pocket on his left side (your right side) while his big hand is straight up signaling he needs to make a head stop.) He will wait some amount of time in the hopes that anybody that is a straggler shows up.

He has, however, provided the street address:
    1332 Highway 70 SE

I'll just add the postal identifiers and the phone number in case you get lost:
    Hickory, NC 28602
    Phone number (828) 322-2944

Once you get to Hickory, NC the place is here http://www.longhornsteakhouse.com/lo...y/hickory/5122

I do not understand why the OP is so adamant about everybody paying for their own meal. It's not usually expected that the host picks up the tab, and the OP has only one experience where a one-time offer to do that was made.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

As near as I can tell, Walking Wolf and I are about 175 miles away from Hickory. That is beyond my range for a second appearance. As for the rest of you, instead of jumping the OP over sentence structure, perhaps you could have simply asked if he was "trying for" or if that was the actual date, time, and place that the event would occur. If the proposed date and time were inconvenient to several, then an alternate could have been suggested. In his first series of posts members here advised him to set up a meet/greet himself as a method of getting acquainted with other OCers. His first one did not go well, but he is trying.

Patriot88, I won't be there. Based on the replies and those members' locations, don't expect any of the other thread responders to be there either.

Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    Google makes a lot of mistakes, a hell of a lot. The onus is not on the reader to do the poster's work for them.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Can we OC in places that serve alcohol?

Quote Originally Posted by CDT COX View Post
    Can we OC in places that serve alcohol?
    Only if you have a CHP.

was thinking the same thing, not a good spot for an open carry dinner...
    We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate.

Thomas Jefferson

Inquiring minds want to know: Did it happen, and who made it?

Been lurking this guys last few threads...

I understand the frustration that occurred the last time he tried to set something up but give him the benefit of the doubt. He's at least trying to set up a meeting which is more than we can say for most people. I would have driven down to Hickory myself today if I wouldn't have been working. It's 115 miles for me too...but if the steak and conversation is good then I'm there.

Try to pick a venue that doesn't serve alcohol next time since not all of us have CHPs here. Also, if you can it's always best to give the exact address so there isn't any confusion like there was on your last attempt at a meet up. The best way to get the address is to go on google maps and find the restaurant, clicking on it should give you all the information (e.g. phone number, address) so others have an easy time finding the place. I understand you're a local of Hickory so you can find these places with the directions given, but for us driving in from miles out we have to know the exact location so we can plug it into our GPS. I could find the place with just a map and some hints but I bought a GPS so I didn't have to do that no more.

If you try to host again I may attend, money is a little tight right now so I would prefer burgers instead of steak but it's your party so that's on you. Hopefully you got some people to show up today, if not please don't get discouraged.
    Last edited by PLUR; 08-04-2015 at 05:43 PM.